Any Female growers?

Dude here. Guess the name says it all anyway…lol

2 Likes

Last I checked, male here… maybe the name was a give-a-way?

2 Likes

Busted.
So much for anongendermity.

1 Like

Thank you @LemonadeJoe, 3 searches and this did not come up, maybe my wording in the search bar.

1 Like

I must add this after reading the old thread (and the new moved posts) I completely agree! The wife is the ‘unsung hero’ in our op. Actually she’s the boss, lol, as the biz is in her name! She’s been working alongside me for a few decades+ on our ladies and is very competent. Her medicinal needs were the inspiration for my breeding Frankenstein. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I find dude to be the perfect balance for what to call people in a gender neutral way…

Edit, I gotta start looking through the threads more didnt remember commenting earlier

4 Likes

I know what you mean, I find stuff I posted and think when did I write that :thinking: can’t remember it to save my life :joy:

6 Likes

lol…put the joint down and step slowly away ;)-

3 Likes

Growing grammy here. Thoroughly enjoying my growing project. As if the medicinal properties of the plant wasn’t enough, I find growing exciting and very relaxing. :footprints:

19 Likes

:purple_heart:
Love this.

6 Likes

Glad to have ya here and welcome to OG!

5 Likes

Was thinking about this the other day and just now stumbled across a thread where folks were wondering about members being female or not which got me thinking about my initial thought process…
I’d like to hear your thoughts on why this is such a male-dominated subculture.
Also, hope the women of the OG will chime in on what annoying shit or challenges you’ve had to deal with or encounter as a female in the grow world…
Wondering why there are so many fantastic women gardeners - both vegetable and flowers - but so few in the cannabis world.
Interested in hearing some perspectives on this.

5 Likes

There are alot, let me transfer you over to a previous thread on the same topic

5 Likes

Now that we’re here lol I’d like to introduce @Meesh , real cool lady!

Welcome to OG! Always good to have a new lady to show us how to grow amazing plants!

6 Likes

Was thinking about this the other day and just now stumbled across a thread where folks were wondering about members being female or not which got me thinking about my initial thought process…
I’d like to hear your thoughts on why this is such a male-dominated subculture.
Also, hope the women of the OG will chime in on what annoying shit or challenges you’ve had to deal with or encounter as a female in the grow world…
Wondering why there are so many fantastic women gardeners - both vegetable and flowers - but so few in the cannabis world.
Interested in hearing some perspectives on this.

5 Likes

Hey bud. While I think it is more males growing the ladies are catching up. I think it would surprise you to know how many woman grow.

4 Likes

A previous thread? Wow, toastyjakes to the rescue, thanks very much. You are really on the ball.

1 Like

My wife grows in coco.
I’m in rdwc . I lose count of how many plants she has growing. I’m waiting on her to kick me out of the grow room.

19 Likes

Heard that … my lady tends to pick the good plants with no issues lol I tend to make mine look like they had a rough childhood

8 Likes

I thought I would be nice and mix her Jack’s for her.
I wont make that mistake again lol

7 Likes