Blueberry (Peak Seeds) and Purple Romulan (Next Generation) Grow

I don’t remember what the gens are but I’m gonna bite on another one.
Top 5 list for me.

1 Like

In case anyone was interested here is a shot of my Purple Romulan male. Not stretchy at all, stacking stamen like a corn cob, taking a while to drop pollen - and some purple to the stamen to boot!

A bit beat up as he doesn’t get much attention - but should be dropping a bunch of pollen shortly.

16 Likes

Is this from next generation seed?

2 Likes

Yup!

Physically looks close to your Romulan IBLs (from the photos I have seen) don’t you think?

Looks closer to the smaller pheno of the 2 females I have. It’s the one with a more peppery scent at the moment.

2 Likes

Taylor is to be running the original Romulan Joe a Canadian original.
Joe the original breeder is now a vineyard owner got out of mj.
The original breeder from Federation came over to next generation with his genetics.
Unfortunately there is no straight up Romulan anymore closest you can get is an f4bx.
Well that statements wrong I’m sorry theyre just not letting it out , locked up tighter than tight, I tried.
They turned down quite a bit of money for some beans.

7 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking who is Taylor?

The manager of Next Generation

2 Likes

Ah! Sorry - I thought the dudes name was Jay

Ok! 5 week mark tomorrow… blueberry plants are starting to shape up, slower than the PR for sure, but at 5 weeks starting to shape up.

Here’s the best smelling of the lot, the blueberry candy girl:

I crisped her top from being too close to the light… rookie move and I knew it at the time. Oh well. Peak had told me to hang on - week 5 they’ll look ok, week 7 they should be banging… so let the show begin (hopefully). I did hit this one with some grape krush pollen… so hopefully that takes.

The Purple Romulan are going wild! Here is the shorter, black peppery one:

Coming along well, bit not really stinky - so we’ll see what happens.

Here is the tall pheno and she is a yielder! Looks like it will be ripe at 8 weeks potentially too which is cool.

Kinda hard to place the scent on this. Faint fruitiness, maybe some spice but again not a lot of odour. But lots of weight!

Hit them both with my Purple Rom dad pollen so I will have f2s. The dad more resembles the smaller spicier girl, but had good form and stamen development so should be a good match.

7 Likes

Those burnt tips aren’t the BB,s I hope?
Way too much fertilizer for them

You doing f2’s of them?

1 Like

How would you rate Peaks BB so far?

Burnt tips are the Romulan as they really started to fade - so I hit them a bit too hard. They needed food where the BB hasn’t needed anything.

Yep - pollinated both moms with the dad I had… so will have a few F2s to wade through.

Both of my BB dads threw pistils so they got binned. I did hit the candy smelling plant w/ grape krush pollen and may hit more with some C99 pollen (if it’s viable still).

3 Likes

It has wonderful smells from a blueberry candy to a sweet perfume.

To date they are not super impressive from the yield side - looks like it will be leafy, but I knew going in that they are unimpressive until about 5 weeks (which is where I’m at). If they fill in well over the next four weeks it will be good!

2 Likes

Yep them Romulans are definitly feeders

1 Like

Had a bb candy pheno from Jack’s Beanstalk that was yummy

2 Likes

6 week update - all doing well, Purple Romulan packing on the weight. Here’s a family shot:

The big beast on the right is the big purple Romulan.

Purple Romulan up close:

Here are the Blueberries, candy pheno:

Floral Pefumey Pheno:

19 Likes

Purple ROM from next Gen?

2 Likes

Yep - that’s the one

3 Likes

Nice looking plant…

2 Likes

Guess I should’ve looked at the title

1 Like