Auto flower Lighting Schedule aka Robs Winter 2019 Shed Grow

LIFTA doesn’t mean I can’t look :joy::joy:

15 Likes

Really cool setup. What kind of heater are you using, you said your power consumption is pretty low

I have a hard time keeping my basement over like 18 degrees this time of year, and if I’m going to use 1200w for a space heater I might as well just run a 1000 watter lol

2 Likes

Hi bro
Thanks for the compliment I love my cab… I use a Handy Heater…JML Handy Heater Compact Plug-In Digital Electric Heater with LED Display 500W https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MXYJM57/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nOosCbKRPMQP1

With everything on in my cab except the flower strips my cab pulls 680w… when the heaters on rest 190w for lights pumps immersion, bluelab, fanspeed and co2 control :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

@beacher
I also use a th16 to control the heater because power off forgets the settings you choose… default on thermostat setting is 32c way too hot. So I manage it via sonoff to keep 24c as the off setting for the heater, with a low on point at 19c…the cab lights tend to help the temps stay stable for a fair time… total cost appx 7kw pday… or £1.40 appx

:grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Very nice. Most of the portable heaters like that here are 1000+ watts which would be ridiculous to heat the room for my 600w light lol. Something like that would be ideal.

2 Likes

Two days into 24/7 Nutrient dripping… lol the are responding well.
They are the oddest bunch of plants I’ve grown… they all look off… odd…
Let’s see what the stretch brings
EC14 ,PH6.2, RH 60, Temps 23 res and cab. Co2 1300ppm

All happy in the hood :grin::grin: and outside temps are picking up…

12 Likes

Ph is sorted, yeah recalibrated my bluelab… cleaned up and put it all back

Day 26 from germ… happy days :grin::grin:

8 Likes

Are those hydro grown

The three in the top picture

Hi @Spacecowboy
Yep in the cab in the pic below…

Oh ok cool @Robin that’s an awesome setup!!

2 Likes

Cheers bro… keeps me out of trouble :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Little update… so far my light rigs been running 10x 3500cct solstrips delivering a modest 230 watts, today I’ve turned on my flower strips, an additional 4 x 2700cct solstrips delivering an extra 190watts to the mix, giving me for my 1m3 (appx) grow cab the magic number of 42w per sq/ft…
These are good enough guesstimates as my cab isn’t exactly square… but it all adds up to a m3 …
Let’s see what that does to my starting the stretch girls(?) … that are pretty tight on the node spacing so far under the 3500’s…
EC at 17, PH 5.5, RH 60% +/-, res temp 23 with the extra lights I’m expecting a cab temp of 25 once everything has warmed up… I’m using Vitalink Plant Start for the veg period, the blurb says you can’t overfeed… lol
I’ll be switching to bloom nutes in a week as they will be 5 weeks and as autos they should be flipping themselves about now, 28 days old tomorrow…

Happy Sunday fellow OG ers

5 Likes

9 Likes

Indicas always look weird to me since I grow outside. lol Always with the sativa hybrids here. Gonna attempt an outdoor indica this season I think.

3 Likes

OMG 24hrs of 420w and look at the growth …

Advice needed, I’m getting rusty spots and some tip curl… I’m guessing over feeding… would anyone suggest differently :grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

Looks like over feeding locking other stuff out…

3 Likes

Cheers @ReikoX
That rings true… I’ve wrecked s couple of otherwise decent grows by over feeding… I’ll go check the EC later, yesterday it was 17, minus local water reading of 7… 10, just over half strength, I’m gonna go find the you can’t overfeed page on the vitalink product pages :grin::grin:
So my only real idea would be to bang in a few litres of plain water and bring EC below 15ish and LITFA…:grin::grin:

3 Likes

Well it’s didn’t say impossible rather …

“There’s very little risk of over-fertilising - Plant Start’s a gentle mix…”

Hey ho …on we go
:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Let’s be sensible…how can I leave it alone if I havnt fiddled @ReikoX the words locking other stuff out made me think… I’ve had them running on seedlings rations and they are flowering mature plants , on close inspection the newer growth is yellowy as if underfed …ermmm (Pistles everywhere on all but my runt :grin::grin:) anyway one quick res change later the are now sitting on 1/2 strength Bloom nutes, now hopefully they will actually get the things they need
net EC 9 PH RH & temps all over the place,but my cab will sort that lot out over the next few hours… I also raised my light to appx 10" above the growth tips…
Now I can apply my favourite product of all and LITFA and catch up with the punisher on Netflix :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes