Bag Seed Growers

This actually IS from my very first plant! It would have been around 1987 or 88, I was still in high school and I decided to try sprouting a bagseed in my room to impress my friends. My parents never went in my room, so I got away with it.

We lived on the Main Street of a very tiny town, and I had it right in the window with one of those sketchy white plastic clip-on grow lights that used a regular bulb (anyone remember those??) so it looked like a Christmas tree. :rofl:

I don’t know what kind it was, but it was a pretty tough plant- especially since all it ever got was bong water and the ashes from tapped out bowls and incense.

Unfortunately, it turned out to be a male, and I cried the day I killed him.

Still blows my mind that I have a leaf saved from him all these long years later…

17 Likes

Pretty similar story. Mid nineties and I was maybe 18 yo. All we had was bricked weed from Mexico that was mostly stems and seeds. I had three seedlings in my bedroom windowsill. They were in tiny one ounce pots. Mom’s reaction was different, she laughed knowing I would never grow a plant in those tiny pots.

Fast forward to 2010 or so and I wanted to get a small grow going in my workshop. My wife at the time shot the idea down. After the Divorce, I was buying medical and found a few seeds in some Super Lemon Haze. I got my grow license and that was my first grow.

5 Likes

That’s an amazing story and I love the leaf pressings. I’m actually going to start doing that myself and keep an herbarium of my grows.

2 Likes

I have a jar full of mystery beans if you would like some. I sexed all my plants last year. one was a boy that I thought was a girl and seeded my crop I did not mark any of my plants keeped all my seeds but put them all into one container .

4 Likes

lmao if he doesn’t want 'em I call dibs!

1 Like

When I was in high school, before I even smoked, i actually bought some bag seeds from a friend of mine because I wanted to try growing them. I paid him $1 for ten seeds, and then got into trouble the next day because my parents found them :rofl:
Looking back, I think I was on to something back then.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with blurple…

1 Like

How big of a jar? Just curious

Summer 2006 started my grow journey. Had never even smoked but really wanted to grow. So I dropped by the skatepark beside our highschool and asked someone for some seeds they were gonna toss from a dime bag. Got my first seeds and the rest is history. Been pretty tempted to pop some of those old bagseeds again. I remember the weed smelling like paint thinner and burning the fuck out of my eyes worse than an onion. Haven’t experienced that since, was some danm strong stuff. Everyone knocks on herm seeds and mystery genetics, but think of all the elites that come from them. I say pop them!

2 Likes

Pop 'em if you’ve got 'em :+1:

1 Like

Have at least 2000 seeds

1 Like

What strains did you pull seeds from?

Zinger tga
Super silver sour diesal haze f2
White rhino x mystery ironically og trade forget from who
Headband x chem #4 csi humbolt

A few more strains but I forget the head band Chen was all fems so not the male other then that I don’t know

1 Like

I disagree. Can’t stand working in the garden with them. They grow plants just fine but not seeing the real color of the plant drives me nuts and it hurts my eyes.

1 Like

That’s fair. If I need to see color better I just take photos with the flash on. To each their own, though. :peace_symbol:
@ABushOfKush

2 Likes

That’s a pretty awesome mystery lineup :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Mexican brick , very nice , piney skunky :+1::+1::v:

8 Likes

How long until harvest? Or is that your original plant?

1 Like

That was last run . I have couple pics of the top I will post. Nothing currently going I’ve changed lights . Working on new setup and room maintenance

wet weight and dry weight . Biggest top :+1::+1::v:

6 Likes

Looks amazing!

2 Likes