Anyone know where I can get rks

SkunkmanSam said on the most recent Hash Church that Roadkill no longer exists.

3 Likes

It means Iā€™m hoping not to offend anyone that looks up to heime cheeba. I donā€™t know dude from a hole in the wall, Iā€™ve no basis to claim heā€™s being dishonest.

A line that has been only ever inbred, can still change over time into something unrecognizable.

2 Likes

Oh no doubtā€¦ the power of selection coupled with environmental factorsā€¦ yeah. Slippery slope.

@ReikoX is this after he sold a bunch of old seeds to hopeful customers?? Just curious. (Tongue in cheek)

3 Likes

Yes, it was last weekendā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I doubt RKS ever existed in his Skunk line.

4 Likes

Glad I didnā€™t actually pay for the ones I got. But yeah after growing them out there was definitely nothing RKS about them. Most had a funk to them similar to cheese, others sweet but nothing ā€œskunkā€ about them other than name.

1 Like

I doubt the beans he brought over there were even solid skunk lines at all, probably why he needed the it smells to strong I bred it out story to explain the lack of authenticity.

3 Likes

I find hints of legit skunk spray in a few cuts like Deathbubba and one of my skunk 91 f1 had hints of it.

I think one of the issues is that most of the world has never smelled an actual skunk. So any stinky weed is skunky to most people.

2 Likes

The infamous RKS . The most sought after strain ever . Nowadays it is simply a marketing tool . But it most certainly did exist. Glowing neon green buds , with huge calyxs . No colors like purple or reds whatsoever and a killer creeper high.
I started smoking weed in 93 and a friend I grew up withs dad had a basement full . My friend and his sister got picked on for years in school because of how bad they always smelled. My friend became very popular when we hit our teens and he started stealing his dads weed.
We called his old man the scientist because he mixed his own nutes from base salts. Still to this day his grow was one of the most impressive I have ever seen.
We got our hands on a few of his grow journals and what he was growing he referred to as mighty mite #13 . He had brought clones from BC to Nova Scotia in the early 80s and had been growing it for a decade or more at that point.
This stuff was by far the most putrid skunk smelling weed I have ever come across. We got to enjoy it for a number of years before his idiot son decided to entirely rob his dads grow. They moved to Raleigh North Carolina not long after that.
I am of the belief that if this RKS is still around we would all know and it wouldnā€™t be some mystery hunt from a breeder claiming to have it. Now there may still be some old heads with it , but they ainā€™t interested in selling it or giving it away.
Other then that nobody has ever proven they have RKS and I highly doubt anyone ever will.
Sure is some great weed folklore though.

7 Likes

from what I hear an Afghani is probably in it, I wonder what might be some of the more likely combos I talk to older smokers about what they smoked as kids they always mention super smelly weed that smelled like a dead ā€œskunkā€

Every time I hear about skunk everyone always says they get 1 or 2 parts right but the rest is off, I think as cannabis getā€™s more and more legalized & breeders get to do bigger selections once they can choose between like 100,000 plants I feel like itā€™s only a matter of time until they find the right pheno that has all the right traits or maybe it truly is a legend never to be seen again

3 Likes

@Greenhighlander, I can assure you there was a black as hell, frosty purple pheno that smelled identical to the green sticky icky. I had both in the 1984-86 time frame in So Cal. We simply called both ā€œThe Humboldtā€. Best cannabis Iā€™ve ever had to this day.

3 Likes

The point I was trying to make was that RKS is not just one strain . There were many , many strains with that type of smell . Plus lets all stop acting like we all knew exactly what strains we were smoking back then. For the most part we only knew what the person selling it , bud/clones/seeds , told us it was.
RKS is a terpine profile that has been lost and anyone claiming to be selling seeds of it nowadays is most likely full of shit.
I also second the idea that Afghani played a major role in a lot of RKS smelling strains.

3 Likes

Correct. It was not a single strain, rather an exhibited chemotype that came from primarily Afghani hybrids, or straight Indica type cultivars. Lots of people talk about the golf balls, and Iā€™ve had it like that too. However, the best of it I experienced was the long, fully developed cola buds with no internodal gaps, purple and green respectively.

The Chems, OGs, Cheeses, and others out there exhibit some characteristics, but itā€™s muted. Iā€™ve always said they get part way there, and then fall short. It has been my opinion that these holdovers are the remaining result of when the breeders started toning the real Skunk cultivars down to an acceptable level of loudness. When you look at the timeline of when they appear on the scene in the early to mid 90s, they fit quite well into that theory. They show up essentially right when Skunk disappears. Cannabis didnā€™t go from kick ass Skunk scent to sugar cookies and blueberries overnight. Rather there was an evolutionary change from full expression, to softer versions carrying some, but not all of the powerful scent. Hence, your Chems, OGs, Cheeses, Lemon Skunks, etc.

4 Likes

Get all the stinkiest modern versions, cross them together, then start inbreeding them. The recessive phenos will eventually show up if itā€™s in the genes.

4 Likes

One of the closest modern strains that gets me there is Morotbreath by Pisces Genetics. Thatā€™s Chem D x SFV OG. So yeah, when you see how promising a simple F1 is between types that are close, I donā€™t think it is far fetched to think it could be isolated out of these genetics, if working with large populations.

I still lean towards using other old genetics in conjunction with some of these, rather than just Chems, OGs, and Cheeses themselves. For example, I used a stinker Chemaloa male I made (Chem 4 x Uncirculated Heirloom Jarilla de Sinaloa) over a number of period correct heirlooms, as well as the Ancestral Skunk. I think there will be a lot of promise in some selections from the resulting progeny.

Conversely, I used a pure Afghani mother with that same Sinaloa, as well as Hashplant, and can comfortably say there was nothing remotely close. Those who think you can recreate it from scratch are truly searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack in my opinion. You canā€™t just take Mexican, Columbian, and Afghani and magically get Skunk.

4 Likes

Look for anything close to Afghan tā€¦maple leaf Wilson stuffā€¦thatā€™s the afghani all the stench comes fromā€¦Iā€™m sure if you find the Afghan t if sheā€™s still Alive. There it lays.:v:t5:

4 Likes

Got this email this morning. $350 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You should buy a pack and find that skunk. :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Oh god, another breeder out to make a quick buck off dumbasses searching for something that onky exists in their mind.

PS - skunky weed never went anywhere, thousands of plants reek ā€˜like skunkā€™.

Even fruity mids smell like a skunk to a non toker.

Jeeze

10 Likes

Road Kill Skunk is available on Tx HWY 71 E. after dark.

:cowboy_hat_face::mask::chile:

11 Likes