Anyone else hopping back on a BMX or skateboard after years off?

Anything Old or Mid school BMX is going for ridiculous prices now. It was bad but once the pandemic hit people decided they wanted to find/build their old bikes and the market adjusted to the extreme. We’re talking rusted out stuff that needs a ton of resto going for hundreds. It’s unbelievable what stuff goes for now.

1 Like

Last year Id put on a bit of weight with not being able to work properly because of the UK lockdown I figured I’d go pushbike riding and checked eBay looking for one. £1500 FFS :roll_eyes: I needed to loose a different kind of pounds.

2 Likes

When I was growing up we all had Mongoose bmx bikes or Diamondbacks…and It was never complete without PEGS

3 Likes

Skyway was the Porsche of BMX :+1:

1 Like

haa haa i ride a diamondback to work everyday its black with white walls total badass :thinking:

and its got back pegs :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

just saying in the other thread i need a new deck i really miss skating

<<< ratbones logo from the 80s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can guarantee if I jump back on a BMX that I will hurt myself and the bike. :crazy_face:

1 Like

no way give it a go im 45 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

uuuh, yeah…
that is way I want to go. both feet on a board peeling down the open road just not knowing where or when… you’ll run into that rock with your name on it!

regards, :upside_down_face:

Rocks + hill bombing and wet cement equalled a trip to er back in the day for some staples. I really need to get out riding again. Had all summer to have been able to since I was off work for my hand but barely made it out.

It only gets worse the older you get though. If you have any desire to hop back on the sooner the better.

2 Likes

That is true. I’ll have to get another bike someday soon.

1 Like

Haven’t gotten on the board, but got a mountain bike and go almost every day. I’m lucky to live at the bottom of the mountain with all the trails above me. Really addicting.

1 Like