Best strains to breed with SA Kwazulu - Besides Durban

so i pretty much hijacked your thread sorry

1 Like

I believe we have like 2,000 post or something before we run out of room.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the Purple Malawi :yum:, I know it has some indica but sativa looks and effects … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Thanks greorge, thats also from Ace if im not correct? How you doing these days george? :beers:

Mmmm. Mmm!! That old armpit grass! Makes my mouth water thinking about it😁 seriously I’m surprised they could sell it after that trick was spotted. Gross.

2 Likes

I see this is world of seeds Kwazulu. Some great plants can be found in there. … you are going for something that would be commercial quality? High yield, short flowering, compact?

2 Likes

Im not very concerned about those things but it would be nice to have those benefits in the end. It seems so many modern strains these days have been bred from middle eastern lines. I thinking about maybe using a Burmese/Pakistani cross to cross into this.
And… top of the morning to you @Upstate!

2 Likes

That would be an interesting cross. I’m partial to Balochistan genetics myself if we are talking Pakistani

1 Like

I mean…1000 potential answers.

If it were me, a C99 or Apollo 11/13 male.

Inbred and relatively uniform so you know exactly how it’s going to be.

A quick finisher (7-8 weeks), sexually stable, relatively narrow leaves. Should really temper the wild characteristics without making it “too modern”. C99 and Apollo lines are widely available and easy to acquire.

2 Likes

It would be. The red selection.

1 Like

the obvious answer is Black Domina but im biased

2 Likes

I bought a pack of c99 from soul a few years back. Never found a worthy male but did find a lovely keeper female. Thank you for contributing Vernal. Any experience growing kwazulu? I see more variations in the Zulu then the c99. With all the backcrossing Soul did, its very homogenous. At least this new C99 he’s pushing. Never got a chance to grow the original different (im from a younger generation).

1 Like

There’s a few on this list that I didn’t know existed. Not all South African, but I saw at least one that was that wasn’t Durban.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cannabistraininguniversity.com/blog/marijuana-strains/top-7-landrace-strains-from-africa/

1 Like

fixed your link

4 Likes

from that link
Rooibaard, also known as Swazi Red, is a South African landrace strain with origins in Transkei. It is named Swazi Red for its striking red hairs found on its buds. It has a high concentration of THC and a distinctive South African cannabis aroma that has earthy, woody, and coffee notes.This strain can produce euphoric and calming effects.t
that makes zero sense since transkei and swaziland 2 totally different locations 900 km apart

3 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate that

1 Like

It goes to the same exact place. MWgrower must of had a older link but its been redirected to the 18 when i pull it up.

1 Like

for me its just a picture

1 Like

Can you elaborate a little more on this?Differences between the area and the varietals. You probably have some local kowledge that could prove very useful as not all of have your experience in that area to know details like this about these things I’ll pull up what i have saved on South african stuff and see if i can follow along a little closer. Thanks

1 Like

Transkei is a coastal region that rises up towards mountains and Swaziland i a landlocked semi-mountainous sem-arid near Mozambique border and the idea that anyone would take Transkei weed with its paranoid pretty mediocre high and grow it in Swaziland (that borders with the durban poison area) is sort of silly

2 Likes