Anybody ever notice strains that help with anger?

I tried searching on here but didn’t find anything besides a thread about strains that cause anger. Now I’m an idiot a lot of times, but with the fact that weeds legal here now shit has changed. Even if someone gets disrespectful or steals somethin and you beat the shit out of em, people just tell and aren’t scared to tell. And cameras are everywhere so times have legit changed. I’ve noticed some strains have completely made me forget about stuff and laugh or specifically some strains have legit made me feel like wow I’m such an idiot why would I let that get me so angry or why would I risk getting in trouble for such a stupid little thing. I don’t remember which strains those were idk what terps to look for does anyone know the direction to look in? Idk what direction to even look in and I’ve smoked too many flavors with my bad memory to even guess the categories to look in.

17 Likes

For example how things can be different the strain I’m smoking now is the Rucker (Gary Payton X spritzer) which is an awesome high, look, terps, and yield, but it doesn’t at all change my anger lol.

4 Likes

Usually when my anger flares up, no amount of weed really helps much. Though I suppose if you’ve got a good THC/CBD ratio, it might be more physically difficult to get up and beat the brakes off of someone. I’d be looking at stoney sleepy indicas for this sort of thing. You don’t need a wild and colorful journey, you need blatant sedation to slow the hyperactive body and panicked mind.

5 Likes

Yea I feel you once it’s flared up I usually refuse the smoke lol I wasn’t sure if the happy sativa was the thing or the chill and think indica so exactly you’re probably right. I feel like the key for me is to get the good smoke in before it’s too late

1 Like

I’ve never grown anything with a good bit of CBD but the 1:1 ratio is something I’ve wanted to look into for my son eventually. He’s autistic and nonverbal and really hits himself hard during certain meltdowns, scared to ever bring something like this up to a doctor until
He’s older

7 Likes

I also heard this mixed therapy with smoking and muscle relaxation. Tense up (not so hard you cramp though) and take a small rip. As you feel the relaxation, start manually unwinding muscles from your toes to your head. Had a friend with PTSD and his therapist gave him that tip. Hope it works, home.

Additional: Nonverbal Autistic huh? I’ve been doing research on Autism for years (Aspergers here), used to ram my face through walls when I was little. Something about feeling a vibration against your brainpan sort of filters out the static a bit. I still do it occasionally when I’m super stressed. Hope things get better for them.

3 Likes

Appreciate it very much

1 Like

Weedison, not a judgemental thing or anything, I personally think I most likely am autistic as well, but, seeing you say you have issues with anger, and your son having an autism diagnosis, could it be possible that you yourself have autism as well and that this is part of why you get angry?

Speaking from my personal experience, I can get very angry, and will have a tendency to blame either those closest to me, or those who are asking things of me that make me angry. But the thing is, usually what makes me angry is not something that should really piss me off as much, though, when I try to figure out why exactly I’m angry, it’s usually because of some or other discrepancy between what I am able to handle or what I need to remain balanced, and what my surroundings, or life, is asking of me or supplying me with or something like that.

Often, it’s the result of me not being all to good at acknowledging my feelings even though I often think I am actually very good at that, strangely enough. Then because I have a hard time to understand or take notice of what it is I feel and why I feel this way, I resort to an inner fight against what it is that is bothering me until I do actually come to understand it, and then I feel like others should have gotten that without me saying anything about it, even though my mind consciously knows that’s not how things work.

That process kinda details to me how I am not very good at putting myself in others’ shoes, or at recognizing that others’ way of viewing life is just as much a valid viewpoint as is mine. I consider myself a very empathic person, but realistically that’s probably half actual empathy and half not realizing I’m not as empathic as I think I am due to me not being very willing to accept or consider anothers’ point of view.

I don’t consider myself to be a high-functioning autist, as I think of that term as kind of a toxic one, but I think a psychiatrist might put me in that category. I don’t agree because I feel like the terms “hard to diagnose” or “excessively masking” would probably be more appropriate than “high-functioning”, since most people carrying around that label don’t really function all that well at all, instead giving that impression in a toxic effort to be viewed as “normal”.

I use weed for anger issues as well, but I don’t think it’s always a healthy choice. I think it can be helpful at times; though I also know it’s better for my mind to exercise becoming calm without the help of weed.

Calming yourself in an angry moment is hardly ever easy, but as with most in life, it can be an exercise that builds strength.

