Any original OG members back?

True story, i ran into @Chaman at the 710Cup this last sunday and it’s true, he literally had goosebumps on his arms, when i told him OG was back up and running!

Welcome back Chaman!

10 Likes

Welcome back @Chaman!

3 Likes

What’s up @ @Chaman

'And Welkom

2 Likes

I’m still alive and kickin

3 Likes

What’s going on buddy? Still got that Great Dane? Was it Tabitha?

I run through the streets of Orlando one night with a guy named Irish. Been to any piano bars lately?, lol

1 Like

great to see you t2, think about you often. hope your doing well. damn you have a great memory. yes her name WAS tabitha.

lots happened to me since we last chatted. a bust in 2011 ‘shook me to my very core’ snicker. 180 plants. was looking at 20+ years. cost me 28000 to stay free

weve lost a bunch of the old mirc group. stp wd skoosh all gone. i still keep in touch with ot1 at uk420.com. he is doing poorly. i put tabitha down in 2014. she was 14.

howve you been? if your on facebook im peter round heh. i was pi but they closed that account. there is an OverGrow Reunion page on fb. with a lot of old faces. hit me up on fb and ill get you in.

6 Likes

I am that very same. Still think of your creative bean cases and maybe a little too often tell folks about how black frosting cupcakes can give you the scare of a lifetime.

Hope you’re well and still working your magic.

1 Like

Sorry about the pup, Pi. Sorry/glad to hear of your adventure. Be safe. :heart:

1 Like

so your here too eh great to see you too. we are waiting on you an t2 at the overgrow reunion on face book if your open to that sort of thing.

life is hard for everybody these days. thanks for the kind words on tabitha.

1 Like

Hey pi, it wont let me send a message on fb. Sorry to hear about you getting popped and losing your dog,that sucks. I lost one last week I’d had for 13 years. I actually quit smoking for a few years there. My stepdaughter got on the meth and I had to legally foster my grandson so I had the state in my business. But he’s grown now and off to basic training so all bets are off, lol. I was glad to see some old names still around. I looked in at the UK site awhile back and seen ot1 still around, has got to be getting up there. I kinda figured WD would be gone by now but StonPony wasn’t that old. I’ve had some operations the last few years, 5 knee surgeries(had to spend 6 weeks in nursing home without any knee due to an infected implant), kidney stone surgery, fistulotomy and about a year n a half ago I left 80% of my stomach in Tijuana. Well ttyl, take care bro

3 Likes

I’d forgot about the cupcakes, lol. Glad your still around!

1 Like

This sounds like a good story. :grin:

4 Likes

In a nutshell, the food coloring dye in the black frosting turned everyone’s poop a super odd color. Yay, science!

3 Likes

Greetings! I spent many hours on the original OG, poring over the vast amount of knowledge folks had to offer here. Like the Thompson quote in the OP describes, the original OG was an amazing community/movement to be a part of. Even if, for me, that meant being primarily a lurker absorbing knowledge from my very talented peers.

I was deeply saddened when I saw the take-down notice for OG as well as the other cannabis related sites that were casualties of the Bush administration’s attack on canna-business during that same time period. Other sites sprung up to attempt to fill the gap but none really ever replaced OG for me.

My state recently went medical and, on a hunch, I wondered if someone might have resurrected this site after all these years. I was pleasantly surprised to find it up and running again. All that being said, I am glad OG is back and even happier to be a part of this amazing community once again.

Cheers.

11 Likes

wb guys… nice to see more old cats finding their way “home”…
Ds

5 Likes

it was an exciting time, the early 2000’s, California’s medical scene was exploding, US states were passing medical referendums, European ones decriminalizing, and then came the Marc Emery “Summer of Legalization”. At the time it looked like Canada was going to legalize.

The cannabis community seems to have the ability to outlast our enemies and be resilient. They shut down OG, they locked up Marc Emery but guess what. He’s out of jail, OG is back up again, Canada is semi-legalizing. Looks like Oklahoma could be next!

11 Likes

Wonderful to be back! It came as quite the surprise to actually see my beloved overgrow had been resurrected. I would try the address from time to time at moments of extreme boredom never really expecting any results.This is sad to say but I was honestly broken hearted when the original went down. I spent a tremendous amount of time there, and despite that I can’t remember my old name to save my life. Can’t blame it on the herb either as I had a shit memory before smoke ever touched my lungs.

Anyway, glad as hell to be back and to see mostly nothing but positivity across the board. I do get a good laugh out of a well executed smart ass retort from time to time though. At first I was a little disappointed to not see as much activity as before, especially in the smoker’s lounge that served as my favorite cure to boredom. However, this quickly disapated when I saw how the concept of community is truly embraced. A quick glance at a few forums with a little more activity drove home that, as before, this is my home and all the action in the world can’t make up for the good vibes provided here.

Honey, I’m home!!!

10 Likes

All right @Menace2sobriety

Were glad you are home too.

Start up a thread, make some new friends, find some old friends and show us what you got.

99%

4 Likes

Thanks a lot! Will do. Can’t wait to see what all is being accomplished with LEDs these days.

4 Likes