Aspirin and Plants

Ooh… I’m not sure. Probably the smaller one. It just said… 1 1/2 tablets per 2 gallon foliar

Strike that… the 325 is just standard dose tabs. I’m going with that

1 Like

What dose Asa overdose look like to a plant cause that’s a 4 fold increase

1 Like

Guess I’ll find out. I’m gonna guinea pig my whole garden. lol

1 Like

Maybe spray some weeds with the 325mg dose/gallon?

1 Like

I’m not really worried as I’m pretty sure it’s just a standard aspirin

2 Likes

I have heard of aspirin being used for its antifungal properties in foliar sprays for things like WPM as well as simply putting a couple tablets in your soil when transplanting.

3 Likes

products containing salicylic acid (ie rooting hormones, optik foliar spray, etc.) do not meet omri certification as organic, but they are very strict. Salicylic acid is after all a naturally occurring compound produced in plants. I think it will be fine to use. Let us know how it works out. it might be interesting to leave one or two plants untreated as a control group for comparison.

5 Likes

True, but the aspirin we buy at the drug store is synthesized in a lab. :scream:

4 Likes

I don’t think I’m hippie enough to be that anal about organics yet. A few lab synthesized items, I can live with, me thinks!

5 Likes

I stay totally organic no matter what! Aspirin? From Bayer/ Monsanto? All allopathic medication is not good for a human body, its chemical and cannot heal :wink: So I would never give my girls something I myself do not take in :slight_smile:

Blessed be and good luck though! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Nah, not bayer or monsanto… some cheap generic stuff from the 99 cent store. lol

4 Likes

Boy I hope ya stay healthy and don’t get admitted to a hospital

4 Likes

LOL :slight_smile: :heart: :wink:

2 Likes

I heard a while back something about giving weed plants the pill.
Or something along those lines.
A few people were swearing by it.
Fk knows if true.
Might be another stoner theory :wink:

2 Likes

Applied an aspirin foliar this evening. Used 2 crushed up aspirin to 3 gallons. I watered it into the sunflowers and my trellis plants (birdhouse gourds, tomatoes and cantaloupe) as they don’t really like foliars. Checked on all the plants a few hours later and the veggies seem the happiest with their leaves pointed up at night. No leaf damage and all of the foliage has turned a really nice dark green. I’ll check on them in the morning.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report, I will try it with effervescent aspirin instead … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

They don’t link a source, but they say 60-125mg per gallon / 20-30mg per liter (milligram per liter = parts per million)

I’ve been using an 85mg tablet per gallon of water in this bucket and she seems happy. I use it because things like willow and birch use it to mitigate water stress, so in my mind it should help transition from normal root growth to bottom watering.

Around day 3-5 she looked a little unhappy with the transition, but now we’re going on three weeks of constant water access without issue.

4 Likes

Reasonable…willow cuttings and mint are good sources I knew of. Did not know birch…other than for beer. :wink:

Wintergreen (via Wikipedia) is another source.

2 Likes

Wednesday

Thursday

This morning (Friday)

@Olbrannon Wintergreen makes so much sense now! I watched a video on youtube for how to convert wintergreen to aspirin… Or maybe it was the other way around.

1 Like