BigMike55 and MarsHydro Go Crazy

Thanks for stopping by @nefrella
This has been, hands down, my favorite grow session, so far.

4 Likes

wonderful ladies and so healthy, it’s just natural to develop some junk in the trunk :smiley:
awesome job, mike!

So, I had turned my SP3000 light up to around 85%.
Considering I keep the house at 73°F on the thermostat, the heat from the light pushed the temps to close to 100°. That is in a closed tent. With a 4" exhaust to remove as much heat as it can. If I open the tent up at the top, during lights on, I get around 85°. It goes to about 80° with the tent door wide open. But then I lose the reflective light. I turned the light kit down to around 75-80%. See if I get a good compromise. It may also be that I have two tents in that room blasting light for 12 hours a day.

7 Likes

Morning @BigMike55, I am surprised by how much those lights are pushing the temps, I guess the 4 inch fan is not enough to keep it down. Maybe an additional 4 inch might do it

3 Likes

I may need to reposition my exhaust filter. It’s on the floor. But heat rises. So it is much hotter at the top of the tent than at the bottom. I will reposition it to the top and see what difference it makes. Other than that, it may need a 6" setup.

6 Likes

I have brand new 6” fans I am not using……

5 Likes

I would bet that will make a huge difference. :dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

3 Likes

I always put my exhaust in the ceiling and the intake down to the floor. For just that reason cuz. ‘Heat rises, cold sinks’… I’m almost positive that will make a big difference, but having never grown in that small a space, I could be wrong! Hopefully, your problem will be solved then. But like oldjoints, I have several 6"centrifugal fans, from when we had a commercial grow going, some new some used. Fans, lights, timers, ductwork/connectors, LEDs, etc and you’re welcome to whatever of it you think you can use to help you grow.

9 Likes

Appreciate it guys. Problem is fixed. Was not really a PROBLEM but I did make it better. I was at 84 degrees with the filter on the floor. It is now next to the ceiling and I have 79.1 degrees at the canopy. I like that better.

8 Likes

How about some new pics of my girls. These are the Buddahs Cane at 40 days of 12/12 lighting.

20 Likes

This is the other tent.

I think these ISS flowers are quite stunning.

27 Likes

Stunning indeed. Great show @BigMike55

3 Likes

7 Likes

Those puppies ARE getting a little frosty eh?

4 Likes

That iss kicks ass for sure, 79 is perfect for these fine girls… this grow is off the charts for sure

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I would say definitely evacuate the air from the top of the tent and bring it in from as low as possible; I would bet that that placement of the fan is the crux of the heat issue. I would think a 4" (depending on cfm) would be large enough for a 4x4 tent: I currently use a 6" for a packed 4x8 plus an additional 2x4 veg space . I do usually push people to use 6" fans just so they can have the option of eventually growing into a larger space, if they ever decide they would like to expand their grow… bigger plants kick down really nice nuggage. Add a speed controller and the 6er’s flow can be adjusted as required to save electricity and lower noise levels when the fan’s full power isn’t necessary.

4 Likes

Looking excellent. I miss not having any flowering plants veg is kinda boring.

4 Likes

I just didn’t think it would make that much difference in the small tent.

5 Likes

You have this grow looking so dang healthy Mike! They look like they couldn’t be happier. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks brother. Hope all your clones made it and are picking up steam.
This grow has been incredibly helpful to my mental state. I always say, I get as much benefit from the growing as I do the actual using. When I walk in there and see how well they are doing, it always makes me grin real big.

6 Likes