Automatic Writing

Those plants look amazing for autos. Very bushy!!

5 Likes

:speaking_head:Thanks @Kasper0909 I know what I’m doing with photo plants (most of the time - lol) but auto’s are a whole new ballgame for me. And once again proving that being a stoner and math may not be a good mix, (something about short term memory and all that) I just realized that the NO symbol is actually covering the number 48 NOT 49 ROTFLMFAO!

gosh I hope I don’t get graded on spelling either… oh well, I hope you get the gist of it

5 Likes

HEY look what I found!

Unfortunately just the photo not the tray of buds.
This is the harvest from my first every ‘accidental auto’. It was supposed to be photo/fem GDP what it actually was I have no idea; except that it was an auto. Keeping my previous post in mind and the fact that this was a few years ago, as I recamember the yield was about 8 oz’s

9 Likes

Automatic Writing
Photo update: 29 July 2022

12 Likes

I’ve had many questions about autos. @Mr.Sparkle might be able to chime in. If I was to try and make a JR auto. What would I need to be doing bro?

2 Likes

:speaking_head:@anon58740919 Thanks for all the likes but I am totally new to auto’s though I have been growing awhile. Being new here I’m not sure EXACTLY where to point you but I will say I do know how to make seeds. However instead of going into that process here in this journal, as I have looked around OG a bit it is obvious there is a lot of knowledge and information available on just about any topic related to growing; and then some. One set of posts in particular that caught my eye as I have been lurking around may be of some interest and help in answering your question Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)
:v:

6 Likes

You’re welcome man. I like your content so likes will come your way. I know how to make seeds. I referenced he JR. Which is jack’s rainbow :rainbow: (a quick search will give you the back story, also you’ll see the TARDIS build) I did the original cross and @Esrgood4u did a feminised run for f2 beans. I’ve got 5 f2s up. And will have the last 2 f1s back with me by next week. I plan to breed to like F5 but wouldn’t mind making an auto version/derivative for outdoor purposes. The UK won’t allow a photo to finish well. I tagged @Mr.Sparkle because his auto work (mainly dark sparks) is by far the best auto I’ve grown out.

5 Likes

:speaking_head:Thanks @anon58740919 :+1:
I have to say, though I haven’t been around OG long, I’m VERY impressed with community and site as a whole - a bit overwhelming and different than I’m used to. Everyone’s willingness to help is pretty amazing compared to some other sites I’ve frequented. VERY nice change of pace

9 Likes

Ran out of likes now :sweat_smile: OG is definitely the place to be. I was a member of RIU before finding this place and never looked back. OG is an actual community. Met a few folks here that became good friends in real life.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Perfect. Thankyou bro. So what you’re saying is 3 or 4 generations to get close to an auto. Basically stick with regs/fems for the JR :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah it will take a minimum of 3 generations to get to fully auto.

4 Likes

I’ll probably stick with regs/fems then bro

1 Like

Automatic Writing
30 July 2022 - selective defoliation

I did a bit of defoliation this morning. When defoliating during flowering it is my habit start at the top of each branch and try to envision a cone of light surrounding the branch. I have a tendency to leave more leaves than most who grow photos indoors. During flowering I only remove leaves that have stems and are blocking bud sights. I don’t remove them all, but the vast majority I do. My philosophy is leaves are food and maybe more so for autos. Removing large fan leaves LOOKS like you’re taking more leaves than you actually are. I always leave small leaves as they will become large leaves. My rule has become to leave at least 4 small leaves in place for every 1 large leaf removed until just before harvest.

As I defoliate during flowering I also manipulate each branch so it stands apart as much as is possible and do my best to give each and every branch it’s own growing space.

Before and after photos and individual plant closeups follow: JLo is the one in the back, Black Cream in the front.

JLo

Black Cream

13 Likes

Automatic Writing
31 July 2022

I have been checking the Black Cream over pretty closely the last several days looking for any sign of purple. Today is the day! I was pretty sure yesterday, today there’s no doubt - the Black Cream is getting purple buds :+1:t3:

Here is the Black Creams official ‘blackening’ for this grow: One day from Week 7 (today is week 6 day 6 - I hope :crossed_fingers: lol)

11 Likes

Looks nice man props :metal: :metal: :metal:

3 Likes

:speaking_head: Thanks @ColeLennon this has been a LOT more fun than I thought it was going to be AND I’m actually learning something. :v:

2 Likes

Atomatic Writing
31 July 2022 - Facing the sh!t storm

Well, looks like it’s hit the fan. I was hoping that things would go as smoothly as possible, but that’s not the case. I have a half brother with cancer, a good friend with cancer and just got a call from my sister-in-law that my brother is in emergency.

I was already planning on being gone several days at the end of next week to visit my friend before his treatments start and hoping that the harvest would be in before heading to my brothers at the end of August/mid September but… that’s a bit up in the air at the moment.

My wife who does not use or grow has kindly offered to look after the girls but between the heat and me being gone for ??? we will have to wait and see what the outcome is.

I truly wish the best for everyone - and REALLY hope your life is a bit less tumultuous than mine at the moment… more Automatic Writing to come - but here comes the sporadic part -

Good Sh!t Happens Too!

7 Likes

Lol some of my 1st autos u could smoke in a session . Overwatering at 1st will tend to zap a yield

Sorry about bro

2 Likes

Automatic Writing
1 August 2022 - The show must go on

Even with how crazy it has been around here, today is a day worth noting.

Week 7 Day 1. June 13 - August 1

I’m VERY impressed with these girls.

If you can’t figure out who’s who; JLo is still the one to the back - loaded to the gills and fattening up. The Black Cream is doing her own thing at her own pace.

16 Likes