Badger goes camping with his buddies

Thats probably your issue, this is not recommended in a living soil.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for that advice. Do you have an idea, percentage wise, when I should water (approximately)?

I’ve been trying to avoid overwatering as I know how fast that can go south.

3 Likes

As a rule ot thumb, I water about 5% of the soil volume every other day. So, for example, I water roughly five gallons of water in my 90-gallons worth of beds.

Keeping the first few inches of soil moist is a must. This is the most biologically active part if the soil. Mulch really helps retain moisture.

10 Likes

@ReikoX So based on this, do you think Octopots would work with a living soil?

6 Likes

Abso-fucking-lutely! They are basically just a SIP. I would add EM1 to the resivoir, however, to keep the anaerobic environment healthy.

8 Likes

When I get to that point, I may message you for some pointers and advice!

5 Likes

It seems that living soil is counter to most of the accepted knowledge about growing pot. Thank you for your guidance. I have alot more learning to do.

6 Likes

I can give you a simple recipe that should work perfect.

4 Likes

I don’t know what EM1 means. Lol

7 Likes

This is basic gardening. Pot, while a wonderful plant, is just a plant. A lot of “broscience” with growing pot is due to it being illegal.

7 Likes

Probiotic bacteria, Google it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

You can read all over OG that overwatering is worse than underwatering. In this case case, underwatering is harmful also. It’s impossible to say worse than overwatering of course, so I will work hard to learn, proper watering. From your math, I should be giving them about 5 ounces every other day in the .7 gallon pots. I’ll work on this, thanks a bunch Reiko!!

7 Likes

I agree with @ReikoX, under watering can cause issues like you are seeing. This is a bit technical, but I think this explains watering pretty well.

Soil Mixes Part 6: When to irrigate

Soil Mixes Part 7: How much to Irrigate

I actually really like all of those blog posts - there’s like 9 of them.

5 Likes

I greatly appreciate you gentleman. I hit them with the 5% he mentioned last night, and will look at doing that every couple days from now on. I will also figure out some mulch.

4 Likes

lol I was mulching my living soils with bubble waste.

5 Likes

I really need to get my stuff together on that note. There’s many options.

I have no plans to make that. I’m gonna make canna butter for now. It seems like the bags weren’t cheap.

4 Likes

I really think you gentlemen were right. The soil needs to stay somewhat moist. I have watered every other day, about 5% of the soil volume and all the new growth looks great! Still something weird going on with the Jack Herer, I got a better picture. It’s gotta be a genetic freak or something.

Thie is one of the Chem dogs. It is the most vigorous plant by far. If the smoke pans out and is excellent, it may be a mother candidate I suppose.

20 Likes

Things are looking good brother

7 Likes

Damn bro, looking good for an outdoor grower!!

6 Likes

Looks like your getting things dialed in and those plants are looking healthy and lush.Trials and tribulations get you results and your time and effort are reflected in your grow.Well done bro.

6 Likes