Beam me up, BOG! (Sour Grape)

After doing more research, it’ll probably be pure coco tbh because I’ll be hand watering and I have shit to do lol

1 Like

I personally use a mix of around 25% / 75% Perlite/Coco. I hand water once a day. Seems to work ok for me. :v:

7 Likes

What size pots do you use?

2 Likes

Really depends. My last few runs have been in 3 gallon pots but I like 5 gallon if doing a bud run and wanting bigger plants. The bigger the pot, the less you have to worry about them drying out between watering’s. The other side of that is you mix a lot of nutes. Also using plastic pots instead of cloth can help with loosing moisture between watering’s.

10 Likes

Nice! I’ll follow along. Here’s to hoping all 13 make it!

2 Likes

So far, no germination after 24 hours. These are older seeds and weren’t stored in the fridge so they’re gonna take a while.

3 Likes

Good luck with your grow. You have a great strain there.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

I have good news…

100% GERMINATION BABYYYYY!!!

I’m stoked, I fully expected at least one of them not to pop because they weren’t stored properly.

23 Likes

Nice one! :grin::+1::fire:

2 Likes

Ok guys, this is where I ask for your help lol. How do I buffer my coco? I’m using one of those huge Coco Bliss blocks. I rehydrated it in a 66 quart tub last night and let it sit until this morning. I’ve rinsed it through a strainer until there was no tea looking water coming off and what was left was too big to go through the strainer. Now, I have cal-mag but idk how much to use. I’ve read to mix up a 150% strength solution and soak the coco for 36 hours. However, I don’t have 36 hours. I should have done this days ago but life gets in the way sometimes. My workplace caught on fire last night so I have 24 hours to get these seeds in the coco. What should be my next move?

4 Likes

This is an awesome site for info on growing with coco :grin::+1::fire:

6 Likes

Thank you so much dawg :muscle:t2:

1 Like

I always start out in Solo cups as some of you may know. 13 seeds, 13 18oz solo cups. 18oz x 13 = 234oz. 234/128 = 1.8 gallons of medium. I thoroughly rinsed my coir until my bathtub was absolutely fucked, then I moved it from the strainer to a bucket of 1.5x strength cal-mag solution with a Ph of 6.5. I don’t have an EC meter yet so idk the electro conductivity of the solution.

Now we wait 8 hours for the cation exchange to happen and then boom, off to the races.

Edit: I made 2 gallons of medium which is more than enough, especially considering 25% of the total volume will be perlite, but that part completely slipped my mind. Maybe don’t take bong hits before doing stuff like this for the first time?:sweat_smile: happy little accident.

6 Likes

All 13 seeds are in the cups and ready to rumble. I still can’t get over the viability of these seeds.

13 Likes

1 gallon of dyna gro Grow, apparently now known as Superthrive

3 Likes

A wise friend once said:

“MaxiBloom/MaxiGrow if you have soft water. Dyna Gro if you have hard water. Cheap 1 part nutrition. Everything I have grown is with those 2. “Nute lines” are a scam. Embrace cheap 1 part base.

I think a 2lb bag of Maxi is like $15

You can use just Maxibloom only. 1tsp gallon seedling-harvest. I’ve done it many times, works fantastic.

Now I just use Dyna Grow “Grow”.

1 part nutrient and pH up/down and you’re good to grow.”

Shoutout to @vernal for the advice

9 Likes

All but two decided to poke their heads out 🥹

14 Likes

Aaaaaaaand the addiction continues lol

6 Likes

Fellow seed addict myself. Only been collecting for a couple year

10 Likes

They gave me a few freebies but I can’t remember off the top of my head what they were but the one I selected was Mothers Hashplant by Bodhi

1 Like