Best auto flower genetics

Nice list :+1: wish we could get Mephisto out of stock seeds over here

Haven’t grown out Barney’s in a while. They were ok…some hybrids better than others. When visiting A’dam, Barney’s was always fun for a cup of joe and talk to staff at their shop.

Thanks for your welcoming comment, @Albannach.

We’re busy with numerous projects to get NM legalization rec going by April 1st and teaching organic grow methods.

Have stepped back from several forums. Filters are lacking with many these days.

Will lend advice when asked, and generously supply those in need of medicine reasonably.

I guess look at reviews of Barney’s latest creations. Grow em great!

1 Like

Seems now that Mephisto is schiz, (o’er yonder and here in the US), their products aren’t like days of yore. Still, many like growing them. Grow 'em if you got 'em.

1 Like

I’ve grown plenty of recent Mephisto beans and they’ve all been great. I think they had some challenges scaling the company and with their old website, but I haven’t noticed any reduction in quality of their product. Even their freebies grow beautifully, and are sometimes more fun than the catalog gear.

1 Like

Tent full of Meph (5 out of the 6 anyway)

Back row, L to R: Double Grape, Creme de la Chem, Strawberry Cheesecake (from Demonic Genetics)
Front row, L to R: Forum Stomper, Samsquanch, Walter White

They are all 55-60 days since planting the seed.

8 Likes

Looking good from where i’m sitting :sunglasses:

1 Like

I know you were working on Black Rose auto hybrid. What else is new on the horizon, ReikoX? Perhaps we can collab on a hybrid, si? I’m sure together we could give it a good run of “Best autoflower genetics”. No doubt!!!

Awaiting to hear from FEMALE SEEDS to enhance another project together like we did 3 yrs ago. With COVID mail restrictions, it’s a slow process. Most likely summer.

Finally Seed Law Label compliant (yay!)…a few messages back and forth to the Agric Dept, showing examples, getting seed labels approved, from their quite distinct format. Only a handful of state breeders, primarily med dispensaries, have even inquired, much less been approved. It’s a whole new (rec) world out there. It’ll be a “boon”- chaka-laca when there’s a local cannabis outdoor event selling wares, and now with Expo & website.

We’re ready!

4 Likes

Yeah, the Sugar Black Rose ended up showing some minor intersex in the progeny despite them being nice plants.

I’m currently working on a new cross, JLo. It’s a 1:1 THC:CBD photo, Juanita la Lagrimosa, crossed to a male Lowryder2 auto. I have it to F3 now and fully auto.

I would be happy to collaborate with you. Hit me up in the DM and I’ll get you some of my seeds to play around with.

3 Likes

@aridbud we just recieved a pack of your cherry wine cbd hemp for freebies from real Gorilla, what can you tell me about them? True Auto? How big do they get? Any other info you think would be useful? I’ve never grown a cbd hemp but might as well see how they do outdoor this year for us. I’ve tried a couple high cbd strains in the past but they were inconsistent, finicky and small.
My partner on this order can’t partake in cannabis due to constant drug tests for his work but this might be up his alley and I would think keep him under the threshold.

Thanks!

3 Likes

@Fitzera-
I’m thinking these are from SeedBay as I’ve not submitted gear to Real Gorilla seedbank. Same fellow runs both.

Regarding Cherry Wine, they are true CBD hemp seeds, first purchased in Colorado a few years back and I’ve made sure I have ample, either as Cherry Wine or crossing with other CBD hybrids. CW CBD hemp is a photoperiod, not autoflower (although we do have 2 stable CBD hemp auto hybrids we developed). I’ve had great success growing all CBD hemp strains/ hybrids at 12:12 light, seedling to harvest taking 3.5 months using 5 gallon container. You can grow them outdoors, as well. You can LST for more buds. Prefer that method over topping, but experiment with your grow!

True, just 0.3% THC and about 18% CBD.
As the name suggests, the terpenes in this hemp strain has a taste of sweet stone fruit layered with piney and peppery undertones. High levels of b-Caryophyllene and Linalool give this CBD bud it’s rich nose and a relaxing therapeutic effect. In addition to her sweet side, Cherry Wine is also a CBD rich powerhouse capable of delivering a lovely balance and smoking or tincture enjoyment.
These aren’t " inconsistent, finicky and small" They are the real deal! Grow 'em great!

Busy with several educational cannabis settings and selling of late. The local Veteran’s cannabis group are having a meet-and-greet soon, and will be both vendor (educational only) and speaker.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! And you’re correct about the seedbay/real Gorilla, I had to get some of Vermontmans green mountain grape to try at 52N this year!

@Fitzera

Sounds like a plan! Vermontman has some nice purps. Purple Satellite if I recall and the one you have. Hope you get a nice lip smacking grape pheno growing out green mountain grape.
So many hybrids, so little time…

1 Like

Tell me about it! And I keep buying more and making more :crazy_face:.

I’m hoping we find a nice male to make f2s, that way if these do finish in our area we can keep working with them and maybe find that faster pheno he talks about. I’d like to save some pollen as well, maybe hit a super Auto or something. It’s nearly impossible to find things that finish in this area that don’t have autoflower characteristics. Last frost as late as may 30 and it can get wet or freezing or both in the beginning of Sept.

I think @TopicalWave said he knows a person who grew the purple satellite to harvest in the same area, so I’ve got high hopes.

Every year equals at least one more generation (probably 2 or 3) of selective breeding for autos. Autos keep getting better and better. The downside is autoflower genetics will (and are) finding their way into everything. Preserving landraces and other rare genetics is even more important now than ever, which is the downside.
A buddy of mine did a seed run with some Northern Lights auto, and it turned out really good. It was full of seeds and had to be harvested early, but it was still quite potent.

Here’s a place that goes deep into autos, the good, the bad and the ugly. Apparently auto’s DO take some special work and finding a pheno that can replicate through breeding is not common. I’m trying my second go round with autos. The first got stunted and the smoke was so-so at best. So I’m only trying 1, maybe 2. Shaping Fire Ep.89 - Autoflower Shortcomings (and some solutions!) with guest Dan Jimmie - YouTube