Authentic Genetics Seed Company

I would expect a response to mechanical stress, I’m not sure if that response would be an increase in resin. The local response to form a callous or scar may be the only response, but a flowering pant might get a bump from that alone. Things likely change in the presence of chitin, as this would trigger an immune system response similar to an insect bite. That response is characteristically an increase in resin glands and terpenes.

3 Likes

Purest indica. Day 36 of flower. Frost monster

53 Likes

Damn it man ! Great job. :grin:

5 Likes

I love those big sandy trichomes and it has a unique lemon balm odor instead of the NL tutti fruity I’m familiar with in Afghan lines, I should start a pack in a few months.

5 Likes

Def worth growing in my opinion from the small sample size ive got. Two plants out of the 5 remaining are smelling like kushy lemon greatness, the two that reminded me of lemon balm. Two plants are reminding me of bubblegum and lemon with earthy undertones and one smells very much like rootbeer/sarsaparilla and lemon. Frost levels are pretty much the same across the board and def hopd up to anything modern in terms of frostiness . Ive got my eye on the two that are more kushy as they have a little gassy, skunky think going on in the back ground that has peaked my interest. Sort of like an og kush smell but a little sweeter. Very excited to try these

15 Likes

Sounds wonderful. This requires further research. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I was just talking to my chic about this, wondering if that is a big difference from the weed I was growing in the 90’s. I realize it doesn’t mean anything beyond aesthetics, but the bag appeal of that weed was off the charts. Shit literally sparkled like a diamond. Alot of BOG’s varieties are sandy like that too. It’s a trait I would welcome back to current breeding.

7 Likes

Very nice, I’ll be doing these outdoors this summer.

3 Likes

Well I have been trying to resist but gonna have to scoop a pack of these from Todd.
Killer job on those @GreenHighland I can almost smell it from here

4 Likes

Couple more shots of purest indica phenos. Really fast finishing, very little stretch but slow veg so let them veg longer and get bigger before flowering. These are 45 days in. Gong to push them another 7-10 days.one is prett much done alreadt but im letting her ride out with the rest

52 Likes

Howdy First Cav - Im a new OG member growing some of AGs purest indica indoors 3x3 tent. This is my 4th grow in the tent but first experience with a pure indica, all previous grows were hybrids from dispensary clones and seeds then I discovered OG.com and learning more than ever before.

I am on week 3 after seedlings popped soil and these plants are short with real fat leaves compared to my other grows. I germed 4 seeds and all of them are growing, too early to determine sex though.

My question/request - do you have a grow diary of your purest indica referenced in this post? If yes, can you post a link to it? If no, may I bother you with some questions and request for guidance on my grow?

Thanks, papabear

9 Likes

For AGs purest indica, how long would you let them veg, days or weeks after sprout? I’m in week 3 after sprout with AGs purest indica, 4/4 sprouts not sexed yet.

3 Likes

Sure thing, here’s a link to my Purest Indica and Northern Lights #2 grows.

7 Likes

I thought NL1 was original PNW Northern Lights x Purest Indica?

And the rest was original PNW Northern Lights with different males, Indica-Sativa

Maybe I read that wrong years ago…

Alaskagrown

1 Like

NL1 is Murphy’s afghan x Nevil’s mazar-I-sharif

3 Likes

Let them grow to the size you’d like and then let them flower. It sounds like they have no stretch

4 Likes

I let mine veg 4 weeks. 8 would have been better as they barely stretched at all and stayed very small. These need a long veg for nice big plants.with 4 weeks they finished about 20 inches. Extremely fas finishing so better of running longer in veg. Ive got some more pics in my growing thread. Green Highland’s Garden - #69

7 Likes

Those look really healthy what size pots are you using?

1 Like

The lineage with the best providence I’ve found is NL1-NL11 are hybrids of the Purest Indica, made from a cross with a 11different grower’s unique IBL. 1 being tye most similiar to the PI plant and 11 being the most tropical/sativa leaning. I wasn’t there of course, so I don’t really know

2 Likes

Those were 3 gallon air pots if my memory is right. I’ve gone to 4 gallon nursery pots since then.

1 Like