Artificial Intelligence is Here, and it's a little Scary!

I think it was more rhetorical liberties taken by the author. Quite acceptable in such a conversation. It added a little levity in fact. lol

1 Like

I dont know the exact number but it was postulated by Ray Kurzweil. You would be thinking on human level which isnt what this is. It would exponentially increase on levels that would take generations of entire human thought prior to this time. Here is a wikipedia page which goes into more detail about what I am saying.

1 Like

How does one quantify the intelligence of a human? How intelligent is a human? Is there a maximum limit to human intelligence?

How does 10,000x artificial intelligence measure up to a single real intelligence? Is it on par, or noticably disappointing in the same way as artificial vanilla extract?

2 Likes

Once it reaches the capability of a human brain, it will then exponentially increase said capability. I do not know the limits of that. We are building systems to mimic things we dont fully understand.

2 Likes

You chat with them for 5 minutes.

5 Likes

so a writer and wikipedia. got it.

1 Like

Here’s a more specific history of the idea with more references and things to explore. 10,000 is just what i’ve heard people say but it could also be billions of times.

and it could be bunk. that’s what you get with these theories. all the “hypothetical” and “could be” and “unforeseeable” and crap leads me to just take it as non-threatening. these are the same folks that can’t get facial recognition to work on black folks. it’s gonna be a while before we get into trouble with it, if we ever do.

2 Likes

From the website:

Ask Microsoft: Are you using our personal data to train AI?

We had four lawyers, three privacy experts, and two campaigners look at Microsoft’s new Service Agreement, which will go into effect on 30 September, and none of our experts could tell if Microsoft plans on using your personal data – including audio, video, chat, and attachments from 130 products, including Office, Skype, Teams, and Xbox – to train its AI models.

If nine experts in privacy can’t understand what Microsoft does with your data, what chance does the average person have? That’s why we’re asking Microsoft to say if they’re going to use our personal data to train its AI.

Thank you for signing too!

I don’t think there is any question about Microsoft violating privacy to make money.

5 Likes
1 Like

“This effects millions of essential workers” - Hollywood millionaires aren’t an example of that, even the writers.
“It’s a very serious thing that impacts millions” AI as entire conceptual realm? Yes. The actors and writers strike? No. If they never made a new show or movie, you’d still never live long enough to watch them all. If no one told you there was such a strike, you’d have no idea.
“We are being victimized by an entity of Greed!” - Again, Fran Drescher, Net worth over 25Million$. Impoverished “marginalized” victim.
I’m just not feeling it.

6 Likes

Alexa, I fucked her.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

Art Wars: The Creators Strike Back

4 Likes

Thanks for the link, I found it very interesting indeed.

1 Like