Banquos Basement

It’s gotta be the Tropical Wiz in their lineage kicking out all these super awesome fruit smells. I guess I need to dive in to the seeds I have left and see what turns up.

2 Likes

First attempt at making QWISO.

Got bored last night so I decided to do something with all the kief I’ve got sitting in jars. I think it looks like it’s going to turn out really nicely, and I’m happy it didn’t end up looking like mud or tar. My only concern is that it won’t setup and get hard enough to handle, because I used 91% isopropyl alcohol. Even that seems like a longshot though, since the thinnest spots on the plate are already dry and not tacky or “wet” feeling at all. It’ll turn out, I’m just being pessimistic.

As long as this run turns out good, I think this is what I’m gonna do with most of my trim. I don’t think I’ll use whole plant material, but I’ll definitely shake it in the trim bin and save up all that kief til I have enough. I should have weighed the kief before I started, to keep track of returns, but I was short on time and skipped that part. I’m guessing between 7-10 grams of kief, give or take a couple grams. Everything I’ve read says kief gives awesome returns in this process, so here’s hoping! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Here is the weekly photo update on the Pentagrams. Everything is looking and smelling good. A couple of them are starting to fade into a really pretty purple color

6 Likes

Woooooow! These are some beautiful plants, and really good quality pictures to boot! I can’t thank you enough for stopping by and showing off these gorgeous girls. It truly makes my whole day when I hop on here in the morning and see that you’ve shared another update. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

As to the fade colors. I experienced the same with the 2 I recently ran, but didn’t want to call it a trait since it was a high stress grow for both plants. Seeing that bottom picture you just shared though, that changes things. Mine looked very very similar in leaf color, a very dark purple that got almost black at the very end, but not so dark that the beautiful dark red color in there can’t be noticed. I’m very happy with these results, and I will be looking to further that trait if I decide to make F2s.

I’m so inconsistent with my signing in and keeping track of stuff, so please forgive me for asking where these ladies are at in terms of day count? I’m thinking right around day 60, maybe only 55? Again, I apologize for being horrible at keeping track of stuff. But that is something I’ve noticed with Pentagram and it’s parent strain Space Wiz, they’re fast. Fast to reveal, fast to move into flower, and fast to finish. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see you chop before day 75, if not before 70. I think mine only went 62 and 64 days, but again, I’m terrible at keeping track of this stuff, even in my own rig :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hey bud! I’m happy ,to be able, to let you see your babies grow up. They’ve definitely been cool little plants to grow. They are at 63 days today. I’m also awful about keeping track of things. Thankfully I took a picture when I put them in the paper towel. I plan on giving them a few more days while my other plants finish vegging. I’ll post a few more pics before harvest and leave a smoke report. Thanks again for the seeds!

1 Like

@Banquo these are looking amazing!! I’m reversing a blackstrap auto clone I took at the moment! It’s exciting! If anything comes of it, maybe we can trade some? I’m hoping for some s1 and then I’m going to try to cross with a few others I have going too. (Strawberry nuggets x CDLC, (double grape x 3bog) x CDLC, and Ewok x CDLC) all crossed w blackstrap. The blackstrap mom is crazy tough. She’s been broken in half main stalk, several branches have been broken and taped up, she just kept going and busted thru the tape bandaids lol she didn’t start flower until week 6 (I think- I’d have to go back and look) and she’s huge! U can check out my journal if you’d like? I can use all the experienced growers I can find lol

Here’s my journal if you want to check it out

2 Likes

Skimmed through some text posts and took some looks at the pics you’ve shared. That Blackstrap is tough as nails, and I’m really impressed it cloned so well. I would LOVE TO trade for some S1 seed from her, and/or any of her out-crosses. I was on the fence about ordering some Blackstrap (ANOTHER Cookies variant??? :roll_eyes:), but I’m seeing now that there is potential beyond just the beautiful colors she shows off. I’ve seen a couple people share pics of some really big, yet still well formed, Blackstrap plants. So, naturally, now I’m kicking myself for not grabbing a pack when they were still under the Mandalorian branding

2 Likes

Dam those Pentagrams looks steller
Just beautiful the structure such a great cross you created .
@VAkish
@Banquo

2 Likes

Preach! Lol! They have crossed cookies w every damn thang!! :woman_facepalming: Not gonna lie tho, I got it for the purple hues. I also have some anvil! I haven’t grown that yet but I did send one to basementbeans along w sour crack (meph) and purple pope (night owl). He’s going to be doing some crosses soon. :crossed_fingers:I can’t wait to see what he comes up with :grin:

I just took some strawberry nuggets x CDLC & sour crack clones a few days ago. Haven’t posted them yet. I’m waiting to see if I can even get them to root. :crossed_fingers:

You actually sent me a pack of the pentagrams this summer! I haven’t grown them out yet bc I’m not confident in my sexing skills and have very limited room but I will soon! For sure!

