Any hunters on the forum?

ya they messed up the seasons a long while back more money down south.

The migrating ducks don’t even budge until after Christmas now.
Thats also when the big rafts of bluebills come down.

2 Likes

Anywhere else you can shoot bluebill all day, here I’m allowed 1… Almost as back as canvasbacks and pintails used to be but you and I both know there are more than enough scaup to go around lol

1 Like

i hunt birds and deer mostly. archery opens up here on October 1st and ive been out of venison for a few months now so im growing very impatient. id like to get 3-4 this year. if i don’t fill the freezer during early archery, ill get out there with the shotgun when firearm season opens up but October in the stand with my bow is much more preferable to me than late November or December freezing my ass off.

6 Likes

I’d always heard it as: Duck or Wabbit… season!

regards,

3 Likes

man, I haven’t seen or even heard, any quail in many years now!

regards,

3 Likes

Pintails talk about a dinosaur aint seen a sprig in i dont know how long.
Have always wanted to get one mounted that and a woody.
The only ducks that don’t eat fish.

Usually the Mississippi is freezing when the bills go thru, going over a bridge in the quads or even down around Andalusia just thousands upon thousands of bills and rafts after raft.

5 Likes

i do some geese/ duck hunting with my friend who’s a Maine guide. its awesome when you have a huge flock set right on your spread. one landed right on my blind a few years ago. could of grabbed him if i wanted .ive also shot 50 deer in my life as well as 2 moose and several black bear. i also like to hunt grouse, woodcock and snowshoe hares. we eat every thing we take. i did get my bull moose head mounted. its hanging in my brothers hunting lodge. he’s also a Maine guide. guides in Maine can also guide in Alaska. only state that Alaska accepts their guide certificate.

5 Likes

Plus they are more predictable then. You can use the stealthy shot to score some doubles often times also. I hit a double the last time I went out during blackpowder. Two does in one hunt, helps to fill the freezer!

3 Likes

double days are hard to beat even with the extra time spent processing a second deer. stepping back and looking at a garage freezer full of vacuum sealed or paper wrapped packages of venison is a damn nice feeling.

2 Likes

I’ll be waiting with fork and knife for the deer tenderloins! What’s your address again? I’ll be over with a case of beer when it happens! :wink:

3 Likes

There’s one species where it takes a box of shells for like two birds ! Lol them fuckers fly like their high getting out of the cannabis fields!

4 Likes

Hey if theirs any landowners down south that like to rid themselves of Ferrell pigs or javelina I’d be happy to make a trip and arrow a few of theM oinkers! Need some bacon for winter!

9 Likes

I’m about 4 hours closer to you this week, and I found some loins in the freeze. Just saying buddy.

4 Likes

we have a spring white goose season with almost no rules. If you get in the geese, its all you hear when your alone and its quiet for like 8 hours after ,those snows and blues squacking

4 Likes

Hell yea That’s my prime time! We have a few thousand socks, couple hundred full bodys and a verrrrry loud call box lol

Love getting caught in the cyclone of white

5 Likes

I have some dekes, alot of socks because I am in North Dakota and the wind gives you free socks lol.
a 5 x 8 trailer layouts duck dekes electronic call (can be used in spring here)

5 Likes

something I’ve never done is pile the snows

5 Likes

I caught one by hand a few years back… Foggy morning and he came in low and fast, by the time I popped out to shoot it, it lit on my lap before it realized it’s mistake… That little Ross was my blind buddy that day

3 Likes

Got a ruffie today

12 Likes

I found a little area on the weekend, that must have had 10-20 of them hanging out… everywhere I looked lol but I onky had a .270

2 Likes