Any original OG members back?

Howdy everyone. OG was the first forum I joined when I first started researching growing back in 2004-2005. Ended up also joining icmag before the shutdown and was over there until around 2012. Took a break from forums. Had some kids. Been doing outdoor grows when I can, but now that my states legal to grow im hopping back on the saddle.
Nice to be back :v:

5 Likes

Once a troll, always a troll it seems. In the old days I’d say “bring it on”.

At the ripe old age of 73… all I can say is “life’s too short” to waste my time.

Peace on ya,
Uncle Ben

4 Likes

Back in the day it was more of a resource for me, than a community board… it helped me so much. its how i was able to have a successful first grow. Met some great people that helped me along the way. ph, joolz, H3ad, and others… im looking forward to doing a diary again soon.

5 Likes

Trip here! Been a long while!

9 Likes

Wow! This is great! Learned to grow on OG. Good to be back. It’s gonna be hard to live up to the name but I’d like to see it happen!
All the best from HCA

5 Likes

Yea, I was on OG back then. BOG turned me into a great grower. I still use his soil mix:

1 bag Sam’s Choice potting soil
1 bag perlite
1 bag vermiculite
i cup bone meal
i cup bone meal

I went from growing s eed into a plant that died befoire long, into someone that grew the best tasting, smokingm, and high weed people smoking for 30 years or more have had. It was supreme.

I wa growing indoors. It was illegal back then. Now it’s legal in my state.

Hey goods to see someone from back then.

6 Likes

I’m a new member, but also an old member that new thought I’d see the day og was back but it’s amazing, I was just a high-school kid then anf just amazed at what people were doing in the growing world back then and longed for the day I’d be able to have a setup. The times now and I’m honored to be back. Wish I would’ve bought some of BOG’s beans when I had the chance but thankful people are reproducing and preserving the genetics. Out of all the amazing growers on here back then he stood out in my mind. RIP BushyOldGrower! I not sure but I believe my screen name back then was TheDutchMaster w/ possibly a 420 tacked on the end… good times

4 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m so stoked to see OG back! I remember the days of the original forums. I learned so so much and the chat room was always a blast. I just read that BOG passed. I had no idea. Will definitely say a prayer for that dude. Anyhow, I’m back too! Not near as well known as most of the folks here but I remember chatting with and learning from all of you!

8 Likes

Original member here also, got my old username even. So bummed my threads are gone forever, I have a copy but the images are so small. I am going to try a resurrect my old Giant Bubblers thread, it will be worth the effort. Welcome back everyone!

9 Likes

Welcome back Cowboy_Grower, LJ and crew have made a nice place, from the ashes of OG.

4 Likes

Threads are all gone but ICMAG (I think it was icmag) has some of the old OG grow reports. Even found a couple of mine, talk about blast from the past!

3 Likes

Original OG member - old screen name: rndmprsn circa 2004-2006

9 Likes

I feel like there used to be an archive over on icmag. Don’t quote me on that though lol

2 Likes

I know a lot of the old grow reports were there for a while. Not sure if they still are.

2 Likes

I was “Hazebro” back in the day at OG.

4 Likes

Rip brother. Found out you passed yesterday. It was stonefarmextracts. That’s who this was. @Stoney917

6 Likes

Former OG, HS, CW user here. There till RCMP shutdown RC… I’m old. :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

I’ve been wondering who would come along from the old stomping grounds. I think it’s even BETTER since those days :grin: Welcome, did you go by another handle ? Even though I don’t recognize it, I’m old and burnt to recall most, except the well knowns…

2 Likes

I was on overgrow from 2001 or 2002 until around 2004 or 2005 when it got shut down. My old handle was Ghaleon. I used Gypsys site for a while (had issue number 1 and 2 of international cantagrapic) came with a dvd, Does anyone remember Kif from the rif? or the trip they took to jamacia? They made bubble hash and watching it made me buy a set of bubble bags. Bought a few of his stash boxes. In fact I still have a picture of one I got Aaron Lewis of Staind autograph. I ended uep in prison from 2008 to the end of May in 2023. So I’ve lost everything,but I’ve never been more happy (prison makes ya appreciate life more. I still have that photo of the stash box. It’s legal to grow now in Virginia (uo to 4 plants) and I plan to start soon. I was telling my nephew about overgrow and he went online and said I’m looking at it now. So I found the new overgrow and I’m so glad to be here. Can’t wait to start making new friends :grinning:

8 Likes

I live in Virginia. Respect acab. 15 years is a long time. The old site was a lot better. The legal grows have taken over and the site does nothing for people in prohibition. I’m happy to put that behind but feel bad for my neighbors in nc. Avoid the popups they have been getting busted. Hopefully we’ll have stores soon. I’m a terrible grower not growing now. It’s hard and expensive.

3 Likes