Artisan’s Auto Adventures

After a long void of plant-less pain, it seems there is a light at the end of the tunnel… I have just ordered a tent set up! Amazonians are in the works as we speak getting everything packaged up and shipped out, but I figured I’d start this thread as a place holder until then. So, let’s get it laid out!

Environment:
2x4x5 Vivosun Grow Tent
2- Bloom Plus BP1000 led lights
AC Infinity 4” exhaust fan w/ AC Infinity carbon filter
Taotronics 4L humidifier
2- Lasko 6in fans

Media:
2- 5 gallon fabric pots
40/40/20 mix of Baby Bu’s Biodynamic potting soil blend and Botanicare Cocogro coco coir mixed with Wiggle Worm worm castings
Xtreme Mykos approx 2tsp per pot

Nutrition: Compost Tea
DTE Feather meal
DTE Langbeinite
DTE Seabird Guano
Wiggle Worm worm castings

Genetics:
F.A.M Sugar Black Rose mix em up by @ReikoX

I plan to amend with worm castings, as well as, feed with compost teas at different strengths of NPK depending on the lifecycle. I was also considering starting the plants on 24/0 light cycle then possibly bumping down to 20/4 then 18/6 in their last couple weeks.

Any and all advice welcome! Seed recommendations, tips on auto tricks, and everything in between flies!

Happy Growing, Artisan

image|281x500

9 Likes

Definitely gonna follow this !

1 Like

I’m extra excited, but the wait is the worst part lol

1 Like

I am watching :eye: :eye: your! I brought my own :popcorn: as I like white Cheddar, any one want some?
:seedling: :hibiscus: :sunflower: :blossom: :seedling:

2 Likes

Sounds awesome, love me some white cheddar! Cheers!

1 Like

Heard some great things about those genetics. I’ll be here, keeping the bong warmed up.

1 Like

I’m excited about the diversity for sure, cheers!

1 Like

I’d be careful with the langbeinite. Looks like you already have quite a bit of coco in the mix. Might spike your ec. Langbeinite is very water soluble. So it might be a good idea to start small and work your amounts up as you go through flower. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Hell yeah, thank you! I was on the same kind of thinking and was thinking about grabbing another amendment for some more gentle k! Any suggestions on application rates? Didn’t plan on getting over 2-3tsp per gal of tea or is that even too much?

1 Like

I use langbenite at 1 tsp/gallon maybe once or twice per cycle. I use a mortar and pestle to grind it fine so it dissolves faster.

2 Likes

@ReikoX okay definitely, I was planning on adding it to the tea and letting it brew overnight or so then feeding the next day but I do have a mokajete! I’m going to look into a better source of k for sure you guys confirmed what I was already pondering

2 Likes

I’ll be watching this just got same size tent went with the 6 in. Inline ac infinity and looking at building my own lights. Excited to see what this space will hold for you!

1 Like

Most welcome! Again, just my opinion from my experience - I would skip the langbeinite, and use some protekt @ 1/4tsp per gallon. I don’t like the magnesium in langbeinite, and I do like the silica in the protekt. (if I want magnesium I’ll add magnesium sulfate). If I was making a base soil mix and I needed a little potassium, if I was growing on a larger scale or wanted to save a little money, I would use some sulfate of potash aka potassium sulfate.

Edit: I would also get some kelp meal in there. Some rock dust would be a good idea also.

2 Likes

@PlantShepherd I’m definitely about to change up the hydro store list, good on you man!

1 Like

@PlantShepherd added kelp meal and rock phosphate to list, opinions on alfalfa meal? I’d prefer to stay away from all bottles and keep it strictly amendments I can brew in teas or add to the soil directly

1 Like

Go to a feed store, maybe pet store and they should have alfalfa pellet if staying non liquid.
DuMOR Large Alfalfa Pellets, 50 lb. at Tractor Supply Co.
:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

1 Like

So you have 40% bu’s biodynamic potting soil for a base. Then if I’m understanding you correctly you are going to put 40% coco coir and 20% EWC?

Ok, so I just saw you’re mixing up 2 x 5 gallon fabric pots. depending on how big you are going to grow your plants, I might opt for bigger pots.

You really aren’t going to need very many amendments. Buy a box of kelp, alfalfa, if you can get some basalt or glacial rock dust I would definitely add that. A little calphos aka rock phosphate wouldn’t hurt.

Edit: sorry, I’m really high, it’s late… if you’re adding coco coir, that has a lot of potassium in it already. I would be especially careful with protekt, langbeinite, etc. You may not need any added potassium - at least not till a little later in flower.

2 Likes

@PlantShepherd ahhh ok I see, I am just doing autos so do you think bigger than 5 gallons would be needed? I am primarily a coco grower I suppose but I wanted to try the organics side of things. I was also thinking of possibly mixing all the coco and bu’s blend in a big tub and then adding worm castings to the individual pots

2 Likes

I don’t have much experience with autos, but I’m gonna guess 5 gallons will be just fine. I think you have a really good base so far. I have not seen the consistency of Bu’s potting soil. Adding a little coco would not be a bad idea imo. 40% might be a bit much though. Hard to say without seeing it. I would definitely put it in a tub and mix it all together. If you wanted to just top dress with EWC that would be fine also. Let me know what you find at the grow store. I might be able to help source amendments. You don’t need much. :v:

1 Like

@PlantShepherd hell yeah thank you so much for all your help already, you rock!

1 Like