Beans 4 St. Jude

I never knew much about this cause. I’ve heard of it but didn’t know what exactly they did. They sound like an amazing group of people :grin:

11 Likes

St. Jude’s might be the last most universally acceptable charity around. Helping to treat sick children at no expense to the families, I don’t think there’s a soul alive that could find fault with that one. Big :heart::heart: @LouDog420 for coming up with this one!

6 Likes

Thanks for the donation. Agreed, can’t get much better than St. Jude… Until now when you get some beans with your donation :wink:

Kushking, check your PMs and let’s get you some beans.

Hoping to toss some pollen on some fun projects here in the next couple months, and maybe we can put together another grand or two this winter season for our favorite charity with some new chucks. Stay tuned

11 Likes

Limited OG Chem x [OG Chem x Gorilla Bubble] available for St Jude donations.

OG Chem, same badass girl pictured throughout this thread and all over my IG. I selected 3 males from three different gorilla bubble generations (BX1F1, BX2, and BX3) to make the original OGC x GB. Took the original OG Chem mama and hit her to some pollen from a male found by Tonygreen from our chucked og chem x gorilla bubble seed stock to make the OGC backcross.

Unfortunately I can’t edit the first post anymore. Mods, can anyone help out? The hope was to keep the updated seed list there at all times… Until then, updated list below

14 Likes

CJSB gonna get the chop next few days. One of them starting to throw late nanners, its been full 70 days and I confused them with the light hick up, increasing from 12 to 13 on accident and then down to 10 last 2 weeks.

Does the linegae mean you first crossed 9 CJ females with a SB male and on another grow 2 SB females with 4 CJ males and then crossed the results of those 2 grows?

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be making another donation soon. Need some of the new babies.

3 Likes

Late single sterile nanners are very common in the casey lines with diesel/thai lineage. They shouldn’t drop pollen and just impact bag appeal. If they’re full sacks coming at node locations, that’s something else and more of a concern.

CJSB IX released to public = Open pollination of CJ x SB, SB x CJ, CJ f2s (very limited) and SB f2s (very limited).

I used flats of 36 at outdoor sites back then, so I filled out the tray with a couple of CJ f2s and SB f2s after popping the cjxsb and sbxcj. I cull anything weak/deleterious and pulled out any seed stock from anything that molded during the year and at harvest (pollinations occurred outdoors in consecutive years).

CJ x SB = 9 female casey jones x sour bubble male
SB x CJ = 2 female sour bubbles x 4 casey males
CJ f2s = casey open pollination, 9 females, 4 males
SB f2s = sour bubble open pollination, 3 females, 3 males

After culling, we probably ended up with a half dozen males and maybe 10-12 females, of which was further whittled down at harvest. I can’t remember the numbers since it was so long ago, but less than 50% make it through the pollinations and another 25%+ is culled during harvest/post when spotting mold or just undesirable flower traits…

That’s why I call it an incross. It’s not filial, its not backcrossing, its a hodgepodge of open pollinations and selections with the selection pressure being outdoor guerilla at roughly 40N-45N lat

Hope this helps, and that’s why I always tell people the cjsb is a search, but great plants to be found if willing to run a few extra plants and deal with the casey and outdoor/indoor intersex risk

7 Likes

Here’s one of my OG Chem x Casey Jones girls. This one has a wonderful sweet tropical smell. Day 61 since I flipped them

14 Likes

They are some chunky looking ladies you have there.:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Thanks! Really glad I f2ed these girls. I definitely want to look through a few more. Wasn’t really expecting this sweet smelling girl

2 Likes

Sweet tropical is casey terps

I had a f2 casey male I called the tropical fruit male, so right on point. Casey had 3 distinct smells I found, common was the sour/gas/funk, a very rare straight lemon candy, and the also common tropical fruit. When we selected bx1 males for the bx1f2 aka ix, we tried to pick one that was tropical fruity and one that was sour funk. Those were the same males used in the casey hybrids available.

Hopefully the OGC tightened up the flowers for ya with some extra density. Looks great, thanks for sharing.

I love sharing and pics, VA, hit me in the pm for a free pack of anything if you want it.

7 Likes

can i request these please?

Hang in there kids, we’re working on the fix fast as we can.

7 Likes

Hey @LouDog420 here’s my donation receipt!

Mental Floss is a grail strain for me, I love the effects, and obviously Casey isn’t around anymore, so I gotta try that CJSB.
MUCH LOVE TO YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE COMMUNITY!

7 Likes

Keep the donations coming boys and girls…

All caught up except for HeadyBear’s latest donation.

Tons of stuff coming down the pipe… Stay tuned

Good vibes,
LD

10 Likes

@LouDog420 Good morning to you, this donation was provided by @Dirtron who recently won a $100 prize of a medium grow kit. This OG was offered to give it back to me for a future event in exchange for a donation to World Kitchen to feed those in need or St. Jude. Together we wanted to help as many people as possible, the donation has been split $50 for World Kitchen and $50 for St. Jude. Both Donations are being matched to provide $100 for each.

Thank you @LouDog420 for making this possible.

9 Likes

Thanks for the donations @Heliosphear

Whoever wants to claim this latest donation, either you or @Dirtron , just send me a pm with your selected packs and we’ll get you sorted.

The latest available seed list is on post 184

Good vibes all,
LD

10 Likes

That’s me @LouDog420. I will DM you this weekend.
Thank You,
Dirtron
:robot:

3 Likes

Mental Floss and CJSB have landed! Just for back from vacation and had them waiting. Thank you

5 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks bud, pm sent.

Good vibes all, tossing some RKS x Chemd bx pollen from Chimera, found a couple special ak cuts, killer bubblehead plants (karma’s headbanger x tony’s gorilla bubble)…

always popping beans, good stuff coming down the pipe.

Smash that donate button, it’s for the kids!

12 Likes