Badger goes camping with his buddies

Never ever worry about taking a sidetrack on that organic stuff here bro. We’re all here to learn together. If you want a batch of labs, holler. I’ll start you one off mine.

We are blessed to have monkeyman and tinytuttle plus several other good “teachers” around here that love to share knowledge and help us along. The labs and alternating peroxide soak is supposed to help for hard to start seeds.

7 Likes

I figured it wasn’t a big deal just making sure to be respectful. I’m always interested in learning new stuff. Gonna have to try this one out.

5 Likes

Heck yeah man! That’s awesome. I love learning new stuff. Soon as I get settled in I’ll give it a read.

5 Likes

You’re always super respectful man. It’s not too hard to make, it just takes time to gather from the air. Be patient while it’s seperating. I jumped the gun a bit the first time around.

5 Likes

yep, also don’t let it go too long, I find that 5 days of rice wash then 2 days of the milk and it’s good to go

4 Likes

I went a little bit crazy the last time I made some LAB. Normally people will wash around a half pound of rice, and go from there, I started with 5 pounds of rice, and you have to use twice as much water to wash it with, and the water thats left you use at a 10:1 ratio with milk, so I ended up making 8.5 gallons of it which resulted in around 3.25 gallons of LAB, and you mix it 1:1 with molasses, so I actually have 6.5 gallons of LAB. Generally you use LAB at 1:1000 with your water/nutes so 6.5 gallons will be enough for me to will to my grandkids lol. Actually it’s only good for 3 years, so strike that - I will have to start growing more! The whole thing cost me around $45 including the molasses, so I may have overdone it a bit lol. Don’t be a monkeyman - instead use 1/2 cup of rice instead of 5 pounds and make a reasonable amount and you will be fine lol

6 Likes

Good lesson! :joy:

3 Likes

Lol that probably would of been enough for a couple sections of land! Should give some away to a farmer!

6 Likes

Well, since there’s already a little KNF talk I have a question. Have you ever made WCA? If so, can you make it from hard-boiled eggshells? I’ve tried it twice by cooking “raw” eggshells but I can’t get all the membrane out of them. Is that the only reason for cooking them, or is there more to it than that?

With a hard-boiled egg I can get most of the shell off clean as long as I don’t puncture the membrane, but I don’t know if I can just toss them in BRV or not.

:guitar:

3 Likes

Yes you can most certainly use the eggshells that have been boiled, and remove the membrane easily. You want just the goodness of the shell, not the proteins etc in the membrane.

I have been getting more and more in to KNF and it is awesome.

4 Likes

Here is an update ofthe ladies. I believe Im getting close to transplant. They have sucked half the water out of their pots in one day. It went from 50% yesterday morning to 24% or so this morning. The jack Herer in the middle on the left side, has leaves that look like hell. I wonder if it will make it.They are not rootbound yet, but they probably will be soon.

I love all kinds of knf conversations. We got chickens this year, Only one of them is laying so far, but I have been saving the eggs. The membrane is so much easier to get out when the egg is fresh. I figure it will have more goodness in it the a store bought egg as well.

16 Likes

They are looking great bro.Nice healthy batch you have going…I wish i had more time to make all my own goodies for the plants.But with the amount of plants i have going and ever increasing the quantity and strains I have deceided to barter with a few friends and assign them tasks in exchange for a sweet discount.They will be tasked with making all my organic goodies for me.I am currently tending to 72 plants,10 cuttings,soon to be another 80 plus cuttings.Also about to start 3 test runs and my 4 auto runs.Put me near 200 plants so my time is all garden lol…Yes i am Smkncanuck and i am indeed ADDICTED to growing lol

5 Likes

I’m gonna gonuppot these seedlings and try something different. I have transplanted lots, but had something a little different catch my eye. I’m all about trying new stuff, so here we go. I’ll let everyone know how it seems work.

4 Likes

Excited to see how it works for ya!

2 Likes

Thanks buddy.

I figured I would take the old dog @SmknCanuck and see if he could teach me a new trick :joy:

3 Likes

Lol! Now we will see if you can teach an old badger new tricks.

3 Likes

I will admit, we tend to be grumpy creatures that are set in our ways. I’ll give you that.

I like smkns transplant method. I have always filled to level, and placed the plant In middle, packing soil around it. This may very well be less stress on the plant. We will see how they react. I put them a bit deep to compensate for some stretchy stems from early on. The bowls were 2 for a dollar at the dollar store. We cut the rims off to allow them to be placed more closely together.

This is lightly ammended supersoil. The plant from the 25 gallon pot was not that big since I got it out late, so a bit of rabbit poo and some dry nutes from the original mix. I don’t add any azomite, oyster shell, or basalt rock dust, as there should be plenty still.

I added a small fan to an intake and another one on the passive vent. Then I cranked the light up to 75% (it had already been on 60, higher than I thought). I’m picking up a 4" fan I can use for intake Thursday or so.

The one that the chickens took the head off, I gave up on. The jack herer looks like hell, but I upotted it. I’ll give it a chance.

14 Likes

What is the green pipe looking thing?

3 Likes

It is a moisture sensor. It send data to the same site as the temp/humidity sensor in the front. Right now we are looking for potential drying areas, until we can get some better climate control in ours (monitored also). I can get real time data on any of them up to once a minute. It sure is handy to be able to spread sensors out and get data continuously.

I should have rotated that sensor to the rear side.

4 Likes

Plants look good after up potting :grin: they will be reaching for the light in no time.Glad this ole dog is still good for a useful trick or two :upside_down_face:

4 Likes