BeagleZ Corner

Well Fam, today is flower day 50 and we are coasting into week 8. A bit of fade here and there, the MC is showing the most so far.
The BR is still droopy but damn she has pretty buds that are covered trichs. SG looks good enough to eat. Getting real chunky now, ripening nicely. BBMxVBB is starting to fade a bit as well.

The bed got a couple waterings of H2O throughout the week and tonight watered in the last round of FruitFormula(pumpkinFFJ). Next week we’ll start on the HarvestFormula applications.

On with the fun
Group…

BBMxVBB…

SourGrape…

MidnightCowboy…

BlackRaspberry…

Hope everyone has a great week!
Y’all be good, good vibes y’all :sunglasses:

28 Likes

Lookin good man! How is the midnight cowboy smellin - looking forward to your thoughts on it. Havent been too many reviews so far.

7 Likes

Lots of chunky bud candy there .

8 Likes

Man I miss having a tent full of flowering plants. Can’t wait for the holidays to be over so I can get back there, everything looks good enough to eat my dude!

10 Likes

Thanks fellas!
@ramblinrose I’ll have to reach back there and pinch a sugar leaf tonight, but it was really reminiscent of the ValeTudo a week ago. Artificial grape-y-ness. Guessing it’s coming from the mendo purp.

Yeah @ShiskaberrySavior , it’s taking all my will power to not pop a few of SG’s. They look like tasty tasty morsels :yum:

It’s like a woman’s hair @LegsMahoney , we always want what we don’t have :wink: when I’m full of flowers I want a out of control veg tent and vise versa, it’s a vicious cycle lol

13 Likes

Got some flash shots this morning just after lights outs. Everyone’s a bit tired, but they sure are sparkly :wink:

Happy hump day y’all!

27 Likes

the sun tarot

Wishing everyone a sassy solstice! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

12 Likes

Damn those buds are looking nice. I’m at about the halfway point in flower right now.

Halfway point in flower be like

cmon-do-something-original-cmon

5 Likes

Some tanks in there buddy!

2 Likes

great looking flowers there :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks y’all :slight_smile:
I’m sitting here staring at these plants thinking about cutting all the leaves I’m tired of looking at off to get a better look at those flowers @Calix

What say y’all, strip the BR of the unsightliness?

I figure we are close enough to finish a little stress might help with some late resin production?

4 Likes

I always end up stripping ugly leaves for whatever that’s worth, I vote clean em up

4 Likes

I also vote to pluck the uglies.

3 Likes

I usually leave everything on until I can easily pull leaves/branches off, but I did the ever-so-slightest bit of defoliation for the current grow. I dunno if it’ll make a difference, but I did it, so… Too late now haha.

I’d probably just leave everything how it is, unless you can pull stuff off with a gentle tug haha. I don’t think I’d bust out the scissors at this point.

6 Likes

Too late, Hahaa. I’m usually not one to defoliate this late either but was just tired of looking at them lol.

5 Likes

Defoliate! Especially if they aren’t doing much except blocking the light from your lowers.

5 Likes

Deed is done, will throw a update up tonight or tomorrow :+1::+1:

4 Likes

See, though, this is the thing I’ve always kinda wondered about (although I’m pretty sure I’ve actually come to a conclusion on this already). It’s the leaves that “power” the plants; they absorb light and energy. The flowers are the result of said “absorbed energy.” Getting more light on the flowers doesn’t make them bigger or whatever, if I understand shit correctly. It’s the leaves that do the work.

Right? It seems to me that the more leaves you have, the more energy your plants will receive and convert, thus making your plants yield more and bigger, regardless of whether or not the flowers themselves get a ton of light. And regardless of whether or not the lowers are shaded or whatever, too.

I could be wrong here, but I don’t think I am haha.

Maybe leaving “lowers” on will result in a little larf, but I’m not sure hacking off the bottom-third of a plant really means the remaining 2/3 of the plant will be “better” or “bigger” or anything.

4 Likes

I’m not doing anything scientific over here. You have some great points about the leaves being the solar panels and it needs those for energy.

A little stress is good sometimes too. I just pretend I’m an animal in nature that loves to eat leaves and I can only reach the bottom third of the plant. She can handle it. I usually pluck a leaf or few every week of flower. But like I said, I’m no scientist. I just like plants and tinkering with shit.

5 Likes

Hahaha!!! Yeah, me, either. I’m just spitballing about the leaves stuff. I really don’t know, but it kinda makes sense to me to leave as many, uh, leaves on until they’ve just wilted or whatever.

I dunno… Obviously haha.

5 Likes