Any original OG members back?

My sympathies @Tokermom. I’ve been feeling sorry for myself because my (30yo) son, the only person in the world I care about, is moving 2000 miles away. When I read your post, I started feeling like a selfish ass. My boy is only moving away, not passing away.

6 Likes

I actually thought the federal government was going to make pot legal in my lifetime. That is until the PussyGrabber-In-Chief’s Keebler elf said he was going to make sure the law cracks down on marijuana growers and users because “Good people don’t smoke marijuana”. I know states are still moving that way. In fact Vermont just made pot legal without needing the public rally together to get it. But, this could all be legally stopped. States are barred from making federal laws LESS strict constitutionally. It hasn’t been resorted to yet but could be. The only way to stop that from succeeding would be to pass an amendment to allow it and where are you going to find enough republican votes to pass that amendment.

I now just hope it will be legal in my son’s lifetime…

1 Like

Hey Cobra50,
Yes, it’s not easy to let them go so far away. As parents, we know the dangers they face. We just trust that we have given them enough lessons to get through this crazy life. Since the age of 15, my son struggled with being bipolar. He was my “Shining Star” here on earth & now, I look up to the heavens to see him.
Every day that we have with each other is a gift.
Welcome Back to Overgrow!!

10 Likes

I have been both fortunate and unfortunate to have had my son living with me all his life. He had tried moving out a couple of times when he was around 20 but they didn’t last more than a few months each. Both were the same year. He couldn’t actually afford it, but a lot of people were splitting the rent both times.

He started saving money to move the year before the recession to be able to move out right. He worked for the village Roads Dept. all day M-F and worked evenings at a gas station he’d been at for a few years. Weekends he worked at Home Depot. By Christmas that year, he was unemployed. Then the recession hit close on the heels of Hurricane Katrina.

It took him nearly a year to find a job. Long before that he was broke again.

I have been very fortunate to have had him living with me for his 1st 30 years and now I’m just shy of 64 and he is moving 2000 miles away for what is probably the last 10 years of my life. So I am also unfortunate to have had him living in my house all this time because I don’t get to have him even in driving distance anymore after June.

I guess I am going to have to learn how to make my grow take care of its own watering for about a week at a time, my dog and I can drive there for visits.

Thanks, welcome back yourself. According to the system when it gave me my Old School badge, there are 198 of us that found our way back here.

5 Likes

I think they were the same peaplo I used to called they Nazigrowers (the denomination sound to ya, @BogSeeds?)… They used to laught at me n treated me like an ignorant liar (“its imposible ya had more than a kilo of these 1’80 pure Sativa plant, little boy”, or “its impossible to grow with 47°C as ya said”… bla, bla, bla)) or becouse I said I needed/used my 50 litres “plastic bags used to the olives crop"when I have to pick my plants”… In these times werent movils whith camera & internet so I never could be able of silence their mouths with pics…

8 Likes

Yeah, that sounds like them. I could never be sure if it was just one person with a bunch of logins or a bunch of aholes trying to screw up our happy lives here. I jumped in on Osama Bin Laden a couple of times with his angry tirades on BOG (I could never understand that. BOG was a nice guy ready to share all he could), and got flamed many times for my trouble. At that time, OG stopped feeling like a good place with nice people.

It occurred to me back then that they may have been federal drug agents trying to mess with us any way they could. They contributed MUCH to my paranoia level. SO GLAD to see OG back to a close knit community. It took me quite a while to get comfortable this time. maybe a year or so before I posted for the first time. I spent a lot of time trying to discern if the flamers were gone or just quiet. I came to the conclusion that there none here anymore.

So glad to see OG is back without the riff-raff. Lotta good folks talking about the thing that interests them most in life. Not like we could walk down the street conversing about growing weed, at least not in my state,

Cheers to all. :vulcan:

3 Likes

@BogSeeds! Welcome!! I remember those shots. Always holding up a plant full of the short bushy one (Boggle Gum?) Never saw your face. When I joined in tail-end 2001, You had had some legal crap you were working through. Good to see you can ply your craft in the open now! I learned a lot from you and another guy named Weasel. Happy homecoming!

4 Likes

Wow, i just recently came out of the closet (went legal), and im shocked to see OG back and running! I went back underground in 2004, heard through the grapevine about the '06 mess… So awesome to see this site back up.
I registered originally like back in 2001 or early 02? also cannabis world and cannabis.com. I first on Canna dot com (2000), and mainly stuck around there… but i did answer a few questions now and agian on OG. I never really got into OG though; i guess b/c it was sorta wild when i was introduced it…at that time, it was all about seed auctions and everyone was a breeder… granted, some badass genes were swapped and some greats (people and strains) did emerge, but at the time, coming from quiet canna dot com, it appeared to be chaotic over at OG. I think part of it was also that i was spending too much time w/ the dutch and i think thier attitudes rubbed off on me… As an outlet and platform, OG did the international community such a great service… OG, CW and Cannabis dot com gave us all platform to connect. For the first time ever, growers had a safe place to show off thier stuff, talk to each other and exchange information. For better or for worse, you gotta admit that weed would not be what it is today, if home growers from around the world didnt get together and collaborate online at the turn of the century. Its fucking rad to see this site back online!

11 Likes

This is the truth for sure.

Glad you are also back.

Set up a thread, show us what you are up to.

1 Like

we’re getting things back up and running… been in the lab working on new stuff since like 2014, expected to have stock out for planting season 2019. the last time i moved stocked was in 04, and i think vendors stilll had some stuff for a year after… so im real excited its been a long time coming… . We got some surprises in store, dude. we still putting shit together, but i want to PM you some pix, since you all asking and shit. How do i send a private message? . i click yur profile but it doesnt show send messgae or anything… Send me a blank PM and ill reply to that

4 Likes

Hi @deep_rob. Glad you found your way back to OG. Post to a thread not to a PM. We all want to know what you’re up too. Sounds like you’ve got some good stuff and knowledge to share.

2 Likes

@Kalgrae

I’ll second that motion. :smiley:

@deep_rob

When you are at a person’s profile, there should be a rectangular button in the upper right hand side that says message. That said, as you can tell from my response to Kalgrae, I think you a thread with your stuff. Everybody here appreciates pictures of another person’s achievements. :thumbsup::vulcan:

Edit: misspelled Kalgrae’s name.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Deep-rob and his creations

see my reply… its so totally rad to have this much enthusiasm, this early on! I appreciate the interest, it means a lot to me, so thank you man! You guys rock!

1 Like

@deep_rob

It’s guys like you that keep everybody’s enthusiasm. We see the kind of work you do and think,“with enough effort, and help from people like this, that could be my next grow”. :heart_eyes:

Do you have any high indica strains?

Keep up the awesome breeding!! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Hey Now…
You know, it’s good to see part of the old community back together, but this just feels weird…lol. I am using my original name, for old times sake. I am a growFAQ contributor as well.

10 Likes

Wb @ParanoidPete
:peace_symbol:
Ds

@deep_rob
I see in your post you (went legal) and have a Colorado flag on your profile. Are you a licensed grower? where you located? I’m up in Nederland

Dman still around and kicking.

17 Likes

howdy Dman. I hope all’s well.

3 Likes