BeagleZ Corner

Some of my best buds were grown under my old Sun System 315 CMH but finished last 3 weeks under HLG LEDs. Love the mixed spectrum results!

7 Likes

What up Fam!
I haven’t got to any more smoke documentation’s yet but thought I’d update on the 4x4.
Girls got transplanted on Monday and are settling in nicely.
Starting in the front and going clockwise we have the SpaceCowboy #2, BlackRaspberry, SunRa and then SpaceCowboy #1 on the right.

SC#2

SC#1

SunRa

BR

Really excited to see the new BR, really different from my first one. Very fat indy leaf.
The SunRa is going to tower over everyone I’m thinking. Going to be on my training game this round. I say that now :wink:

Going to try to finish up the trim and sort of the last harvest tonight, I’ll try to get some pics up.

Y’all be good, good vibes y’all :sunglasses:

Oh also managed to snag a few new packs last night. Got another LavenderJack for my repro of that later on. A SunRa and a OldSoul. Couldn’t resist that Angel (angle)wing :wink:

28 Likes

Haven’t been around in a minute got some catching up to do but the garden is looking great everything super healthy good snags too!i had to get another a old soul pack I absolutely love the smoke gotta get the reports up soon but the smoke reminds me of good pot I got in the early 2000s terps on them are crazy

9 Likes

Looking fabulous there as usual!
Any reason for the way you planted them, by the sides rather than the corners?

5 Likes

I alternate, the last run was in the corners. By the next round the wormies will have taken care of the stumps

8 Likes

I was noticing that as well!
I actually thought it might be because with corner planting the roots run into a wall in 2 directions, whereas this way it looks like lateral (root) growth would be less limited. My mind was spinning!
Hadn’t considered the stumps. :thinking:

6 Likes

I’m waiting for the day someone with a big bed like yours starts a perpetual 12/12 wilderness. :smile:

Smaller harvests means less trimming, but also harvesting more often.
So it’s less work at one time and more spread out.
I’m really curious about yields long term, over a year or a few years.

Might be about the same, but who knows… maybe less, maybe more?
And saves electricity.

7 Likes

I have a 100gallon pot sitting empty :thinking:

9 Likes

7 Likes

Is it a 100gal one that came with the Take n Bake kit? I’ve been kinda wanting to make a “big ass lazy Susan” for underneath of it so I can spin it and have access to all sides of a plant.

I bet some billiard balls and handy work with a saw could make a dope spinning perpetual rainforest.

6 Likes

Yeah, the very same
I’ve been contemplating said contraption for a few years now LOL

6 Likes

Do it for science, truth and light! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Yields on smaller but higher plant count grows are higher than large plant big yield grows this was well proven in the old OG. Alot of times also big plants run the risk of bud rot.

7 Likes

True, plant counts suck though

6 Likes

Interesting @Mrgreenthumb is that due to quicker turn arounds averaged over several grows during say a year?

3 Likes

It can knock weeks off total plant life.

Also saves space vertically, with a rack you can have two floors on the same footprint.

I never move my light and the total height I’m using from the bottom of the pot to the top of the light fixture and a little extra is only 1 meter (40 inches). :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The soil in the top floor of the rack would get slightly warmed by the lights below, might be beneficial for growing the more exotic hot country cultivars/landraces.
Or mushrooms. Or can block it and let it dissipate sideways with heat resistant foil.

5 Likes

Cool. So we are talking about vegging to 4 nodes and letting em rip or less?

3 Likes

It makes photo’s behave like autoflowering plants basically.
They all start flowering at slightly different times and at wildly different size.
Harvesting can happen weeks apart when sowing different cultivars at same time.

3 Likes

I had some one tell me that if you are growing from seed and you start your plants at 12/12 and keep it at that through it’s whole life, you get explosive veg growth. Anything behind this claim?

4 Likes

“explosive veg growth” is very subjective, every plant is unique, some cultivars are faster than others.

4 Likes