Beacher - some past grows and future

I figured out how to take better quality pics with my phone and grabbed a few shots. Here are the Guava 99s at day 46. They’re maturing nicely and still packing on weight. I’m already seeing 20% or so cloudy trichomes so I think 8 weeks will be a good estimate for them to finish.

I gave them a feed of mega crop after their flush last week, then a strong dose of cal-mag with some ‘massive’ bloom booster I have. I’ll cut them off of food in the next few days…

17 Likes

My 4 autoflowers are at day 52 from sprouting. The two from @Mr.Sparkle look like they’ll be mature in about a week, I’ll flush them then give them straight water for the remainder of their time.

This Da Fuzz is shorter (16"). Super purple buds and extremely fragrant. Smaller buds than it’s cousin, but they’re denser.

Edit: some pistils and trichomes on this are purple too, which is really cool

The Dark Spark is quite a bit taller (21"). Larger buds with a more green color and similar but less powerful scent. They both showed nitrogen excess for the last couple weeks, but this one definitely had more.

13 Likes

The 2 CBD autos from @Sebring are both a bit bigger, with more of a Christmas tree structure. Nice vigorous plants that had no real complaints with food etc, although they did both show a bit of N excess also.

The Dragons Tongue is the tallest of all the autos at 28". It’s a bit lanky, but with a nice shape and compact form. It’s gotta a skunky, classic weed sort of smell.

The Earth Lover is 22". A really great pine tree shape with just the right amount of branching. I really like this plant. Nice chunky, very frosty buds on every branch, and it really smells like bazooka joe bubble gum.

20 Likes

Wow 46 days… that’s pretty impressive!!!

5 Likes

Ya they’re fast, it must be the cindy in them. A true 8 week strain is pretty rare!

6 Likes

Your G99’s look outstanding!!! I gotta get some ofo those in the dirt one day soon. Too many seeds, not enough dirt to grow them in, lol.

2 Likes

Ya I never used to have that problem, but this place changed that lol. The hardest part will be picking one of these phenos for a keeper, they’re really consistent

3 Likes

14 Likes

The 3 Orange Gojis I ran cannot be told apart by smoking them! So I know what you mean!!!

2 Likes

You’re thinking that’s the keeper? That’s #3 it’s a beauty…the #9 in the back right is definitely the chunkiest one though

Saw her, still pick # 3, like her form and look. In person Im sure you can tell by look/feel/smell…cannot do that in a picture.

2 Likes

Well you’ll have to come by and smoke all 5 to be sure lol, bring some orange goji and amnesia haze as palate cleansers!

4 Likes

Shields for the balls lol

2 Likes

Nature’s jock strap, never thought of that but you could be right lol

2 Likes

Plants are looking really nice. The Earth Lover looks like it needs some tinsel and crackers :joy: very Christmas tree shaped.

And you have a nice problem on your hands with the C99 phenoms. Could be tuff to pick the mama. I randomly chose 2 and cut 1 from each.

4 Likes

Ya it’s such a nice plant…well was lol. I got a small powdery mildew issue in my veg room and took all the autos down at 8.5 weeks as it was hitting them harder. It was pretty much done, so not a big deal. I’m excited to try CBD weed!

I’ve got clones of all 5 g99s, so once they’re dried I’ll do a smoke test and weigh them to pick a winner (or 2 :sunglasses:)

4 Likes

Well as I mentioned earlier I’ve got a bit of powdery mildew in my veg room. We had a ton of rain and the power went out for a few hours here, the basement flooded a couple inches deep without the sump pump… it took a couple days to fully dry and I imagine that damp, stanky air going into the intakes caused the infection. Luckily no sign of it in the flowering room!

I moved my intakes up to the ceiling, added more fans in the room, and hacked all my vegging plants down to only a few leaves. The Dragons Tongue and Earth Lover were the most infected so I took them down yesterday. They were pretty well done anyways.

I took the Fuzz and Dark Sparks down today at 8.5 weeks also.

The Fuzz, a really pretty purple plant with such an interesting smell:

The Dark Spark is quite a bit bigger, more green and a similar but more subdued smell:

22 Likes

Here are a couple plants from the shelf at the back of my flower room. These are a week behind the big plants on the screen, so they’re about 6.5 weeks in here.

G99 #4 pheno…very similar to the others on the screen in pretty much every way. Same tight dense structure, super crystally and no real complaints:

This is the Girl Scout Cookies pheno I kept from my last round. I had a feeling I could do better with it and it’s really turning out well this time. Its still a bit pissy about too much N and not enough cal/mag, but its still chugging along well. It’s got a very nice fruit punchy sort of smell:

18 Likes

@beacher where I used to live I was subject to flooding every year.
Only got flooded out once but the rest of the years I was sucking water up off the floor.
In shifts sleep 2hrs vac 2hrs, hydraulic leaks in the floor.

Be looking for black mold also it likes to hide in corners.
Fuckin shit thought I had my pm taken care of was wondering why it was so tough to get rid of.
The pm was coming from the black mold, just a heads up

7 Likes

Ouch that sounds terrible. We’ve been lucky here so far this is only the second time I think. I’ve been meaning to get a battery backup or something for down there.

No mould down there, I really cleaned it up when we moved in and also installed cold air returns to keep everything moving so it’s been ok so far, but pooled stagnant water on the floor is definitely not great lol. It’s less than ideal, and really makes me miss my old modern basement, but it works well enough for me.

2 Likes