Any original OG members back?

Thanks!

Yeah I was pretty popular with my friends after growing that sour D… lol

I remember when things went south for rezdog. Lots of drama. That was the only strain of his I ever grew as far as I remember.

3 Likes

It’s nice to be back!

2 Likes

rezdog is still a narc and we’ve all seen the paperwork to prove it.
sweet legacy.
rat.

2 Likes

At first I thought the page being seized by the Mounties was a joke, sadly it wasn’t :frowning: anyway glad to be back to one of the best recourses in cannabis culture. Cheers to my cannabis family and happy holidays. Thanks for teaching me how to become self sufficient and connecting me to a whole community of like minded people.

6 Likes

I’m a lucky one, because I started growing JUST before OG got seized. I’d been bouncing around between OG and HempCultivation for a few months when I saw the news. We all spent weeks of our lives trying to get the OG grow bible back. That was a crazy time!!! Bush really hated us huh? Sent agents into Canada to extradite Marc Emery, and we all were ASTONISHED that no one said anything about it!! After a few more months, Breedbay opened up and I never looked for another site until last year when I found the IG canna community. But man…the dark ages are over now, huh? I haven’t been here in forever because we’re all out in the open on IG now, even in less than legal places. Times have really changed :blush:

Much love guys!!

4 Likes

The OG Forum was my favorite source of information about growing and breeding 20 years ago when i started growing… it was awesome for a young grower to be able talk to oldschool growers with 20-30 years of experience and learn from them so i never wasted my time and resources! Hope everyone’s well and wish you a Merry Christmas :christmas_tree: currently in Vietnam and here’s already 8AM 25Dec :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Some Topics I recall about the old OG:

DWC was the latest and greatest.
MH for Veg
HPS for Flower
Ballasts got hot

Big CFL was a goto for low cost seedling/maybe even veg

DIY was the name of the game

I made DIY:
Cooltube system
DWC Bucket system (had to put screen over any connections cuz the roots would grow everywhere)
Ventilation system
Panda plastic and a zipper = Grow room
Custom bent light hood with reflective white spray paint
(custom angles for best reflection and coverage)
DIY carbon filter

Still have 100 light sockets in the closet…What was I thinking?

Good times!

Merry Christmas!
John

10 Likes

The 125w 6400k was best CFL’s for seedlings and vegetation as long as you had enough bulbs to keep them as close as possible to the plant :sunglasses:

4 Likes

like this? i learned a lot on the old og and set up a lot of grows over the years.

2 Likes

Lol. Brings back memories right there. Thanks!

My light hood and carbon scrubber were better though.
Now I have to climb into the attic…I’m almost sure they are both still there.
That’s another thing about DIY OGer’s - pack rats to a fault. OK maybe just me :wink:
Appreciate you sharing. Brings back warm thoughts of the past.
I did use that same container for a huge Mom I had.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks!
John

5 Likes

nah, it’s not just you. i had a bucket of tile scraps i just couldn’t get rid of and carried around for almost 10 years until i finally used them to make a mosaic on a bathroom sink once. how on earth could i get rid of anything after that? you’ll like this website. it’s better than it was before.

1 Like

I copied (badly) the New Ganja Boy Stealth box, 70 mh, 150 hps, gutted security lights from a DYI. Dumpster dived for the 3 big electrical motor boxes, on a construction site.
Grew many cycles, and changed it so many times. But like a mad deranged thiong, would pump out the OZ’s, 3-4, once or twice 6 oz’s.
DSCF0132
Then I found painter trap walls, $7.00 for 12" hung on shower rings, bare bulb, 400’s, 600’s, 1K’s, aIl of them made from maintenance kits, so yeah, know cheap cropping…ONLY due to finding OVERGROW in late 1999!! I love this place.
DSCF0189
All the best!!

10 Likes

Early 2000s era member back in here baby :joy:

DIY all the things all the time, and was a big fan of subcool seeds back in the day. Grafting was always a big point of fascination for me too. Currently keeping a nice original zkittles mother with some pure Michigan and emerald fire branches grafted in, and of course we are working on more seeds to add something to the ‘ultra mom’ down the road.

Looking forward to geeking out in here once again 🫡

5 Likes

Welcome back @mighty_nugs ! I believe there is a Vortex repro and some Blueberry stuff around.

2 Likes

Old member from across the Pond, like the rest I repurposed streetlights and grew my first crop of weed, since when I’ve never looked back

2 Likes

This just came thru my door to the person who sent it your generosity is wow overwhelming ! Thank you very much and how appropriate it comes new years eve ! Happy new years to all OGers this year we can Over Grow the World !!!
I have to say it’s a great pleasure to talk to such a great group of people and I don’t think there’s another group that’s better than OGers!!!Happy new years all !!!

3 Likes

@mighty_nugs Bro, I remember you!!! We had MANY conversations on breedbay!!

2 Likes

Breedbay was my jam back then :+1:

2 Likes

I was a member in 2003. I don’t remember my username lol

Now that growing is legal in Ohio, I’m back at it!

4 Likes

Welcome back @Saaah_Dude!

2 Likes