Any original OG members back?

Lots of new members, congrats to everyone for choosing overgrow as your home, we welcome you with open arms…

@THTony88 @haidier @templeball @DrkestStar

8 Likes

Hello @DrkestStar. Growing gets addicting doesn’t it. :grin:

4 Likes

Indeed ! I have a few “other” hibbies…but growing is amazing…nothing like fresh THC !
peace my friend…

6 Likes

I was on Overgrow before the takedown. Maliboo’s C-13 thread was just the kick in the ass inspiration I needed to get started seriously growing.

4 Likes

Welcome back @Dislexus! You should recognize a few people around here.

3 Likes

@ryasco I already recognized @Uncle_Al’s homemade reflectors lol. Warm fuzzies all over, here. My favorite thing about Overgrow was the organization of information. The forum tree didn’t sprawl too much so kept interaction and accessibility up, and when people made a great how-to or why-so or DIY or side-by-side experiment thread it was canonized. All of that encouraged users to make the effort of quality contributions.

That was the lightning in a bottle.

That the drama was allowed to continue in the Shark Tank without disrupting the rest of the forums was another part of the formula. Drama is awesome and fun as long as it doesn’t interfere. My only suggestion in that department is to invite Yummybud and also a grower who goes by Crush, for entertainment value.

My only criticism so far of this new version is these baby-steps badges like “wow you made your first edit!” Kinda silly and patronizing. Other than that its like google gave up on googleplus and decided to make it a cannabis site instead. The interface is clean and fast, hopefully it scales well.

9 Likes

Someone said my name?!! Wow recognition! I have to agree about the badges and trophies that are found on forums these days I liked the old karma system, but the kids these days have such a short attention span. Anyway welcome back to the club,pull up a chair take off your shoes and relax.

7 Likes

I joined OG back in late 2000. Built my growroom in 2001…Bought some seeds from Gypsy Nirvana. As I was awaiting delivery of my seeds, on September 11th, 2001, Osama Bin Ladens’ buddies flew some planes into the World Trade Center…and the world was changed FOREVER. I worried & fretted for days! The government was talking about zapping all incoming mail to the USA with radiation!! Needless to say, my seeds arrived a week or two later, and my first harvest was right before Christmas!! I was BLOWN AWAY!! OVERGROW had taught me SOOOO much!! My son was 20 years old and he helped me with my first harvest. when we were done cutting down all nine plants, we scraped our fingers and got a nice ball of finger hash for our efforts! I remember we both cried when we had our first hits!!!

I met some of the nicest people on OVERGROW! Many of them are still friends to this day!!

I’m REALLY glad to be back!

-Trichomer

12 Likes

Wow great story! Welcome back to OverGrow.

3 Likes

Ex name DAGGAMAN from Afrikaans cannabis dagga. I was a part of the whole thing only following the whole shebang but I’m in the European union so I never cared about police but wow I read, dea raid Canada cOpy server forum Argument and cocaine found ?bust in Canada by dea from USA? Beats me but I feel home Really I missed this so much I spent hours lurking get and a few grow logs.home now. Can delete the dumb account at grass city what was I thinking.MEMBER FROM 2YEARS BEFORE BUST min I was young now I’m aeropoponics with leds I have gone from growing to understanding the whole breeders Bible by Greg green? Seriously I am a medical student on a break for Ever? Lol idcare so I can breed theoretically and just made my first cross early skunk sensi female non auto x reg Holland s hope WL I CALL IT GERMAN HOPE HAHA so I grew In a xs tent grow pro and overkill watts of power 1600? For 2 m2? Oh that’s equivalent watts actually like 2x 125 1 x 439 watts lol was too much yeah he. Always learning! I’m not a wise ass ps that was. I remember UK growers thread and some peeps keep the names privé tho, but I lived UK then now Germany. good to be BACK HOME OGS

4 Likes

Yeah I was like refresh. Again. And so on Google… Oh wtf… Then the guy who was a part of the group was in a thread just talking to anyone weird day b4 sum guy talks shit boutique weed is so unhealthy next day ahhhhh it’s gone for Ever. I saw many a imitation was disappointed with many forums who remembers the guy who thought he was an Alien? So funny but he was like the accepted weirdo with clever but odd ideas love to who gave us og back

5 Likes

Glad you found us again! Welcome.

4 Likes

Hello

Oldpink here
nice to see some old names
I can verify who I am quite easily if req

OP

15 Likes

Hello @oldpink! How are you? Welcome to OG2.0! It is an honour to have you here.

Hi @Trichomer! Thanks for sharing your story! It’s incredible 16 since WTC attack.

5 Likes

I have the old Logo’s from years ago if there any use

18 Likes

Hello @oldpink! Welcome back.

4 Likes

My old handle was Died Evil (I haven’t used that name since the loss of OG)

Hey everyone :smile:…I was part of the old overgrow for a couple years before it went down. I was a very young inexperienced grower that learn so much form the community that I became one of the best in my area.

I left the internet growing forums after OGs disappearance andI stopped growing. But I shared my knowledge and experience with many people in my community and seen and influenced many grows from seeding to smoke.

Its good to be back and honored to help rebuild this great community!

Overgrow the World!

-Roux

10 Likes

Welcome @Roux! Thanks for spreading knowledge.

3 Likes

Hello Oldpink,

welcome, nice to see see you here, back on overgrow…

(remember me?)

Ke

8 Likes

yes I remember you Knospe good to see your still around the scene

6 Likes