I wrote your name down so when/if I get some seeds out of these, I’ll hit you up and we can trade :grin: it’s so much better crossing these awesome genetics than having to buy a 3pk for $50!! We can get more variety without going broke and it’s FUN as hell :joy: wish me luck

5 Likes

I thought you were one of the people that spoke up when I did the little Pentagram giveaway, but wasn’t certain. No rush getting them sprouted, it’s not an official project. Yet.

You ain’t lyin. I have so many vials in my collection with just 1-2 beans in them, waiting for me to take the initiative and start learning how to do reversals. I will seriously put a dent in these seed distributors bottom line when I start making fem repros. I’d really like to start with the Sour Diesel autos I have from DinaFem, then try my luck with something newer like Queens Banner. I’ve read nothing but good about that DinaFem Sour D., so I’d love to preserve it and pass it around.

I’ll check in on your thread when I see it pop up in my feed. I love what you’re doing in your rig, especially the cloning with autos. I’m a huge goofball for autoflowers. I really love this awesome little plant, and I want to see where it goes over the next year or so. I want to believe Jeff Lowenfels when he said that autoflowers are the next cherry tomato plant, and we will be buying autoflower seeds in the store just like we buy ornamental flower seeds now. They’ll be just another plant for the garden. I want to see that happen :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Update time! I just realized that most of my activity here over the past week has been replies to others posts here. I mean… hey. At least I’m replying? I gotta check in more often, if only for that purpose.

Non-project group is moving right along. Nothing crazy looking or super vigorous, and thankfully no issues. Everyone is making their 3rd sets now, I think. They will probably get their first real drink today, and they’ll be fed too. I’ve noticed that they’ve more or less stopped progressing over the past 24 hours, so I think it’s time. I will be giving them just 1.5 grams of Mega Crop 1-part base nutrients, a couple mL of SLF-100 to boost enzyme levels around the roots, and a couple mL of calmag.

Project group is only gonna be 5 plants I think. 1 of the 4 Spotted Limes F2 beans cracked and shot a tail, but never sprouted. I have another Pink Panama CBG soaking in wet paper towel, but today is day 4 of that and still no cracking. I didn’t do the usual 24 hour soak in RO water before the paper towel, so maybe it needs another day or so. And at this point, like a week in or whatever, it’s gonna be too far behind to be of any use for breeding. Maybe not. Maybe I’ll luck out and get a super fast female and she’ll catch up. I’ll work with what I’ve got if she doesn’t.

The 2 PPCBG that are standing already look very similar to one another. Their first true leaves are very narrow too, which I’m excited for. I’m a leaf-geek. The 3 Spotted Limes F2 babies are moving slowly, but they’re moving. I think the super low RH in my house is probably holding all my sprouts back, but it’s what I’ve got to work with. I’m working on a remedy, but it won’t be soon enough to help this run.

Conditions overall are pretty good. I’ve been able to keep it warm in there the past few days, surprisingly, and haven’t let it dip below 75-76. I’m doing this run with 24 hours light, so there is no light/dark swings. I honestly can’t even tell you what caused me to make the decision to run constant light for this run, and I have put some thought to it. I guess maybe I’m finally comfortable enough to try doing something different just to see what happens? I know for sure a year ago I wouldn’t have even contemplated a constant light run, and may not do it again after this one. I believe there is some truth to plants “sleep” cycle.

