BigMike55 and MarsHydro Go Crazy

I have a question for @ShitSeeds
This plant has done this since it first popped. Cant figger it out.
Genetics?
The other two plants are fine. All are on the same feed schedule. Same soil. Same everything. Never saw anything quite like this. Anyone???

17 Likes

I had one girl (BC) that was extremely light sensitive. I pull them out of the tent to water and would adjust the light intensity while plants were out. Putting them back in, the sensitive one would start to canoe and curl if she didnt like it. This happened pretty much immediately! She set the pace for ppfd levels in the whole tent. Not that this is the answer you are looking for, just my experience

4 Likes

I kinda looks like the new growth is chewed up. The leaves go ahead and grow out. Wonky, but the do grow out. There are no bugs present. I just can’t figger it out. Three plants. All the same strain. All treated the same. Same soil, light, nutrients. One gets screwy leaves. The other two are fine. I just have never seen this before and want to know what is causing it. Genetics? Something I may be able to fix? I dunno.

5 Likes

Here is me and the wife on our bike a few years ago. Maybe you could put a backdrop of cannabis bushes. And even some shorter ones in the foreground. Our hair is short. Take the hard hats off if you would like. Do my face with a flowing long mustache and a long soul patch. Howz that?

15 Likes

Have you tried yelling at it? :thinking:

4 Likes

You see any ears???

Think, man! think!

3 Likes

Got it, I’ll work out some pictures and bring them here. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Its cool to see Mars Hydro promote its stuff like this! Its a great way to get awesome advertising! I’m happy you’re getting this opportunity Mike, ill be along for the ride! @BigMike55 @MarsHydro

5 Likes

I’ve seen this in a few other strains. There is either a nutrient issue that triggered a defense, or possibly a root issue. But I dont think it has anything to do with the strain. Just a fluke.

Thats just my opinion, so take it was a pound of salt lol

6 Likes

Thanks brother. Not worried. Just had me a bit puzzled.
I will continue running these. Believe me, I have run way worse looking plants than these, haha. And turned out good buds.

5 Likes

Awesome. Keep posting if you can. I’d like to see what happens.

I once had a reveg plant that did this on every single branch. After about a month of toying with her, she finally started busting huge buds.

Plants are fun lol

6 Likes

What’s the longest you’ve ever seen your Buddha’s Cane vegged? I’m thinking of starting one in Nov/Dec for next years outdoors. This is what I did with my :uk: :cheese: and I think the BC deserves such an adventure. :smiley:

5 Likes

Amazing idea. I did something similar last season, and my BC was HUGE! I think I’ve posted about it somewhere…

She likes to get real bushy and thick, so be ready for it. Give her space.

4 Likes

Oh man, who needs a pound of Buddhas Cane?

… Everybody! That’s who!!!

3 Likes

Rascals are getting big.

Heres the wonky one.

Skywalker clone. Beastly!

25 Likes

Let me be the first to say they look extremely healthy

5 Likes

Thank you sir! Just trying to keep up with you GREAT growers. Hehe.

4 Likes

I’m about to up pot these girls anyways. I have a brand new bag of Happy Frog soil and will be putting these into 5 gallon cloth pots. See how it goes after re potting.
I’m kind of a perfectionist, to be honest. If everything goes well, Mikey is happy. When stuff doesn’t go like it’s supposed to, I get irritated and HAVE to find why it did that. Just me.

7 Likes

FUCK YASS! Done. It’s now #2 on the list for 2023’s outdoors. (#1 is still :uk: :cheese: lol).

5 Likes

Mike, it probably is genetics related…

Up here in far Northern Cali we have a violet that is indigenous, and grows as a ground cover.
The leaves ALWAYS begin with these ugly little ‘whorls’ that are all notted up…
Honestly, I have never seen it in any other plant, but given a little bit of time they all expand to be perfectly normal…

13 Likes