Any Female growers?

@99% yep real live close ups. I get lost reading, I learn visually.

3 Likes

There have got to be some really good up close pic on this site.

When I find them, Iā€™ll try to remember to drop you a link.

One thing is for certain, if you never see 2 hairs (pistils, stigma) it is not a female. I flipped a plant 6 days ago figuring I had a really fine male plant, then the hairs started forming. Have to watch this one closely to be sure it doesnā€™t go hermaphroditic on me.

2 Likes

I have no ability to have children so Iā€™m happy to have my cats and plants :slight_smile: female grower here with the help of my fiancĆ© :slight_smile:

13 Likes

yes i usually prefer growing females. sometimes iā€™m a male grower too though but not as often.

this thread has closeups of male and female preflowers @G-paS

5 Likes

Lmfaoooo youā€™re funny

ladies growing weed in a thong I would get into that ā€¦this is part of the sausage fest talking

3 Likes

Watch what you ask for you may get more than you want.:older_woman: :imp:

13 Likes

Confession time.
Itā€™s amazing the things we can say now, that we wouldnā€™t have considered sharing 16 years ago. I was on OverGrow every day, back in the day. But you can believe nobody knew I was a female, lol. I was a bum, other than my growFAQ contributions. Spent most of my time in the Tank and the Lounge.

15 Likes

Ha! Ha! That is laughs. :grin:

2 Likes

Lol, Yep. Sad but true.

4 Likes

If you were growing in the US then, you were a criminal, straight up. That took balls, soā€¦it was mostly guys.

9 Likes

Is that why you used a male name too! I came out of the closet :flushed: early on when I saw how great these guys are.

11 Likes

I was new to the growing game on social media, so I just went with the most cocky thinking I couldnā€™t think of; but never excepted it to work lol

I havenā€™t had any disrespect from male grows actually quality the opposite aha

11 Likes

gender is just, like, a social construct man, weā€™re all the same

4 Likes

I have to share on this topic! I loved the thought behind the thread and I wanted to share. This is one of my mentors. Ms. Holli is one of the OWNERS of the garden I work for. This lady knows how to grow. Especially cannabis. So when I heard female growers were not getting the recognition they should I spoke to her about it and she agreed to get a picture with me to share with the group. Soā€¦ here is one of my bosses, one of my best friends, and one of my mentorsā€¦ a lady grower. So this pic is for Ms. Holli. Respect to the female growers! She has taught me a lot!

30 Likes

incredible, are those plants on raised tables? they are so tall! send holly an invite :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Very cool! Thank You Mrs. Holli! :grin:

4 Likes

3 Cheers for Ms. Holli.

She has a really great looking grow.

6 Likes

Thank you for the responses and I apologize it has taken me a few to get back on as life has been very busy! I felt it was important to share an image of her in the garden as she is one of my mentors and to hear that women get discredited makes me angry. There are some VERY skilled ladies out there in the grow scene! My hat is off to this lady and her grow skills and I will add to that my hat is off to ALL growers, men and women alike who have risked so much for our mutual belief and love of this plant. Respect.
Stay safe my friends.
-Canna Jake

7 Likes

They are on raised tables but not very highā€¦ they are pretty big girls :smile: almost as big as our power bill :smile:

5 Likes