Any Twisted Tree Autoflowers fans here? If so, JimmyJacks will be dropped this Friday (21st), I just got word from Willow. If you aren’t familiar with them, maybe take a look. They have some FIRE autos, and they aren’t constantly sold out of every single strain on their menu. For them a “drop” is just adding a new strain to the site. When it sells out, they make more and restock. This upcoming drop will be a limited number of packs, but it won’t be gone forever when they sell out. She said it’s kinda like MAC in that it doesn’t like to take pollen and make seeds, so they only produced a limited number. Willow said they wanted to go ahead and release the seeds they do have though, because it’s so terpy, and insanely resinous. Obviously I’ll grab some, so if you wanna check it out without making the investment, lemme know. :wink:

Well dang. That went on longer than I meant for it to. Ha. Big surprise, right? Imagine being IRL friends and knowing this could happen at any time, face to face. Yikes. :crazy_face::rofl::expressionless::weary:

6 Likes

I recently started my first auto run, and of course I had to ask the very same question. :wink: I ended up settling on 24-hour light for the first few weeks, then switching over to 18/6 or so because that coincides with my veg room schedule and other plants needed rearranging. I’ll probably keep them on 18/6 since, as the thread suggests, there doesn’t turn out to be much difference other than the electric bill. Lots of people with experience and opinions, though, if you want to read up. :slight_smile:

OMG! A limited edition seed drop? That must mean they’re special, I must have them! :wink: Oh, wait, there’ll be another fifty limited editions of various new crosses by next week, and they should all be labeled “anonymous F2 polyhybrid with good parents and grandparents.” Step right up and get your ticket for the pheno hunt. :stuck_out_tongue: Not that there’s anything wrong with pheno hunting, just tough to get excited over it or want to pay good money for the opportunity. I’d rather hunt through your Pentagram or other homemade polyhybrids instead.

5 Likes

You speak the truth! I can’t argue anything you said, not that I’d want to, I’m of the same opinions for the most part. One of the things I’m happy about being a consequence (more like a reward in this case, for me) of getting away from almost all social media platforms, is not having to see the constant stream of untested hybrid crosses being SOLD for ungodly prices. To be clear, I am obviously NOT against hybrid crosses. I love them and will keep making them until there’s no strains left to make them with. And I am totally all for sharing these hybrids with as many people as I possibly can, as gifts or bonus beans included with a trade. But what I do not like, and will avoid supporting, is crossing every new strain with one another and then selling those seeds, untested, at the same or even higher prices as tried and true genetics of equal or greater caliber. I’ll trade for them or accept them as gifts, but I can’t justify spending my limited funds on what amounts to a crapshoot. I’m not a gambler.

And in the interest of time and sanity, I won’t go into how infuriating it is to watch someone, like on Reddit or something, who is literally on their first grow, running a super budget grow, go spend more on 5 seeds than they did their entire rig, only to have 2 of 5 not even pop, 1 dampens off, and the remaining 2 look like they came from completely different parents. Like, first, lemme just reach through the screen and slap the spit outta your mouth for even buying those seeds for your first run. Next lemme at the SOB who helped you build out your rig. Then I’m gonna go after the “breeder” who made those seeds that you shouldn’t have bought, probably with stolen or questionable at best genetics, and go off a trollolololol’ing with my army of bogus IG accounts. That’s what my inner “white knight” wants to do, but the other 99% of my self knows it’s a horrible idea that will only bring me pain and frustration.

So instead I’ll make it my mission to repro and give away as many of these overpriced genetics as I possibly can. Maybe after a few years I’ll have given away enough seeds to feel like I accomplished something.

6 Likes

One more quick update for today. I started some more seeds soaking for the project group. I swapped some reg auto beans with a member here a couple months ago, and one of the things she sent me is Double Grape x Sour 60. So I have 3 of these soaking now. I’m looking to find an auto that reliably finishes in under 65 days, and I’d probably try to do a backflip if I could get it down under 60 days. So I’m stoked to run these and see how fast they move. If they’re super speedy I might use them and make some fast hybrids with the PPCBG and/or Spotted Limes, or that still unnamed reg auto in the non-project group. I’ll have to take some pics today. That little plant has some super broad leaves already. I’m diggin it :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m not an auto guy but these Pentagrams might be changing my mind. Lol. I had fun growing these little girls. They have 2 more days to live before I gotta chop them. My other plants are starting to take over the room and I need to flip them to flower. It’s been a pleasure to grow them and thanks again for the seeds!

9 Likes

That red plant is breathtaking. I can’t stop looking at that picture. I never imagined something so beautiful would or could come from anything tied to the Space Wiz project, especially crossing in with something from a big name breeder. I’m certain that this is the product of the “red pheno” Double Grape in her lineage. I really did not expect something this beautiful from the Pentagram project. Unbelievable. Thank you. If you ever want some more Pentagram seeds, or if you ever want to give Space Wiz (pollen to make Pentagram came from a Space Wiz male) a run, let me know and I’ll make sure you get some beans.

