Banquos Basement

Hey bud! Glad things are going good for you. It’s been 7 days drying for the Pentagrams. I’m going to be trimming them today and I’ll post some bud shots of them this evening. I might go get a test piece and smoke a little bit. Hoping they smoke as good as they look. I’m going to send you a DM later about the gassy seeds you are looking for…might have something you’d be interested in.

1 Like

I’m growing some Black Cream S1s from Nagel - one of them is clean, but one of them threw a couple balls on lower nodes before switching over to expressing as female. I’ve cut the balls off and I’m just keeping an eye on shim. Hopefully this isn’t something that runs in the line. Already up to almost 2 feet tall and everything else seems fully female, but I wouldn’t be terribly surprised to end up with a seeded auto tent. Luckily, the other autos that are older are already stunted because I mistimed a single feeding on week 3. :wink: I’m thinking fast photos might be the way to go for me, not a big fan of having flowering plants under a foot tall. Just a waste of space, dealing with a plant that refuses to allow me to make a single mistake. If she wants to run off, climb a tree and kill herself because I didn’t baby her properly, she can stay in that tree and rot for all I care. Sorry, I think for a moment there I may have been having an argument with an ex-girlfriend… :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, long story short, you’re not the first to find a few balls where Black Cream is concerned.

5 Likes

Well shoot. I hoped it was a stress issue, as bad as that sounds. At least I know to watch the other plant created with the BCA pollen. No biggie.

If you’re looking for some fast photos, I have some beans I received in trade from a fellow OG’er, made by another OG’er. It’s by ReikoX, their Skywalker x J-Lo. I’ve got them tucked into my photo collection to maybe run one day, but who knows when that’d be. If you’re looking around for something new, I’d be happy to pass them along.

4 Likes

I bought a few seeds from Mark when I got started, and apparently everything he says is an auto is actually a fast photo so I’m set pretty well on that. :wink: I was trying to collect auto fems for a while but clearly I need more practice if I’m gonna get them to work at all - or maybe autos just aren’t for me, I like to let my plants get pretty big. I’ll keep one or two at a time running in the veg tent to get used to them, probably, while I cycle the photos through and to the flower room. Either way though, I can’t say I particularly need more seeds. They’d end up in my collection too, so unless you’ve been looking for someone to unload them on I’m good, thanks!

I’m also getting ready to make some seeds with this harvest, I’ve got a fast photo strain called Foxtail Skunk from Mark that I ended up with a male and female of. Since the female is about 5 feet tall now, that’ll probably give me a few extras. They should be 25/50/25 photos/fast photos/autos, so maybe then I can offer you something new as well. :slight_smile: That’ll be a few months down the road though, the female’s 3 weeks into flower and the male’s only a week.

3 Likes

I think I’ll wait till tomorrow to trim. They need another day to dry. Here is a little sneak preview of your Pentagram babies

10 Likes

Holy friggin frost factory! That looks incredible, even untrimmed! Can’t wait to read how she smokes for you, especially if they all hit different like I think they might. There should be a consistent OG stone feeling with whatever else is there, but everything else could be all over the spectrum! So excited, and so happy they turned out so beautiful for you :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I am definitely sending you some! :blush:

Nope! I haven’t grown any but I have some in my collection! I had to go and look lol which company are you talking about?

3 Likes

Exotic Seed Co. is the one I meant. I don’t have any from the other Exotic, but maybe one day

1 Like

So the tropical fuel ones? It says exotic seed lol I ordered those girls from seedsman. Took about a month to get them lol I haven’t seen them anywhere close tho so I made an impulse buy :joy: it says Tropicana cookies f2 “c cut” x Tropicana cookies f2 #5. I bought them bc they’re supposed to be red/purple. I also have ONE Mac 1 seed lol I was thinking of crossing those 2.

The exotic seed seeds u ran, we’re they awesome?

1 Like

I’ve only run the Strawberry Cola Auto, and yes it was awesome. She never got that big, and it was early on for me with growing, but the stone and terps were really good. I’m saving the Herz OG for an OG run, I still need 2 more different OG autos first, though.

