Apollo11 x f13xApollo11 Seedrun

i’d say your pollen is fine and wouldn’t throw it away. follow the directions given to you on using that tech - wash it off after a day or whatever it is.
stop cutting with flour though. when you know better, do better. don’t beat yourself up over something you did before you knew it was bad.

5 Likes

Can I ask how you store your pollen? I’m new to all this and also thought that baked flour was the way to go.

2 Likes

looking back at this i can see where i messed up.
next time i’ll dry out pollen with dessicant in a clean and sealed container and sterilize the tyvek envelopes from the post office.

3 Likes

Clean/sterile Tupperware wear and a desiccant packs would work?

Would this do it?

2 Likes

i don’t see why that wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

I did a germ test a month ago and forgot to post the results.
unfortunately they were quite low - 9/23 - and I saw some mold on the seeds. I won’t be sending these to Sebring for an OG seed box, but if anyone following along still wants to try them I’d be happy to send them a pack.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear that
h2o2(hydrogen peroxide) bath might help with the mold issue.

I’ll be dropping some in future

2 Likes

true. I wash all my seeds I sprout in a bleach solution. I think I posted the steps in this thread.
it made me think of the candy rain debacle from cookie fan where everyone was getting poor germination rates. it has to be because they were moldy while the seeds were growing in the flowers.

2 Likes

i got this from icmag:

i didn’t use distilled autoclaved water for the solution or the rinse. i just run them in a mesh sieve under the tap for 5 minutes for the rinse.

5 Likes

I used that exact method once with some of the old Ancestral Skunk seeds. Anymore, I just soak in chlorinated tap water.

5 Likes

your old ancestral skunk thread on icmag is where it is from i do believe.

4 Likes

I would still be interested in giving these a go. Still sounds like a great cross.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind having some of these in my back pocket.

1 Like

I apologize for not being clear.

If anyone wants these low germ rate seeds they need to DM me their info.
simply stating your desire for them on the thread won’t get them in your mailbox.

7 Likes

i have one f2 running that is showing apollo genius dominance.
i topped her a month ago and she’s growing sideways more than up now.

this bed is overrun with roly poly bugs and they are munching all on her lower leaves.

11 Likes

Might want to scope some lower leaves, looks like some thrips damage to me.

3 Likes

I agree. Got that slug trail, stained glass look. I just got my thrips eradicated :crossed_fingers: a few weeks ago. No signs of more yet, but I’m still acting like they’re there. Dumb pests. I tossed a handful of lady bugs in there and they are still hanging around.

Looks like you can even see some thrips on the lower left of the last photo.

4 Likes

oh snap you guys are right. I just thought it was tiny pieces of rice hulls and q residue on the leaves.
Time to get mix up some ipm.

3 Likes

Hate those buggers. Was my first time having them, and at least they aren’t the worst to get rid of.

I’m sure they came from my land. I notice when walking in the understory of our woods, I get bitten by them frequently. Gonna have to be more cautious from now on.

Hope they are gone quickly for you. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Looking good :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like