Best strains to breed with SA Kwazulu - Besides Durban

But so far we got (Congolese/Nepalese, (Thai/ Malawi) and C99/Apollo11/13 as our member picks… Keep them comming and Thank you for taking time to help a guy out!

1 Like

you must remember i haven’t been there in 30 years

1 Like

So whats not connecting for you in the description, you said it make zero sense. Im just curious is all. Little things usually mean alot in places like where your talking. Nevermind i see your edit now

1 Like

That’s gold man. Without folks like you chimming in and making me think about it I would be without a clue, that does make sense what your saying.

1 Like

When I was doing the Molokai research it became hard to read about the sheer horror and inhuman ways we conducted ourselfs in general, as humans. The Painful Shore was one the more vivid and realistic views of the cultural atmosphere of how life really was on that small island.

www.bootsnall.com/articles/the-painful-shore-among-the-dead-and-dying-of-kalaupapa-molokai-hawaii.html

All of the African land races contain potent plants within them. Even Transkei. The cat piss phenotypes can have a 4-Hour energetic High. Probably hard to find the good ones. I think genetics have moved all over South Africa at this point and that you can find any landrace in any region. Genetics move around there for the same reason they move around here. People like something different.
All of South Africa’s red varieties appear to have descended from Mozambique originally, circa 1200’s, via Arabic traders. It makes sense that you would find a trail of red varieties in every region following the trade routes out of Mozambique. More than one person believes that Rooibaard was originally from Transkei, perhaps crossbred or refined in Swaziland, but most likely all descended from Mozambique. Thay are far from the only genetics that contributed to the region. Indian genetics are mixed in, along with Indonesian or Southeast Asian genetics. I would imagine middle eastern genetics found there way down there as well at one point in history.
Zamal( in that link above) is a separate genepool with plants flowering 130-150 days or more. Zamal genetics are located in the Reunion Islands, far from the
African mainland.
Many of the land races in SA are similar because they are made up of the same original ingredients, eventually separated out by time, people and environment.

6 Likes

I can’t speak to crossing it but I’m fairly certain I’ve got a few world of seeds SAK I could send you so you’ve got more to work with, if that’d help (I’d have to double check after work). Was the first pack of seeds I ever bought, from Seed Cellar (an actual seed store for decades) in Jackson, MI

1 Like

Have you actually grown the kwazulu strain and smoked it? I’m asking because as a South African I find the landraces here are average at best compared to some other sativas from similar climates.
Nothing around here seems even remotely worth breeding with unless you are doing it for the novelty. About the only time its good to smoke is if you go on a trip to more remote areas and then its more from withdrawal and the vibe of the spots than the actual plants.
Maybe its because I’ve grown up with it and maybe got tired of the high but since I started growing other strains I’ve never ever touched it again.
That said, if its the real deal and you really want to breed with it, find a fast flowering really potent strain to pair it with. If you lucky it could make for a shorter flowering more potent plant but still with that racy get shit done kinda high.
Malawi is the best African strain imo and it would be worth breeding with but its flowering time is sooo long

6 Likes

when i left south africa and came to Holland i couldn’t function for a week before i got used the grass

2 Likes

All good things to keep in mind. Thank you for everyone’s honesty.

These girls need topped, cloned and flowered out. The clones will be what I’ll use work this further. Someone found something worth breeding at World of Seeds, for them to reach me…so we see if I can find this SAK useful in anyway.
Still plenty of time to pair the Zulu with something interesting.

How much did you normally consume during a average day before you grew different, imported varities?

I smoke a couple of bong hits a day. Had to smoke about double the amount of local stuff to get properly blasted. Lungs were not enjoying that. Guys will usually roll a couple of large joints or just chain smoke them. God thing is that it’s really cheap so you can smoke a bunch and it wont really dent your pocket.

The only real positive thing about the smoke is that it can last fairly long if your tolerance levels are low

1 Like

They were kindly gifted by Upstate but yes I think they’re from ACE seeds, he never misses their newsletters :grin:. I never repeat a strain but this will be an exception. Miss your avatar (rules of etiquette :face_with_monocle:), hard to recognize you but glad you’re still around … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

I think i can handle that, its kinda like buying dispensary weed compared to smoking what I grow in that aspect.

Yeah, thanks George. It changed throughout the year.

1 Like