BigMike55 and MarsHydro Go Crazy

Thanks brothers. There ARE pretty outstanding plants.

5 Likes

Ok so both these leaves come from Buddhas Cane plants. Two different phenos? Which do you prefer.? @ShitSeeds

17 Likes

I like the bottom leaf. Both look so healthy!

One of the greatest albums ever produced.

Q. What percent did you run your LED on and how far above the canopy, through mid Veg?

5 Likes

For seedling I had the lights at 45% and 24 inches from the plants. About mid veg I started inching the level up. To around 60%. Stayed around 2 ft from the canopy. Right now, 3+ weeks into flower, I have the light set at 75% and set about 16-18 above the canopy. I’m going to try to increase it to about 85%. The fan leaves on the bottom are starting to fall off due to not enuff light penetration. The leaves on these girls are pretty big so they are blocking much of the light. I have been tucking leaves a lot to expose the budsites better

7 Likes

Right on! Thanks! I just bumped mine up to 55% at about 20" this morning… i am still learning the ways of LED :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s the only way to go in my opinion. :wink:

3 Likes

Funny. I just yell at my plants to GROW BETTER regardless of the fixtures set %. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Starting to fill in nicely my friend. Looks like some chunky nuggets are in your future.:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Beauties there man :fire: :fire: :fire: props :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

You have grown enough bud to know you cant judge a plant by it’s leaf :sunglasses:

That being said, i go Sativa always, so bottom leaf more to my liking, even though it is not "Sativa " enough for me, lol

3 Likes

I wonder if the fat leaves indicate that it will lean more toward an indica like stone (pheno wise).

1 Like

That’s what I was wondering. Generally speaking the wide bladed leaves indicate an indica leaning, narrow is generally sativa. But with modern hybrids, that’s not always the case.

5 Likes

Man, I LOVE my Island Sweet Skunk. Never fails to get me where I wanna be.

7 Likes

I saved back one bud from your ISS for New Years celebration.
Hopefully I’ll smoke a little to celebrate in Nov. lol

4 Likes

Your ISS is true quality man, remarkable smoke.

3 Likes

@BigMike55 Hey bud, sorry for the late reply. I LOVE the fat leaves and thick veins on the more common pheno of Buddhas Cane. The thinner leaves are rare, but do happen periodically.

As for the fat leaves leaning heavier into indica, I dont think that’s the case, although I have never tested them to confirm. By the smoke, it stays somewhere in the middle. Some people get couch locked, some people get up and clean the whole house lol

I’m going to smoke a dab of it this morning and see what happens haha

10 Likes

By the way, I hope you didn’t get miffed at me for giving out a couple cuttings to a (very) few buddies here. They were just growing so well, I got over zealous and just had to share. It was only a couple guys here that I have become close with.
Anyways, these have been, so far, my absolute prettiest plants I have grown. Those buds are spectacular. These girls get better looking each day. Thanks for getting her out there.

7 Likes

You just made my morning very special. Thanks buddy.

From a biased perspective, I totally agree with you. Buddhas Cane is a beautiful plant. Wait till you see the fade. Its such a nice show.

As for clones, I am always happy to hear the community is sharing our work. This is literally the reason we do this. If we were here to make money, we’d be using foil packaging and charge hundreds of dollars hahaha

13 Likes

So it’s been a few days since pics. How bout I catch a few.

Here’s the 2X4 tent with the @MarsHydro SP3000 light. Incredible growth. 30 days since the flip.

28 Likes

Beautiful man! They look so happy!

4 Likes