Anybody ever notice strains that help with anger?

I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about flo from a lot of growers. I oughta check that one out. I had grown some motown lockdown from JD and the terps and smoke were crazy nice, 2 of the 4 females hermed but I wish I kept a clone of one that didn’t.

1 Like

I do remember the first times I smoked the stinky cheese back in the day was some of the happiest times for me, I oughta get myself into some skunk no.1

Not totally relevant to the question but if you can just defer your anger it’s a serious social advantage.

5 Likes

Yea I bet, my angers fucked up a lot of stuff socially for me, my tempers messed up jobs. Acting nice usually helps in every situation and this is somethin I’ve been focusing on in life for a while now tryna change and taking some steps forsure. But having the right high has definitely helped me sometimes. May not be the cure but it helped me realize quickly in a lot of situations I’m overreacting or just making a situation worse for myself even if I’m acting angry rightfully so. I got paranoia and sometimes I’m too quickly paranoid on people, either thinking they’re gonna rob me or snitch on me, even tho laws have started to changed now and I’m a small grow. and if I use my anger and make others nervous, it makes me feel comfortable. This isn’t right this is somethin I’m tryna change. Been thinking about lots of stuff lately. And I know that my temper or aggressive defensiveness isn’t good, it’s caused so much bs in my life. I wasn’t even thinking about this but for example I live in a small town that’s half Amish people. There is only 1 mechanic close and we had gotten in an accident, this dudes had our car for 6 months and keeps giving excuses while our insurance doesn’t pay for the rental car because the accidents our fault. So we lost every dollar spending on a rental car to get to and from work because we have no other family here and 1 car. And like I said we live in the middle of no where so theres not busses or Ubers. I finally had to lose my temper on this dude cuz it’s messed money and everything up in life this year. And so I make sure he knows that if the car ain’t done within a couple days Imma bust his skull, literally. So then he pees his pants and gets me the car back the next day and this shit feels not right as I drive so I’m bringing it to a mechanic in the city about 40 mins away. I want to break his neck if he screwed me for 6 months and took that money cuz he 100% deserves that if he scammed a family for no reason. It makes my heart race just wanting to fuck him up. But my older brothers been tryna help me stay good and he’s helping me with a rental car right now . And maybe staying calm is the best possible way for this situation to turn out but when shit in life keeps messing up and this dude wants to scam a family, it makes it hard not to let it out and fuck him up. But now I look at my angry words and think, I need to smoke, because I probably would’ve wrote all that with a bit of a calmer tone. And the biggest reason of wanting to change is I have a 4 year old. I think my dads temper and revenge lessons rubbed off on me a little bit. Biggest thing for me wanting to change is for the boy. So he’s never scared and so he doesn’t take after me. There’s forsure great other reasons to change to but that’s my main motivation

7 Likes

it is most relevant, as doing that takes away the need for solving the problem when the problem takes care of itself. also the hardest thing to do, hence the different recommendations. i had forgotten about the orange wifi i got in denver. that shit is great at changing the mood to a good one. but flo is the absolute best.

2 Likes

If Mrs Foreigner get mad at me, and I can keep my cool for 15 seconds longer I can say something like, “oh so we’re going to yell at each other now?” which totally diffuses the situation.

1 Like

Sometimes anger is justified.

2 Likes

i have only one question after reading that. do you put the cart back in the rack for them or leave it snugged up in a place where nobody can run into it?

1 Like

I find it harder to tell when a strain does help me with anger, than when it doesn’t. Sometimes I will feel high but feel that irrational anger seep through without much resistance and its easy to note mentally that it’s not helping.

1 Like

Learning some Jiu jitsu helped me. The physical exhaustion helped immensely.
They got any Amish jiu jitsu schools there?

3 Likes

That’s a good one! One thing I’m grateful for is I’m never tempted to get too fiesty at a woman. If this mechanic was a woman I wouldn’t have sent the threats lol.

i was talking to a buddy on gate guard duty one time when a crowd started gathering and getting angry. they were starting to yell and i was the ranking guy in charge. when they looked like they were about to start throwing shit i called a 'terp over and told him to tell them a joke. he looked at me strange and asked me which one. i told him not to offend anyone and make them laugh. it must’ve been a good one because a few of them lost it right there and everyone just looked at each other and started snickering. then a cpt came over and “took charge”, right before he threw me out because i “looked too intimidating”. never did get credit for that one.

2 Likes

Lol I’m sure they do, they sell baked goods, crops, woodwork, metalwork, I’m sure they got some jiu jitsu lessons

2 Likes

Hell yeah. You can get a table and learn to choke someone 13 different ways

2 Likes

1000% agree with you right there that’s exactly what I’ve been noticing lately. The ones I have been smokin, I’m stoned, but still got little stupid stuff in my head aggravating me. Compared to some other strains that make me feel like wow I was trippin

I always take the cart back lol

1 Like

that’s why you’re worth it then. your heart is in the right place. it’s the only thing that saved me all these years. you got this, and i know it because you’re trying, and asking for help, and trying to be a good example for your son. i knew all that but the shopping cart problem is the kicker. it tells what kind of person you are without fail across cultures. good luck with it and if you ever need to talk, i’m here, along with many others on this site.

2 Likes

Anger is a valid emotion but a little deferral can really get you places.

4 Likes

and it is almost impossible to be angry at folks when you’re laughing.

2 Likes

Man, woman doesn’t matter.

I once had a guy looking for a fight calling me every name in the book.

I said nothing and waited for him to finish then spit on the ground. And continued to say nothing.

Fight averted.

3 Likes