BeagleZ Corner

‘Necessity is the mother of invention’, good find/score, looks to have done the job just fine, making this work for you easier. it is a win win for sure!
what do you think? we could put some real cool grow swag on it and market them as the new hash micro plainer and sell these for $100 bucks. lol :wink:

6 Likes

Beayoooootiful!

5 Likes

I’d be lying if I said it didn’t cross my mind :wink:

6 Likes

Whoa, wait, you’re using that to sift the hash after it’s washed for drying purposes? That’s genius if so!

5 Likes

Yeah, its been in the freezer for over 2 weeks now @LegsMahoney , used that to sift it this morning and I’ll let it sit in the freezer for another week.
How do I know for sure when all the moister is out of it (?) is my only question I have left lol

6 Likes

Looks like my boy Joe judges it based on color… lighter=drier

7 Likes

if you drop a bit o’ hash on something hot and it sizzles, it’s not dry. Or you can take a bit out and press it hard between 2 layers of parchment and see if a drop of moisture comes out. Leave a bit to sit overnight and see if it gets darker.
For me the “sizzle test” in the terp slurper tells me the score even on something that seems dried out.

10 Likes

It’ll also crumble if you touch it or try to break it up if it’s dry, I had a couple larger chunks after
I microplaned mine and you could tell by looking at em they weren’t dry when the planes stuff was, they were much darker and if you touched the larger chunks they stayed frozen together, the other stuff that was dry was straight up sand texture and wouldn’t hold together until you applied some body heat to it.

8 Likes

Getting mostly lemon and pine, could be a little fresh pineapple in there so far @syzygy. She’s the outlier, the others are pretty fruity berry so far but the SpaceCowboys have a little moth ball thing happening as well.

7 Likes

Nice! One of my 2 favorite SunRas had an extremely strong woodsy/cedar smell with some citrus background. Sounds similar. The one in your tent’s growth reminded me of the super frosty “sativa” pheno that I had. Very interested to hear your take on it and am very tempted to pop a few once my SSDD project wraps up.

8 Likes

YES! Cedar is it!
I’m so bad at placing smells but yeah, I think that is pretty damn accurate

7 Likes

I’m smelling the cut you gave and I can confirm cedar/citrus.

7 Likes

I’m fucking livid!!! My wife just spilled all my hash is the freezer wtf!

6 Likes

Ya probably had it in the wrong spot on a flimsy piece of cardboard. lol at least it’s not lost down a register or sink drain .

Had those screw ups in the past .

6 Likes

Oh no! That blows. The immediate emotional reaction would be hard for me to keep in check… even though it’s an accident

7 Likes

This is why you should buy a second fridge: one for food and one for “weed/things that’ll fuck you up stuff” haha. We’ve got the one in the kitchen which is obviously for the food we’re gonna cook and eat and then the second fridge in the garage that houses all of my seeds, beer, shrooms and anything growing-related (malted barley, coconut powder, aloe, frozen trim that I swear I’ll make hash out of one day haha etc etc).

Anyway, that sucks, but I’m sure you’ll be able to salvage most of it. And if you can’t, there’ll be more hash made at some point. Don’t be too livid about it. Accidents happen.

13 Likes

It was in the chest freezer outside in the garage. I reminded her 1000 times to be careful and have me put anything in there that needed to be.
She was not paying attention, opened it up and thru a bag of salmon in without looking.

6 trays is now reduced to one.

Accidents are one thing but when you get mad at the person for spilling their stuff by not paying attention, that is a whole other matter.

I can not adequately describe the carnage inside that freezer

Yes, @minitiger. A second fridge/freezer has been on the list for a while but just got a bump to the top lol

9 Likes

Yeah I kinda lost it :open_mouth: oops.

But I must say, an “I’m sorry” would have been better than “I just fucking spilled all the damn dust or whatever everywhere that you had in the freezer”

10 Likes

I would be like: you basically just dumped 1,000 dollars worth of hash, so how bout that “dust”?!

7 Likes

Eh. In the grand scheme of things, what’s a grand? It’s not like this’ll be BeagleZ’ last hash run…

And I say that as somebody who’s about to start doing friggin’ Uber Eats and shit, just because I’m broke as fuck and can’t find a job haha… It all comes back in one way or another.

7 Likes