And please don’t be a stranger over here. Even if you don’t have anything to say, drop by now and then and see what I’ve got in the works. I do have a couple photo and photo-to-auto projects on the horizon. I’m most excited for the p2a project, but it’s still just some F1 seeds, so it’ll be a bit of work yet. But at least it’ll get faster each run on the way to full auto :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Not sure how it happened, but I totally forgot about those seeds I had soaking, and wasted them. The seed hulls got really soft, almost like jelly, and the little root tails were turning brown. I think I drowned them. :unamused:

So I started some of my Space Wiz beans soaking last night to go into the 3 containers I prepared a few days ago. I’ve got fingers crossed for all females, since I’ve never smoked flower from this strain. The resin from the seed moms was fire, but it’s not the same as packing a bowl or smoking a joint.

After this though, I gotta stop popping seeds for a little while. I already think I’m gonna be having issues trying to fit 14 one gallon pots in my 2x4… I will fire up the 2x2 once I have males showing sex, but for now it’s more economical to just run everybody under the big light. Once the males are done doing their thing and have been composted, I might go ahead and start some photos in the 2x2 and let them veg for a couple weeks while the seed moms finish up in the 2x4.

Which leads to my idea for the next run. I want to run this Peanut Buttet Breath S1 again so friggin bad. It was such a dank smoke. And I have a PBB hybrid cross I might run alongside it, Black Lemon Cake x PBB. It gets really dark, almost black looking, and all the resin on those dark leaves and flowers looks really pretty. And then I dunno what else I’d run with then. I still have the freebie given to me from when I ordered Dr. Grinspoon seeds. Attitude Seed Bank sent G13 x Blueberry Headband from Garden of Green, and some other thing I gave away, as freebies. I also have a single Wedding Cake seed from PEV Seeds that I don’t know if it’s auto or photo. And then there’s the Super Silver Sour Diesel… OMG that’s it. That’s the one. Yeaaaaahhhh. I totally forgot that I DID manage to score some of those in a trade. Awwwww yeah.

Pictures of what’s happening now will be up in a day or two. Everybody is looking happy after their first dose of nutes. Only trouble so far is that I can not manage to get the RH above 35% in there. My house gets so dang dry in the winter time.

4 Likes

All 3 of the Space Wiz F2s that I had soaking have cracked already, so they’re in paper towel until later today when I have time to get them planted. I’m really excited to see what turns up from these 3 seeds. When I ran the F1s, I didn’t really get to see the potential because I was so focused on just getting mature seeds from them. I didn’t even remove fan leaves. And I harvested them at exactly 30 days after pollination. Soooooo, yeah.

I’m really going to try and document these plants thoroughly. I need to start compiling data on this strain and stop being so lazy if I ever want to truly get it “out there”. Nobody is going to devote time, resources, and space to my projects if I can’t give them any information on something I’ve supposedly spent time and effort on to work to F4 or further. So if you’re a regular here, please don’t hesitate to tell me I need to drop an update, even if it’s just for Space Wiz. I gotta stop being so lazy.

5 Likes

I was sure you did reversals! :astonished: I even have your OG name written down somewhere on one of my tds/ph charts :woman_facepalming::joy: yes, I have an SOS list for emergencies :woman_shrugging::rofl:

I was nervous to try it myself! These 3 packs of “limited” high dollar strains are enough to give anyone pause! what happens if I’m not successful and I’ve wasted a third of that strain plus I don’t have much space… @BasementBeans really has my back tho! He let me send him 1 bean of a few different strains that he’s crossing for me! It really helped ease my anxiety knowing that even if I failed I would still have some coming from him. He gets some different strains to play with and f1s to add to his arsenal but the weight he took off my shoulders is priceless :joy: I’m so grateful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Yesss! I have the same issue. Usually helps a lot if I turn off the ventilation. And if I have one in veg 3weeks along to transpire and raise that humidity for the babies it really helps. It’s just now starting to get cold cold here.

That reminds me of a strain I saw somewhere and almost ordered. Now I can’t find it in stock :cry:

How long does it take you to sex them? I’m getting ready to try a photo reg run. My main worry is space so any help I can get, I’m taking it lol

I’ve been seeing PBB and would love to try that one also! And freaking C99! Fomo is real :joy:

I’m dying to order some “color of space” from in-house genetics too. Looks beautiful but $$

I can’t even list all the strains I drool over but don’t have space for ATM :joy:

4 Likes