Anybody ever notice strains that help with anger?

I have grown strains that really anger me but I can’t speak to the anti-anger effects of smoking them.

10 Likes

That could be a good strain suggestion topic. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

LSD

of Barneys Farm :wink:

1 Like

Certain strains definitely make me give zero fucks about stuff that would typically piss me off. I tend to only vape heavy indica though. Right now it’s been a whole lotta TK x LAPK that’s been curing for awhile. Very gassy terps with lemon lime on top. So I guess myrcene and limonene?

3 Likes

It’s very possible the more I learn about it, I just figured my anger was passed down from my wild druggy dad lol. my sons mom truly thinks she’s autistic and with everything we’ve learned I don’t doubt it. I feel like partially i get mad cuz I feel safer mad. Like maybe I’m anxious I don’t wanna fuckin talk to some dude I got an issue with, I get myself angry, go at them aggressively and the anxiety is gone Walla magic……not a good thing tho lol

3 Likes

The last time I went even 16 hours without smoking, I believe was 5 years ago, the day I got arrested for weed. I think about a tolerance break but I can’t truly imagine it :cry: But I don’t have much cbd experience I’ve always wondered like how smoking a fire nug that’s mainly CBD would be

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Lol if only they grew on trees like these other strains

do 3 months on 3 weeks off generally <
I smoke almost exclusively at night and after a month I can’t catch a buzz without making hash oil and mixing it in. I take tolerance breaks for that reason. I started a tolerance break a few months ago and it only lasted one day and I was surprised that it also worked for me. When I lit up the next few days it affected me really well like I had been on a longer break so that’s something to consider.

3 Likes

This book helped me understand anger, and put it out of my life. “The cow in the parking lot”.It’s not long ,but very insightful. GL

2 Likes

For generally good/bright/positive head space you might get ahold of some Kashmir Azad, or more specifically KashAz crosses. In itself it is quite “electric” with a nice body too, but in crosses (whether Indy or Satty leaning) it adds a really beautiful clarifying lightness that cuts through the muck of the modern world and its negative energies.

I have some Kash X Jacalyn that is absolutely fantastic in this department and I’d be happy to send some along. Jacalyn is not super well known, but is, in my experience, the best and most underrated Indica I’ve found - it’s an old IBL from Classic Seeds (RIP), and my stock came originally from @antheis, who I am guessing will back me up in my claims of its general awesomeness.

Let me know, I’m happy to get some in the mail.

6 Likes

I’d like to second that opinion for Azid Kasmir. We also find her to be very mood elevating, for my wife and I. I got mine for one of the Fall Box offerings, from Stiggy I believe. Not every plant was the same, but I did find one, that is really up lifting or up beat head candy.

I’ve only just sampled some of my Jaws Hawaiian Bud.
However as we sampled some the other morning for the first time, about after the 3rd pass of the joint, my wife said, This is different, I feel very happy all of a sudden followed with * I’m usually just so stoned, and thinking, about stuff.* So maybe this aspect of the buds will stay and cure away.
All the best!! webe

7 Likes

I’d say any strain that gets you looking inward and realizing anger is an internal issue and that allowing others (external factors) to cause you anger is giving others control over yourself, instead of you (the individual) being in control of yourself. Why give others that power? It’s super hard to work on, but so is any behavioral modification. It’s extremely worth it though. There are many cheap, even free depending on where you are, therapy options available. Talking with someone who’s educated in the field can be extremely beneficial. Also, marijuana can be a contributing factor to negative issues for certain brain chemistries instead of a helper. “I am activated by internal drive rather than driven by external activity.” Best of luck to anyone dealing with mental or behavioral issues, which is everyone, and working on said issues!

6 Likes

i had my first therapy session ever at 53 the other day and wanted to work on my anger issues. he told me that anger is just an emotion like all the others and there was no need to work on it. what i need to do is control my reaction to the anger. he said i could be mad all day and as long as i don’t act on it nobody cares. there was some other stuff but that was something i hadn’t thought of it seems. maybe i had, who knows.

6 Likes

Sounds like primary vs secondary emotions, helps to separate triggers from behaviors for lots of folks.
Basically you feel anger and then turn that into contempt, etc and when you cut off the link you can form a new one.

3 Likes

Out of what I’ve grown so far I really like the effects of the Nigerian Sunshine from Swami thst @SCJedi has bred hybrids with, it really does bring a cheerful up outlook after smoking it. I’ve also found DJs weirder Blueberry stuff to be very serene and calming, especially Flo and Blue Moonshine, maybe trying the Temple Flo or Blue Tara that are floating around here would be a good one for you

3 Likes

The ole skool Skunk #1 always makes me smile be chill n happy , I’m a bit high strung otherwise

7 Likes

no, i’ve heard of that. this was new to me and when i get it i’ll let ya know. i think learning how to deal with it would take priority over finding a strain that helps, but that is important too so i will also second what @Dirt_Wizard said about flo. i haven’t had temple flo or the others but flo was one of the best i have ever had with lemon skunk doing a pretty good job as well.

2 Likes

Dangggg

Yeah i gotta keep em real flat if i aims to keep em 🪴🚂
Nice pickup! Hope she likes her new home :grin:

1 Like

Orange flavored strains always are happy weed for me. Even if they aren’t super potent. Bodhi’s 88G13HP male crosses so for have all been happy, feel good weed for me as well.

But often the best anger antidote is simply looking at things from a different and maybe even opposite perspective. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt and remember to be grateful for things goes along away in preventing anger in the first place.

2 Likes