13 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Wonderfully put. :clap:

6 Likes

lemon skunk makes the tears go away for my wife, like flo does, not the hybrids from flo but the original just flo. something like this i would assume would do it. i know that almost any time i’m high i can let things go a lot easier than if i’m not, but maybe that’s just me. i’d look into anything that helps with ptsd, that is what drives most of my anger.

3 Likes

Y’know, seeing a few mental health threads around here has me thinking the same thing. We should develop some medical varieties just to pass around and keep for people that need them. Anger. Physical pain. Autism. Disassociation. Anxiety. Depression has a wide variety already I think, but is absolutely worth noting valuable strains, maybe even keeping seeds.

8 Likes

now that is an idea i can get behind. i’d start it off with my two or three suggestions up top. panama red for pain and ptsd management works for me also.

@shade i also like to quit for a time every so often. the wife an i stop for about three days at a time every six months or so, but not at the same time as we found out once. if we both wish to survive that is…

4 Likes

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart: love CBD buds for calm thoughts. What CBD strains you run/recommend? Ive done a 1:1 “the Church xCBD” a few times (and love it), but always rationalized not growing CBD only since i can get a decent and effective (and relatively cheap) oz mailed to my door any time i want. Rethinking keeping a CBD mom now, esp if its a special breed.

Edit: i see your recommendations in a later post :v:

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that UK cheese absolutely isn’t good for anger.

6 Likes

Just a personnal angle … i hope it will help, if any. I recognize some known problematic in your initial post ^^

First part : What is working for this specific problematic, on me (modulo the second part).

• Bubblegum : this weed make me like “drunk”, so in general my fists are never an option with it.
  • Bubba kush : this weed make me stupid, in a good sense, and “laid back”.
  • Amnesia Haze : with a dozen of idea per minutes, i quickly lost the track of what is itching my nerves.
  • Big Bud : make me super lazy for everything, even to turn bad a situation.
  • Jack Herer : make my brain super busy and focused on first priority things.

Hybrids work, if they are smartly made (for this).

Second part : The more it work for me, the more it’s dangerous.

A sensi star, a skywalker, a trainwreck by example … are working far better than the ones mentionned in up. But when the stash is empty or when i switch weed, the problem is getting worse during a good week. Like … a lot worse, i’ve to manage it in dodging almost all social interactions during this time lol

Fighting was an answer for almost everything during a good part of my youth, the context asked this. But when you do everything you can to change the context, it doesn’t change much your hard-coded instincts.

On the late and with responsibilities stacked, I’ve understood that the weed was just a factor to manage it. And that regulating it was more efficient that being dependent of the type of stash and its volume. Of course, i never smoke heavy narcos and racy hazes when things are hard to manage. It’s like setting a time bomb.

I manage roller coaster times : ON/OFF with weed, the off being planned with very physical activities (being exhausted and barely destroyed physically, is the point) + sand punching ball in one garage.

For my nerves it’s like the alternative current is offering a better ratio and average then a continuous current cut at one point with lower/higher voltage ^^ I’m sure it make sense for the ones facing the same problematic.

Hope it help some to think about it

7 Likes

Good looking out! Had not considered strains from this angle but certainly there is a place for something that helps us deal with a lack of consideration and manners. Then again, maybe not. Have to admit I still boil over pretty easily under some circumstances. :pensive:

1 Like

Blue varieties have always seem to sort of “vibe check” me. More mindful of what I say and do, and how it affects others. More sympathetic/empathetic of my criticisms of others. On the flip side, I think that some varieties and others when not grown and harvested properly can lend to undesirable effects that can cause agitation and uncomfortableness, such unpleasantness seems likely to contribute to the propensity to lash out or what have you. This is an interesting topic, great of you to bring it up! Much love

4 Likes

OG Kush or heavy indicas work for me. Without it I would be in prison. Also interesting hearing about the autism correlation as I have just recently started to believe that I may be on the spectrum after watching the movie “The Accountant”

4 Likes

Rent a hooker. That will definitely help with anger

9 Likes

For 1:1 cannatonic was a classic, it’s the only one I’ve grown but that was from seed ages ago with no testing and I’d guess I didn’t find the proper ratios in the seed, or I just pulled them at the wrong times lol the commercial of it we got was killer though, the kind of stuff that really made you feel centered at peace with the universe.

3 Likes