Badger goes camping with his buddies

Lol that probably would of been enough for a couple sections of land! Should give some away to a farmer!

6 Likes

Well, since there’s already a little KNF talk I have a question. Have you ever made WCA? If so, can you make it from hard-boiled eggshells? I’ve tried it twice by cooking “raw” eggshells but I can’t get all the membrane out of them. Is that the only reason for cooking them, or is there more to it than that?

With a hard-boiled egg I can get most of the shell off clean as long as I don’t puncture the membrane, but I don’t know if I can just toss them in BRV or not.

:guitar:

3 Likes

Yes you can most certainly use the eggshells that have been boiled, and remove the membrane easily. You want just the goodness of the shell, not the proteins etc in the membrane.

I have been getting more and more in to KNF and it is awesome.

4 Likes

Here is an update ofthe ladies. I believe Im getting close to transplant. They have sucked half the water out of their pots in one day. It went from 50% yesterday morning to 24% or so this morning. The jack Herer in the middle on the left side, has leaves that look like hell. I wonder if it will make it.They are not rootbound yet, but they probably will be soon.

I love all kinds of knf conversations. We got chickens this year, Only one of them is laying so far, but I have been saving the eggs. The membrane is so much easier to get out when the egg is fresh. I figure it will have more goodness in it the a store bought egg as well.

16 Likes

They are looking great bro.Nice healthy batch you have going…I wish i had more time to make all my own goodies for the plants.But with the amount of plants i have going and ever increasing the quantity and strains I have deceided to barter with a few friends and assign them tasks in exchange for a sweet discount.They will be tasked with making all my organic goodies for me.I am currently tending to 72 plants,10 cuttings,soon to be another 80 plus cuttings.Also about to start 3 test runs and my 4 auto runs.Put me near 200 plants so my time is all garden lol…Yes i am Smkncanuck and i am indeed ADDICTED to growing lol

5 Likes

I’m gonna gonuppot these seedlings and try something different. I have transplanted lots, but had something a little different catch my eye. I’m all about trying new stuff, so here we go. I’ll let everyone know how it seems work.

4 Likes

Excited to see how it works for ya!

2 Likes

Thanks buddy.

I figured I would take the old dog @SmknCanuck and see if he could teach me a new trick :joy:

3 Likes

Lol! Now we will see if you can teach an old badger new tricks.

3 Likes

I will admit, we tend to be grumpy creatures that are set in our ways. I’ll give you that.

I like smkns transplant method. I have always filled to level, and placed the plant In middle, packing soil around it. This may very well be less stress on the plant. We will see how they react. I put them a bit deep to compensate for some stretchy stems from early on. The bowls were 2 for a dollar at the dollar store. We cut the rims off to allow them to be placed more closely together.

This is lightly ammended supersoil. The plant from the 25 gallon pot was not that big since I got it out late, so a bit of rabbit poo and some dry nutes from the original mix. I don’t add any azomite, oyster shell, or basalt rock dust, as there should be plenty still.

I added a small fan to an intake and another one on the passive vent. Then I cranked the light up to 75% (it had already been on 60, higher than I thought). I’m picking up a 4" fan I can use for intake Thursday or so.

The one that the chickens took the head off, I gave up on. The jack herer looks like hell, but I upotted it. I’ll give it a chance.

14 Likes

What is the green pipe looking thing?

3 Likes

It is a moisture sensor. It send data to the same site as the temp/humidity sensor in the front. Right now we are looking for potential drying areas, until we can get some better climate control in ours (monitored also). I can get real time data on any of them up to once a minute. It sure is handy to be able to spread sensors out and get data continuously.

I should have rotated that sensor to the rear side.

4 Likes

Plants look good after up potting :grin: they will be reaching for the light in no time.Glad this ole dog is still good for a useful trick or two :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Ha ha, you sure are buddy. If nothing else it’s entertaining to watch you fill your apartment with plants. We have a pool going on when you’re gonna have to give up your bed :joy:

5 Likes

Lmao i actually have a large bedroom,have a queen bed,the 4x8 tent.A big dresser.A tv entertainment unit and a 2x4x7ft h book shelf in it and space to move around.Also have a 2nd bedroom i been letting a bro use as storage,gives me 150/month.I have the 3x8x8 closet i can use if needed.I also have the 3 tier veg rack and the entertainment unit cutting chamber in my livingroom.Can easily fit a nice tent in the livingroom too :rofl::rofl: thats the beauty of being single and living alone,i have more than enough living space and lots of growing space :grin:

Hows it going bro.How your plants doing after the transplant?Hope you have a funtastic day :call_me_hand:

9 Likes

I will see when I hit my grow later on. We have some cleanup work to do in the cabin bathroom. This will. Give us more space to look at expanding.

Good point about living single. I heard a comedian say that you can either be lonely or irritated (single/ in a relationship.) There’s definitely truth to that :wink:

6 Likes

I am happier than a hog rolling in mud.Being in the dirt every day and surrounded by all these beautiful plants growing like magic beanstalks makes my heart sing and my smile shine.

More space to expand lmao thats what PGT said too,seems like members here influence others to ever expand as the grow addiction takes root in us :upside_down_face: :rofl:

5 Likes

Man, I have alot of love for the plant for sure. I have plenty of seeds I need to go through as well. I’m gonna have mom’s when I get all set up. It will be nice taking clones and knowing exactly what I will get.

On the seedlings, it looks like I had some deficiencies going on. I think once they get used to the supersoil, they will blow up for sure.

Edit: once I get the bathroom cleaned up in will have a drying spot that we can use for seedlings when we are done drying the outdoor.

7 Likes

Its only 14c right now but feels warmer on my balcony facing south to the lake.Going to let the 2nd batch of seeds and the 2 auto N.L spend the day in the sunshine

Having moms is always nice to have cuttings continually going to flower…They will recover in the new pots and explode.The 44 i have going in the tent and closet had a weeks set back at the start till i fixed the low rh then they went nuts…Thats cool about the bathroom having a dual function.I am thinking about closing in my balcony with framing and plexi glass and hanging blackout curtains and using that as a drying room through the winter with a small thermostat space heater,and as a grow solarium in the spring,through the summer the panels can come off and go back up in the fall.

10 Likes

Plus no guesswork on the clones. You should know more or less exactly how the smoke will turn out.

5 Likes