Blue star Blsu and Star dream

I’ve taken down the 250w mh and hung my 300w bar light omg the difference is phenomenal, it’s way above anything I expected :star_struck:

The mh was 38k lux in the prime spot, the bar light is set 25" from the tallest plant 100% power, I’ve taken this reading from the the top of the shortest plant.

I’m pretty shocked at the difference in intensity and the spread I’ll need to keep an eye on them for light stress.

As I left them.
On the star dream I’ve removed a few leafs here and there to let light down to the lower shoots.

Thanks for stopping by, take it easy :+1:

6 Likes

There’s plenty of sound advice around here, if I can help don’t hesitate to give me a shout.

Have you completed a grow?

2 Likes

Have complete many, but around 17 years ago.
Recently started again and the littles are still in vegetative stage. I have a grow diary somewhere in this forum.

Happy growings!

2 Likes

Nice one it’s like riding a bike lol.
You might be a little rusty to start but you’re already a accomplished grower, you’ve untold info your not aware of, your not starting from scratch so to speak.

Happy growing i hope you get some fire :fire:

2 Likes

Hey folks, I’ve taken a few pics, some of you might notice they’re looking a little yellow?

I was expecting this after changing to led it’s not calmag related it’s the ec needs increased.
I mixed up a batch of 1.5ec yesterday so I anticipate them looking greener in a couple days?

Trying to track the progress of each plant is proving to be challenging, between a dodgy back and time available it’s not practical.

The 1st plant i defoliated to slow down is conveniently placed so I’ll keep updating its progress.
It’s at the front right

It’s moving in the right direction :+1:

Eta…
Temps are not ideal but I can work with them.

That’s the ambient air temperature, directly under the light even at 2ft there’s another 2-3c

Take care folks.

4 Likes

This might interest some of you, as I’ve mentioned i use run off as a guide to ec.

While using the Mh light i was feeding 1.2ec and getting 1.2ec in the run off.

In the last couple of days since using Led I’ve increased the ec to 1.5ec and I’m getting 0.9ec run off now.

I fully expected this it doesn’t fail, what’s surprised me a little is the height of light in relation to the ec, normally it doesn’t drop quite so much with the light 2ft away.

I’ll keep an eye on the plants but I suspect I’m going to have to raise the ec again.

Let’s see what happens?

Take it easy!

4 Likes

Happens to me a lot,except I never saw a change in EC because I only grow under leds.I also expect a GREAT EC as runoff instead I got few hundreds less.
1.0 going in
0.7 out
Like that

1 Like

I’m sure i can see a difference in them, taken today?

Taken yesterday

I swapped a couple of plants around when I was feeding them for a better fit.

@Andrexl Hey buddy, what do you get a lot of, I’m not sure i understand?

Cheers!

4 Likes

Happens to me many times,going in nutrient solution Is higher than runoff values more than 0.2Ec
Btw you plants look very healthy,I love that green

1 Like

OK sorry, I’m with you.
With a 0.2 difference that’s acceptable imo but in my case it’s dropping 0.6ec, that’ll fall again when I increase the light intensity then it’ll start to level out after 2-3 weeks.

Idk for sure but I read that as a sign of hunger, if it comes too high too frequent I lower it, ime it seems to work.

1 Like

Good catch. Looks like the right one is blsu and left is sd by phenotype.

2 Likes

That means their hungry. Im at 2.5ec from seedling with led, and they look flawless. I drop ec slowly after bulking. Bump up that ec and watch them thank you.

For reference im in 1 litre 6" pots of coir.

5 Likes

Good morning folks,
It’s day #10 today since flipping.

This morning before feeding i increased the ec to 1.8, after feeding i got 0.8ec run off.

1st thing soon after light on.

I done a bit of defoliating on the same plant i did on day one to stall its growth, it’s now at the back right.

It’s quite astonishing how quickly nutrient gets used/taken up over this period.

Take it easy folks, have a nice weekend!

Eta… Sunday 19th
16.5", 17", 18"
The 1st defoliated is no longer the tallest plant.

Removed a few leafs from the front left star dream (shorter ones)

Eta…February 20th
#3 plant 19" tall originally left untouched.

#1 plant defoliated to begin with is now 18" tall.

