Anyone tried Ketogenic diet?

Water, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, black coffee and mct oil, vits and minerals, amino acids.

Your gut bacteria go dormant, that’s why further up in the thread, I said, your first meal should be pre and pro biotic, to get the gut up and running quickly.

Fat is lost, the muscle loss is negligible over 6 days, and if you lift weights while fasting you can increase muscle mass quickly, when your body switches over to running on keytones, because it starts producing large amounts of growth hormone, up to 50,000 times the normal amount as well as testosterone.

You are actually repairing your body faster after macrophages clear up dead and dying cells and other junk that causes cell malfunction, your body will not tear down healthy ones in that short span of time, unless it runs out of fat to convert to keytones for fuel.

2 Likes

Have you ever done a straight water only fast? Wouldn’t having calories break the fast?

According to the interwebs, one should be careful in how they start eating again after a prolonged period of fasting to avoid serious complications.

1 Like

Yes I have done a water only fast, it wasn’t voluntary though. I had bad strep throat, and glandular fever at the same time. I was only getting about 8 to 12 ounces of water a day for about 32 days. It took me a week just to start eating solid food.

Depends on why you’re fasting. Technically the calories in mct oil would be a break in a fast, but as it’s basically equivalent to a ketone it doesn’t break the fast and bring you out of ketosis. Same with the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and black coffee, nearly zero calories.

Yes it is important what and how much you consume after a fast. If you start eating sugar and refined carbs, your inflammatory response will be through the roof, and as I said you need to eat pre and pro biotic foods to get your gut bacteria and stomach working properly. The gut lining also reduces its ability to absorb nutrients after 48 hours, so you need smaller meals to start, or you can overload your stomach and you will get dioreah.

So you were doing a ketogenic diet, found out you were diabetic and then changed your diet to something else :thinking:

1 Like

So it’s not a keto thing but how many of you are aware of the health benefits from bee pollen?
More specifically keeping it on topic of weight loss and a more active metabolism?

Here’s a copy and paste from this site
Bee Pollen: The Natural Weight Loss Supplement | World of Honey.

BEE POLLEN: THE NATURAL WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENT
Did you know that Bee Pollen can help with weight loss? It’s true! It is a natural supplement that can help you lose weight in a healthy way. In this blog post, we will discuss how Bee Pollen can help you achieve your weight loss goals. We will also talk about the benefits of pollen and how to incorporate it into your diet. So if you’re looking for a natural way to lose weight, read on!

FOR WEIGHT LOSS
There are many reasons why Bee Pollen can help with weight loss. For starters, it is a natural appetite suppressant. It helps you feel full after eating only a small amount of food. It is also rich in fiber, which helps keep you feeling satisfied for longer periods of time. Additionally, it contains antioxidants and other nutrients that help boost your metabolism and burn fat.

IN YOUR DIET
So how can you incorporate Bee Pollen into your diet? The best way to do this is to add it to your breakfast smoothie or oatmeal. You can also add it to yogurt, cereal, or simply eat it by the spoonful.

CHOOSING BEE POLLEN
When shopping for pollen look for a variety that comes from wildflowers. This will offer the most diverse assortment of pollens. You should see many different colors of pollen granules. This is a good indication that it came from many different floral sources. Also, you want to make sure the pollen is not overly dry. The pollen granules should crumble easily in your mouth and not be hard or chewy. This is a good sign that the pollen is fresh.

If you’re looking for a safe and healthy way to lose weight, Bee Pollen may be the answer! Give it a try and see how it works for you

2 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow 2.0, maryglo!!
Intermittent Fasting has become part of our life. No more food/snacks/ after 9:00 pm, then no face stuffing until 12:00 12:30 next day. I may drink a 4-6 ounce portion of juice, and lots of water, and 4-5 cup of coffee. every day.
The Blue Zone, also helped us define our food intake.
We also decided to reduce our meat, fish, poultry, intake as well.
We do not buy any meats at grocery store, all private farmers, or at the old country butcher shop, a few miles away.
We started repackaging our meat to 140 grams per meal for us. Increasing vegetables, in place of the meat.
Of course walking, or staying active for us moldie oldies anyway, is a must, to increase.
I wish the best for all taking their health into their own hands over food advertisers dictating your food and diet.

3 Likes

Excellent choices supporting local producers. Trying to make that change with everything, but its tough. They really got us reliant on huge multinational corps for everything.

3 Likes

We use our local CSA’s, and farmers markets as much as we can. We grow some stuff also. Live local, buy local.

no havent tried before )

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @mileyy

Well if your planning to start, take time to switch over to low carbs, if you try and do it all at once it can be a little overwhelming trying to find substitute foods.

You are so well informed when it comes to diet and health @Shadey

2 Likes

Cherrs man, I am lucky I have a mind that retains a lot of info, plus I need it to keep myself healthy as much as possible, and its good to share and help others where possible :wink:

2 Likes

First, keeping it low carb is key. Stick to foods like lean meats, fish, veggies, and healthy fats.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @Feistype :+1:

1 Like