Beacher - some past grows and future

It’s a couch lock stone. Great one to end the night with. Pleasant taste of earthy berries as well.

3 Likes

That’s what I was hoping. I realized I always go for sat dom stuff and need some indica in my life :+1:

4 Likes

Beach bum deal on the shot glass clones, I’d be willing to bet anti-pop-top flip flops that you’ll do wonders with the magnificent 7.

I gotta go find a milk crate for my paint can, keep the light on the leaves. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice lol. I’ll be putting up my ‘2 paint cans and a fence board’ shelf in my second bud room soon.

And ya I can work with 7 I’ll just make them a little bigger!

4 Likes

So I’ve been working on a new feeding schedule and its going pretty well. I was definitely drastically underfeeding this whole time I’ve been using Mega Crop.

My new veg blend (1.25gr MegaCrop, .5g epsom and .5ml Calimagic/litre) has been working perfectly so I think I’ll be sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

For bloom i’ve been experimenting with this:

Basically my veg mix for the first two weeks, then transitoning into something with more P and K. Now that my Treble Super Phosphate is here I’ve been using V2 for 3 or 4 feedings and so far no major issues…I was pretty nervous using that lawn fertilizer the first time I had no idea what would happen

Last night I took a few unhappy leaves to examine (there weren’t many)

Again keep in mind that these are outliers and the vast majority of leaves look great except maybe a bit lighter than I’d like and a small amount of tip burn on most.

As far as these go I’m seeing mild Calcium deficiency, and what I think is probably mild N and P deficiencies. Not too bad with only a couple weeks to go so I’m not worried, but going forward I might up the MC and/or super phosphate a bit.

8 Likes

Yeah I think those leaves are mostly P deficient, even before I read what you thought as soon as I looked at them I thought not enough P. Glad its working out better for you.

5 Likes

Good to have some consensus, thanks. I might try bumping the super phosphate a bit next feeding.

3 Likes

Hey man, bud room plants are looking great…

How’s the battle against PM going?

3 Likes

Thanks! The battle continues haha. I’m at a point now where I spray every plant every 7 days and rotate the spray (potassium bicarbonate, sulfur and lactobacillus). It keeps it I check and I rarely see any, but it’s a bandaid.

5 Likes

Had the big ladies out for watering and their weekly spraying a couple days ago…I only spray lacto once they’re past like 2 weeks into flower

GSC1 on left and FGxJS on right. The FGxJS is a real beast of a plant. Big nugs and very frosty, it even has crystals near the stem of most fan leaves. Its a nice strong sat leaning buzz too, but this pheno doesn’t have a very interesting taste…hashy and decent but nothing special. At least now I know I can dig through the seeds I made and there should be some quality there

FGxJS - i think this will be the biggest cola of this round

22 Likes

GSC3 (left) and GSC2. These were the 2 biggest yielders of the GSCs when I ran them as small testers. They were pretty close, but its sure looking like the #3 is going to yield quite a lot more this time…we’ll see. The #2 is my favorite as far as flavor and buzz, but I’ll choose a mother after this round where they’ve had more of a fair shake

They’re ripening faster this round too. I took them a bit early at 8 weeks last time, but I’m thinking 8-9 should be enough this time. I find most plants tend to go a bit faster as they get further in time from sprouting.

21 Likes

It’s a bummer there isn’t much smell or taste. She looks like a real beast!

8 Likes

Ya for me at this point all weed is fine potency wise so I tend to favor taste over just about anything else. The other pheno I had was a runt but tasted just like jungle spice…if I can find one that combines all the good traits it will be something special.

9 Likes

I agree with every word of your post, several of the highest potency strains taste like… yuck!
Your flowers look beautiful, as always thank you for sharing.

7 Likes

The original white widow was the most God awful tasting I’ve ever had.
Just down right medicine tasting.

8 Likes

Not a fan of all medicine tastes, but my fav terp is the one(s) that smells “like a bandaid”. It’s pretty rare I think, I’ve only ever had it a couple times. Probably most people don’t like it? I dunno I guess it’s a weird thing to enjoy, but it’s always smelled great to me and been accompanied by a nice effect.

8 Likes

Ya I get that, rubbery but in a different way. I’ve definitely come across it for sure

@OleReynard we used to have a widow cut from 98 I believe (the year it won the cannabis Cup in Amsterdam) and it had a nice electric lemon taste. It also yielded huge. Who knows wtf it was I’ve smoked like 500 ‘white widows’ over the years and they were all different lol

9 Likes

I tossed one of the orange goji males out on my sun porch just for kicks. I also saved a cutting of it and was thinking I might try to make some seeds with it.

Today I noticed that its throwing pistils out of a few of the male flowers. Its light cycle got pretty much reversed when I put it outside, so I would assume it would be due to stress from that. Anyone ever had this? Should I avoid using this male as it might have hermaphrodite tendencies?

10 Likes

I personally have no idea as I’ve never grown a single male plant, but it’s apparently a hotly debated topic…

Seems like the general consensus is that you might want to cull it, but also people point out that there isn’t much evidence for either position. :thinking:

6 Likes

My instinct and constatable ignorance brings me to cull it ges_down just to avoid the possibility of spreading defective genetics crazy0to , but of course it is not my stallion … frech|nullxnull

7 Likes