I had the 2 companies mixed up at first too. Exotic Genetix is high dollar stuff, and always some fire. I haven’t seen enough from Exotic Seed Co. to make an honest determination on quality. Not yet anyhow

1 Like

exotic genetics was a good breeder.
I with the Irish Cannon Ball

2 Likes

Awwwww yeeeeaaaaaah! The last Spotted Limes F2 has revealed itself as female, so we’ve got 2 females and 1 male to work with, plus the female Pink Panama CBG. I’m very happy about that last plant being female. It woulda been a tough decision had it been the other way round. I did strip most of the biggest fan leaves off the male to slow him down a little bit. Hopefully it allows for a couple extra days before he starts dumping pollen.

I did some training on the Purple Nuggets, and will train the Orange Sherbert Auto too, once she gets a little taller. I can’t get a super-cropper clip on her stalk yet, but should be able to in a day or so. Probably won’t train the Puppiccino to avoid stressing her. I don’t see balls yet and I’m hoping that by letting her grow natural, she’ll be alright.

1 Like

Purple nuggets :drooling_face: I just got finished dusting a strawberry nuggets x CDLC cross from @BasementBeans with blackstrap pollen. I did some bottom nodes and another 2-3 branches. It was the last of the blackstrap pollen so I hope it works. I’m sure it will, just don’t know how many beans I’ll get. It’s a little early compared to when everyone else pollinated theirs. The other half of the pollen that’s in the freezer I’m saving for something else. Idk what yet lol

Apparently full duplex isn’t working with anvil strains anymore. Not sure if it’s only for a little while or for good. Everyone’s been grabbing them up now for sure lol I still have 4-5 beans of anvil and 5 of blackstrap. Bought 5pk a of both and got an extra one in each I believe.

You think the blackstrap that I self pollinated will be alright?

It says it’s

Anvil F7 (Reversed) x Black Label Cookies III

So it hasn’t been selfed already? One good selfing shouldn’t hurt right? :joy:

1 Like

Those beans will be just fine. No worries.

Maybe you’ll find a couple Purple Nuggets beans in with the PBB stuff I send you. Might make for a really consistently dark cross, and maybe even sneak some strawberry terps in there

1 Like

I sure hope I find some of those :face_with_monocle::crazy_face:

1 Like

A couple of closeups while trimming the Pentagrams

9 Likes

I can’t say enough good about how amazing these buds look. For not being an “auto person”, you sure made these girls look like you are. And once again, thank you so much for sharing updates through the process. I deeply appreciate what you’ve done with the seeds I sent you, and I truly look forward to an opportunity to send you more from future projects, if you’ll take them.

You mentioned something in regards to my search for gas/diesel terps, and that you’d be reaching out to me via DM. Nothing ever came through on my end, or I somehow missed it and it got buried. If that’s the case, I apologize, first, and second, just point me in the direction of my inbox with your reply here, and I’ll get my shovel and dig it up :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

NewBerry Auto after about 60 days in the jar. Smells like musky, over-ripe fruit with a slight sourness on the back end and exhale.

Grape Slurri Auto after 30-ish days in the jar. Very grapey smelling and tasting, but not like actual grapes or grape juice. It’s a chemical grape smell. Maybe a tiny bit gassy too, but nothing even close to what I’m looking for.

That’s what I’m smoking on lately, mostly. I still have a couple grams each of the really pretty Cheese Cookies, and the tester Chem Cookies. Both autos and both from Twisted Tree Autoflowers. All but the Grape Slurri are very relaxing and hit my body nicely, whereas the GS is a definite daytime smoke for me. Hits me right between the eyes and lets me know I’m stoned, just like high school days :dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

11 Likes

That’s awesome! I think I just need to quit for longer than a week, but I’ve been trying to find that feeling too. Maybe it’s because I’m old now. 🤷

Nice work on those twisted Trees man!
I still have yet to drop mine in water, but I’m going to this season. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Orange bubblegum, and twisted Cookies. Hope they are as good.

2 Likes