Back to Seeds

Wago’s are good. Just keep track of polarity and I would tape the hell out of them with electrical tape so the tabs don’t snag and pop loose.

2 Likes

So, are there adapters or is it only possible through splicing? I’m trying to figure out what these connectors are called. I know I saw it somewhere before.

1 Like

I was hoping the driver came with them already populated from Meanwell, but I didn’t think they would. Meanwell sells them to light companies with bare wires and the light company populates them with their connectors. Is there any information about the connectors with the light documentation? I know Mars Hydro doesn’t provide anything. If you do have to splice (I would hate to) make sure you size the wire correctly as well.

2 Likes

I have some of that pizza flour. Makes incredible pizza crust :muscle:t2:

1 Like

You will need to cut the wire ends to fit into the connectors but I guess the tape won’t be necessary.

2 Likes

I’m not going to splice anything. Haha I have no clue what to do in that regard and don’t want to mess anything up or burn my house down. I’ll go take a picture of the adapter. I’m sure someone knows the actual name for them.

I have a desk drawer full of these at work and I can assure you, if you snag the tab on something, it will pop up and loose.

1 Like

Left side is connected to the light and right side is connected to driver. I was hoping I could just buy a cord to lengthen it, but maybe that was a dumb idea by someone who doesn’t understand electronics or electrical stuff. Haha

1 Like

Not dumb at all. Difficult without a part number, but let me do some digging.

2 Likes

There are different models available. Some do hurt the fingers when prying the tab open no doubt and a really cheap model I got off AliExpress, the tab came off with the wires stuck.
So they have their flaws but that’s wear and tear. Cheap as well for connectors. There are other stuff for dirt cheap available locally (connectors) using screws and work as well…just need to keep that wiring stuff away tucked into the corner.
Splicing would be the best otherwise.

Huge thanks!!!

1 Like

I could’ve sworn when I looked at AC Infinity’s new controller that controlled lights I saw adapters for these types or they at least mentioned what they were called, but now I can’t find that again on their site. Darn.

Getting closer:

http://www.chogori-tech.com/standardseries/66-30.html

1 Like

Nice!! I’m scrolling through another LED supply site. Crazy how many different types there are. Had no idea. Haha

1 Like

Can you see a name or a part number on the connector or backshell?

1 Like

Close, but not it.

I’ll go look some more.

1 Like

10A250V
IP68

I believe that is for 10Amps, 250Volts. Any other numbers?

IP68 is the waterproof rating.