Badger goes camping with his buddies

Two verified males went to the composting area (outside garden), waiting on a couple to show still.

I’m super stoked that the two Chem dog are female still. I really like that strain.

Here in the next couple days we will do some experimental training to see what we like best for the tent. I’m looking at 10 days after this to flip, is what I believe I read. How many days do I need to wait from transplant?

17 Likes

If your gonna flip in 10 days i would up pot now.That way any stress from transplant and training is done before you flip…The are looking nice and healthy bro.Can never go wrong with chemdawg .Happy growing bro

Smkn

5 Likes

I think they need to root their current pots a bit more before I up pot, or the root ball won’t hold the soil together. I may need to change plans a bit, and get a scrog net.

6 Likes

You will definitely need a scrog net or mass super cropping if your going to veg till the roots fill those pots then up pot again…I know there are growers who like to up pot various sizes to their final pot size.I have always liked to do one transplant from 16oz cups to final pot size and then not have to worry about it again.

7 Likes

First time in a long time, and I have more power now. I will get one made out of pvc. That should work better than the stretchy ones huh?

I’ll get a better plan for next time.

I’m glad you came back around bud, thanks!

4 Likes

Trying to plan for my next grow. Love the idea of only one up-pot. Don’t love the idea of using all that soil to find out which ones are male!!

3 Likes

I would have to start mine in the .7 gallon pots first I would guess, if I wanted to try that I believe.

Edit: @SmknCanuck, you sex in 20 Oz cups?

2 Likes

Hey Bro i went from 16oz cups to 1gal bags this grow.This is a HuckleberryCracker 18days into 12/12

Normally i go from 16oz cup to to 3 to 5gal bag .Any males i cull and reclaim and recondition that soil to use again.
…This being my first grow in awhile and starting 50plants i opted to use 1gal bags this grow.

A MauwiWowiCherryBomb 1 gal bag 18days 12/12

16 Likes

Does this look like nute burn or something else? Any ideas? @PlantShepherd

12 Likes

Also, we are trying out 3 lst methods. We supercropped some, topped some, and fim’d some. We will figure out which method we like the best and run with it. How do you do this? Experiment!

16 Likes

How old are these plants @Badger? Trying to figure if our seedlings have close birthdays!

4 Likes

They were about 9/11. The blueberry wedding cake are a couple days older than the rest.

3 Likes

perhaps a micro nutrient deficiency? like iron? Or some kind of transition metal.

5 Likes

Kelp meal should have that covered I believe? With kelp, azomite, and basalt rock dust in my mix I didn’t even consider a micronutrient deficiency.

4 Likes

Manganese could be lacking to.micro nutrients are often over looked.

4 Likes

Deficiencies happen for multiple reasons. Just because it is in the soil, doesn’t necessarily mean it is available. Can I ask what is in your soil mix? And what are your watering practices like? Do you think they have been on the dry side? Kinda looks like a soil pH imbalance, but again more info would help. :v:

5 Likes

I use Clackamas coots mix basically. For micros, I’ve added azomite, basalt rock dust as well as oyster shell flour and gypsum, and like I’ve mentioned , it does have kelp meal. This is the second grow in this soil, and it showed no deficiencies the first time around. The plants the first time around were started late, so they stayed pretty small. I did ammend slightly, so that’s what makes me wonder if it’s too hot.

I let it get pretty dry before I water. I’ve been waiting until our moisture meter reads 10%. Last time it was 15% when I watered, due to time constraints. I’ve been top watering, and I experimented with bottom watering last time, on one plant. This was a couple days ago, and I’m showing 22% on the pot that was bottom watered, so that may be a bit deceiving since the majority of the moisture is lower in the pot than the meter.

6 Likes

When you say coot’s mix, what percentage of peat did you use? And how much oyster shell per cu ft? Are you using tap water? And if so, is your tap water basic (higher than 7 pH?). I ask because there is a possibility your soil pH is too high. I would also be careful about changing up watering practices. If you have been top watering for a while, then roots will develop where you water. If all of a sudden you start bottom watering, then the plant needs to send out new roots to where it can find water. All of this can cause micronutrients to be less available. Also, with a living soil, I would recommend to keep things a little more moist rather than a little too dry.

I need to run to work, but I have some info on watering practices. I’ll try and dig it up (pun intended lol) and I’ll post later.

5 Likes

I will add that I add organic matter to tap water and let it sit for at least 24 hours before using.

4 Likes

I add a cup of each ammendment to 2 cu ft of mix. 1/3 of it is peat moss, 1/3 compost, 1/3 perlite, plus 6-8 cups of ewc and a couple cups of rabbit poo. I need to check on the water there I suppose. The water I used on the previous grow was between 7-8 ph per city test results.

I shouldn’t have to mess with the ph with this mix so I’ve read. This is one of the big reasons I went with this method, all the buffers in soil.

I only bottom watered the one plant, so that couldn’t be the cause. I may go to bottom watering eventually because of the benefits of that style.

Have a great day at work!!

6 Likes