Blkmetal's Hybri-Tech EliteXElite reversal project and more

Finally harvested the seeds for Wedding Cake. :smiley: They will be available in the giveaway on September 15th :smirk:

11 Likes

I grow in cabinets a lot, for a long time. I was asked to show some of my cabinet grows. Here are a few. :smiley:

10 Likes

A breeder friend of mine said to use a matchbox and sand paper, and shake it around to scuff up the shell to allow water to penetrate.
Good luck and happy growing everyone! :green_heart:

2 Likes

@blkmetal . looks like you knocked it outta the park with that Wedding Cake! Beautiful plants over all, as well! Grow On cuz!
Iā€™m currently trying the eXe also, just sprayed the pollen donors yesterday lol keeping my fingers crossed!

5 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed Thanks cuz! I appreciate it! :grinning: :v:

Oh yeah? Nice! Let me know how it goes. :wink: Itā€™s hard to believe that one spray does the trick. lol

1 Like

Welcome to OG! Be sure to check out this thread and meet everyone!

Thanks for your comment! Yes a matchbox lined in sandpaper works and you can also roll it like a tube and shake the seeds. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you blkmetal for your work on this thread! :metal: It REALLY helps people like me not waste time and money on inferior products! Some of the genetics that Iā€™m (hopefully) getting soon, are so rare, that theyā€™re condidered virtually extinct! I CANā€™T take chances! I have people searching fields and farms in Africa for what I need! No joke! I want the BEST stuff on Earth!

Thanks for the info brother and happy growing brother! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! Glad it helped you! Thanks for the kind words! Good luck on your search and happy growing to you too! :grinning: :v:

4 Likes

@blkmetal so you just spray the plants bud sites and let it pollinate itself ? or do you need to have other plants with it so it pollinates them. and are the seeds fem or regs after ?

1 Like

Not sure what @blkmetal has done. But for me, I sprayed the entire plant. One feminized black cream auto. Soaked her, top to bottom. She showed me the sex-change operation was somewhat successful tonight by showing my some balls! No pollen yet of course, its barely been a week, but I will separate him, collect pollen, and selectively pollenate other female plants (autos) hereā€¦ Since there is no male chromosome,the resulting seeds should all be feminized seed. You need a true male plant to make reg seeds afaikā€¦

2 Likes

so that 60usd isnt so bad once you find an amazing female and turn her into fem pollen! 60usd is approx 350 canadian give or take ,

3 Likes

Its not the cheapest option. But if it works, and I get viable pollen from this one, and can pollinate those crosses? Definitely worth it, considering Iā€™ve used barely 1/8th of the bottle, perhaps less. Spraying a full auto, before flower, its quick, thereā€™s not much plant in a months time! LOL Doesnā€™t use much eliteXelite either (they do warn to watch overspray). Just getting a few dozen seeds back from the black creams would pay for it and then some, especially if they resemble the originals (it wonā€™t make clones, but they should be pretty close to the originals from what I have researched)

3 Likes

what strain is the black creams ? i find some strains just wont clone for me also no matter how many times i try

I got mine thru seedsman, made by sweetseeds. this is the writeup on them from northatlantic seed co

Black Cream Auto | North Atlantic Seed Company

As an auto, there is no point to cloning. When I said it wont make clones, I meant, seeds identical to the parents. Reversing the black cream and pollinating another black cream can bring out something genetically not seen in the original seeds. Slight chance, but its good to know the resulting seeds arent necessarily identical to the parents in a cross like thatā€¦

edit: I think the eliteXelite will be awesome for auto growers, considering the number of feminized seeds out there. Sadly, it wonā€™t create male chromosomes, and ya still need a real male if you want to introduce them. But its also great for preserving things where you only have one plant (photo), you can make clones, reverse one, and get seeds that wayā€¦ It seems MUCH easier than CS or STS, but to be honest, I havent done either of those methods myself. But so far, one spray and it looks to be working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes! @Nagel420 Pretty much covered it. I spray the sites and plant really well and wait for the sacs to form and fill with pollen. They recommend spraying until runoff avoiding overspray.

I then collect the pollen and store it for future projects, and I use another clone to pollinate and make the seeds. The pollen collected from the female will not have male chromosomes.

You could spray a branch or part of a plant and wait for the sacs to form, then pollinate the remainder of the plant when buds are ready, using one plant. :thinking: :v:

3 Likes

I had thought of doing that,but was concerned it wouldnā€™t be enough of the plant to have the desired effect. So I just followed the instructions this time. I have plenty of eXe remaining, I will certainly try just the lower branches next timeā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah I hear you. I was skeptical about it working at all. :wink: I used spare clones. I have a new habit of taking an extra clone when I clone anything.

Iā€™m gonna do a branch or lowers also next time. I canā€™t see myself using STS or CS again. I guess Iā€™m burned out on using them, regardless of price.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t updated in a while. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Hereā€™s some Sowah Bx2s in day 60. The leaves had some early damage from the led. The buds donā€™t careā€¦haha.
Iā€™m gonna take them to 70days. Need the space. They have been flowering under a 11 on 13 off schedule.

12 Likes

Well done @blkmetal ! :clap:t3:You have some impressive works here. Mmm chocolate rain. Looks quite equatorial. Iā€™m glad I stopped by. That spray looks revolutionary to use. The insert has very interesting literature to it. Now I can easy solve the space problem later, just self it and shelve it :sunglasses: I was worried w the plants I have now that I couldnā€™t keep all the best once I know, now it is possible. Incredibly helpful. You are an asset my friend :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! Yesā€¦I like to flower it on 11/13 also.
I need to revive them.

Itā€™s a cool shortcut. We have had some plants on here that did not produce pollen but make sacs. Could be a number of reasons. Genetics, strength, application, or just didnā€™t like it.

Thatā€™s basically what I do. I also store pollen and make fem crosses.

Thanks! very appreciated. :smile: Iā€™m glad you and others are finding value in this thread. :wink: :v:

4 Likes