4 Likes

It’s two weeks now since I re potted them to 5ltr pots, and 12 days since flipping ± a day.

The star dream (short ones) are circa 12" ± 1’ the blsu is circa 18" ± 1’

The defoliating i done on #1 blsu at the start appears to be working?

The plants originally untouched have caught up with it.

The day i re potted

It’s possibly coincidence but it appears to be a constant with the limited defoliating I’ve done, ideally I need clones to try it with.

Feeding them this morning i realized that they’re not drinking a great deal of nutrients it’s circa 300ml a day?
It’s on the cool side 24/25c the humidity is circa 70% ±6%

Eta… February 21st.
Swapped to Led 7 days ago.

Back right #3 19/20"

Back middle #2 17-18"

Back right #1 18-19" (1st defoliated)

Eta… Later on 21st defoliated the blsu again.

Eta…
February 23rd #3 plant is put on 2" the other 2 aren’t sprouting at the same rate circa 1/2" growth from them, i defoliated #3 again on the 23rd, I removed all leafs over 3" anything smaller was left intact.

It’s nearer the end of week three 22" isn’t bad at all but I’m expecting a burst of vigorous growth?

5 Likes

Hey folks, I’ve a few updated pics, blsu 19/22" tall, star dream 10/14" tall.

I dropped my tape measure and wiped two branches, I’ve wired them into place they appear to be ok.

The green tie wire is holding them until they’re repaired.

A couple of days ago I added a 135w led to give a bit more heat and even out the light spread.
I’ve also increased the nutrient strength to 2.0ec, i can see a few burnt/dried tips which i suspect it’s light related as it’s confined to a few leafs on the tallest plants, that’s just a logical guess idk know for sure?

@Josh_Blue hi buddy, it’s nearing the end of week 3 do you think there’s still time left for the blsu stretch vigorously?
Cheers.

Take it easy folks.

Eta…
Sown on the 6-7th on January, re potted on the 6-7th February and flipped a day or two later so approx 4 weeks veg and 18 days 12-12, as far as I can see they’re still throwing twin nodes!

Eta…
Light intensity…
40k lux max at the tops 30k lux max at the shortest the light is at 20" from the tallest tops 300w @86% (255w) + 135w = 390w

Temps… 24/25c day rh% 70/75±
16/18c night 70%

5 Likes

The blsu stretched up ablut 30% more than the star dream. Seems like your on pace. They can stretch up to 40% of the flower cycle, so up to around day 25 to 30. Maybe up to 35 to 40 days depending on how mature they were when you started flowering. Then there shouldnt be much besides flower development.

That tip burn may have been deficiency from the lighting demand. The increase in ec will help. Also if they dry back too far it can cause the tip burn.

3 Likes

Hmm? idk how i arrived at nearing the end of week 3 when i only re potted them 18-19 days ago :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I flipped them a day or two after re potting so it’s really only 17± days since I flipped them?

I,m trying not tie them unless I absolutely have to so today I nipped the tip shoot out of the 3 blsu.

Tipped/fimmed in 12-12 past experiences suggests it helps stem vertical growth and encourages the lower growth up.

Here’s a example of it, idk if it affects the end weight but imo it’s worth the trade off if there is one?

I’m still feeding 2.0ec ph 6.0,
Over the last 3 days I’ve seen a slight increase in the run off ec, for 3 days it’s been rising 0.1/0.2ec a day so it’s all looking good.

Eta…#2 Blsu has started to alternate nodes, from what I can see 1,3 are still twin node.

Take it easy folks.

8 Likes

Love your work.The plant flower clusters are incredibly compact and fat.
To compare I have lowered my EC From 1 to 0.850 for the final 10 days.Seeds are Brown and very Little green hue,so I’ll give the plant 10-15 more days to accomplish its tasks.
Lowered temps too and wattage a Little.
Same pH,Rh lights on 58% and off 61-53%

(Autos not photos)

4 Likes

Very nice buddy it’s looking great, very healthy for its age, well done :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Sorry bud I forgot to add, the size of the buds imo is genetic it’s not any magic trick or magic sauce lol, there was a plant in growing along with it only yeilded 62g with the same care, feed, light etc.

4 Likes