Any one depressed?

Look guys …if it’s real bad , I have a sanctuary in The valley of the moon.

Ain’t no mansion…but there’s a spare room …if you need a break …it’s open.

38 Likes

14 Likes

“Depression is anger without enthusiasm”
Suppressed emotions often turn into depression.
I got a lot better when I cut certain people out of my life.

18 Likes

So then I’m doing good with the anger? Means I’m enthusiastic? :laughing:

download

9 Likes
3 Likes

Some days just start bad and go downhill from there. It happens.
You just got to relax and think about something that makes you smile.
Puppies, kittens, fast cars, pretty girls anything you like.
Enjoy everyday you got. :smile:

8 Likes

I know I could not be the only one and I’m not that crazy. I’m from a long line of suicide and depression. I’ve been in and out of mental ward but has been a long time since I’ve had that type of relapse.
Thanks guy. Yall are like family. I care about others more then myself. I’m glad I got yall to talk to. Sometimes I talk to you guys more then my own family. They don’t need this shit. Just glad to share.
I’m OoL (out of likes)

19 Likes

I haven’t felt the will to live in years, my entire memory to be honest. I’ve been told yes that is depression.

It’s as simple as spending time with people, I don’t know why it’s for the most part only those who suffer that understand. And we don’t have the energy to heal the world. The strong have to take that burden. Not many do, and that’s how people slip through the cracks. How can people suffer for so long and never be heard? That’s why they lose hope, because a “how are you” here and there is easy but not quite enough.

It’s like our homelessness problems. If people just took more time focusing on those in their towns, their neighbors, rather than celebrities and politicians (what’s the difference?)

I don’t like airing shit, you know, but OG bring that fight out. Nowhere else do I find so many likeminded people.

18 Likes

Yep that’s depression. When your sad all the time and that becomes the norm it’s hard to sometimes know what the hell is going on. Your feeling normal but it’s not normal at all. Hell when covid hit and we had to isolate and people complained about having to do it that’s what made me see something is really wrong with me. I do that shit for fun.

15 Likes

I got some likes for you Bro. Hit me up anytime you need a lift.
Always remember you got lots of friends looking out for each other.

7 Likes

One part of you feels insulted, the other part feels like their a bunch of pussies.

But hey, whatever. If they wanted to help they would, and if they change their mind they’ll let me know. Save my energy for those who need it.

7 Likes

Thanks @Chieftain @ChemicalDependant @toastyjakes @Slick1 @Trowertripper @corgitron @Panamajock @Herbie @SquirtleSquad @Qtip @Deadinside88 @SerialSquishy @other_barry @Hydro-420 @anon93244739 @Foreigner
If it wasn’t for Overgrow I wouldn’t talk to another person for days. It was getting to the point I wouldn’t even post. It would be an effort just to top off my WC buckets. I wouldn’t even see it happening. It just dose. I would go out cop drugs to have a day of some kind of normalcy but that’s not what normal people do at all.

17 Likes

@LilJonB I lost my mom last August and had to put dad in a home with advanced Parkinson’s shortly after. I too know the weight that can press down. My thoughts are with all my OG fam who struggle with depression and mental health issues. Hit me up if anyone wants to chat, there is always someone who wants to know you are ok.

15 Likes

Careful with that standard, it’s good to control bad behavior though. But remember even doctors go to other doctors. You can’t see yourself through that kind of shit. A good friend will tell you what they think you should do, pusher man is only going to tell you what you want to hear.

14 Likes

Oh yeah, I think everybody suffered a dose of depression this last year. Crap, can you imaging hunkering down with no work and no idea how this shakes out? Everybody is twitching. And like lots of you I’ve had life long anxiety/ADHD, and then depression from a bad accident I was involved in. Funny thing is you almost don’t realize you’re there and then you look back through the years and think, yeah, I was a fucking mess.

I think you’d be surprised at how many of your friends and neighbors suffer as well. This last year mad it tectonic for some. After all, half of the world is back to embracing hate and discrimination. It is depressing to me.

We’re all here. I’m glad to see so many guys talking, but that’s the spirit here; Doing things for others is really healing and is contagious, too. I lost everything before I moved here, but I decided to stop worrying about myself so much and start looking at ways to help others. That made a huge difference but this last year got to me by middle of winter. Luckily the weather is helping, but doubt the damage will fade overnight.

We are actually the lucky ones, because we’re using the time to connect with others, and treating each other like you like to be treated. Who would’ve known. :sunglasses:

peace

14 Likes

This is the key I think, to be of service to others and why this site checks so many categories for us.

15 Likes
5 Likes

Signed up just to respond to your post, Lol.

My diagnosis is different, Major depression, Complex PTSD at least according to the VA. I believe that I’m BP2 also but psychiatrist says no.

Any whoo, yes a lifetime of extreme anxiety(Insane levels of irritability) coupled with periods of soul crushing depression.

I’m pretty heavily medicated, 600mg Seroquel and 60mg Buspar. Both have been an enormous help and I now get a couple of days a week where I feel 80% to 100%. The rest is a challenge.

Weed has been another tool to help at the end of the day, finally able to shut this crazy head of mine down, much better than the benzos that the VA will not prescribe any longer.

24 Likes

Oh wow! “Signed up just to respond to your post” <— makes me teary in a positive way. Welcome to OG and as you can tell this is as safe as an place can be when it’s up to the individuals in play to play well. And we play very well here!

There’s an introduction thread here to say your greetings on a global scale:

I can’t express how much the sweet leaf has helped me through all of this; even before I knew what was going on.

I was introduced to it by a friend that just stopped because he was getting into politics and I then found out how well it helped me focus (smoking). So, I smoked through college and graduated with honors, started career before graduation and been a chimney the entire time. It’s about knowing your limits and working within them. I knew some Russian friends back in the day that we only functional when minimally drunk… but they have other traumas that made them that way but they are still working and functional family folk. (I don’t even drink).

I would be medicated as well if I didn’t end up smoking so much; and for that I feel blessed because I’ve been there for friends as they travel that roller-coaster. :frowning_face:

Much love and looking forward to seeing your adventures here!

10 Likes

I was going to quote that first paragraph myself Pigeonman, it describes me better than I can write myself.

I’m 51 now and sober 3 years on meds and cannabis.

Thank you everybody for the thread it’s been inspiring to read and relate.
Thank you all

“I found out at 35 I’m Bi-Polar II and my overall feeling in general is that of complete anxiety. Most don’t notice as I’m so outgoing when in person; but that’s what a good combination of ADHD/OCD and focused Bi-Polar trauma response. I’m also highly sensitive but wrote it off as “something is just wrong with me”.”

8 Likes