Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

Anybody else wish that B would bring back the Etsy shop?? All my tees are starting to get a little ragged

20 Likes

And the unique bonus packs

6 Likes

:smoking:

I stumbled into some Cookies “Congo Kashmir” … 65$ 1/8 at the dispensary

Overpackaged to the max, dry AF, not muc smell or flavor, maybe a bit of black licorice going on. Unremarkable effects.

So glad Bodhi changed his mind. :joy:

Aloha friends

:evergreen_tree:

18 Likes

I got a pack of SSDD x Grape stomper from legendary genetics, and I can’t seem to find any info on it. I believe Snowhigh said on the potcast that legendary genetics was a collab with bohdi and some other cali growers that got derailed due to covid and his health. I can’t even prove its the same company, so I’m a bit skeptical.

I can’t think of a better group of people to ask about this cultivar. Anybody try it or have any meaningful info beyond the JBC store page?

6 Likes

Sounds pretty sketch to me. Snowhigh’s company has always been ‘legendary genetix’, no cs on the end. and he’s almost always worked with landrace or near varieties, at least for one half of the cross. Never ever seen him have nor talk about ssdd nor grape stomper. :thinking:

8 Likes

It is sketchy, no question. Not sure if they were just copying snowhigh or if they were none the wiser. They’re definently a different person, as I was able to track down the date they were added to JBC via waybackmachine just now, and they were referred to as “new to the scene”

3 Likes

Pretty sure I have a freebie pack of that as well.

4 Likes

I bought them on a whim, in a search for some SSDD crosses, and ended up getting some SSDD x Kush 4 F2s from a kind member here on OG.

9 Likes

did you grow any of those f2’s out yet? pretty curious on the kind of stuff people find in those… I loved the f1’s

7 Likes

No, but they’re high on the list. Chopped some Consumption x Choc thai from akbb this morning, I’m veging out some chem fuego from lucky dog and Mango C5 haze from sativa hoarder seed co, 2 solo cups with Space Monkey that I have no idea what to do with since I grow entirely hydro lmao, and I have plans on making some Dynasty Pineapple Fields F2s this year, a but when it comes time to pop new beans, they’re near the top of the list!

10 Likes

Same. Really loved all the SSDD crosses I’ve tried (except one) and enjoyed them more than the SSDD F1s that I went through.

Seems like yield is the primary concern or trait that the breeder thought was noteworthy in that SSDD / Grape Stomper cross listed above

Their testing approach seems puzzling to me so you may want to keep it in mind if you don’t have a “perfectly dialed in” environment

It is very important to us to keep the genetic lineage stable so we only release a strain after it has gone through at least 3 successful trial grows without a single abnormality. Our grow facility is indoors and of smaller scale so we are able to keep conditions dialed in and controlled perfectly.

from their JBC page.

16 Likes

Yeah that doesn’t really make sense to me but what do I know… all of my grows end up being some sort of stress test for the plant lol

16 Likes

Couple lavender Jack females about to head to flower soon.

41 Likes

Seems like an excellent testing strategy… so long as your primary concern is not testing the plants, but making sure that you have something to tell growers who are annoyed their plants are herming. :thinking:

12 Likes

FYI the Bodhi’s Silver Mountain f2 coop seedrun has risen from the grave.
Thank you to @Emeraldgreen who recently donated an f1 pack to revive the preservation that had just 1 original plant surviving. And thank you to @Uprangewilly in starting the run w the first f1 seeds.
Thank you @Cormoran for doing the valueable seed-making work.

38 Likes

Anyone have a fav bodhi strain or male for rosin/pressing ?

10 Likes

Ghash presses nice from the 3-4 crosses from her I’ve pressed yet

12 Likes

Agree. My best returns have been from Ghash crosses. Black Triangle hit 30% return for me.

16 Likes

Looking great! I love that cross be on the look out for rasins, potpourri, and preserved lemons some of best weed I’ve ever smoked.

4 Likes

Press them all! So far its been BadDawgs Sunshine #4 x #7-#8 (GLG freebie) 20+% returns with its progeny getting 25%. Booty had 15-18% returns, although all of its progeny have been pushing 20+% returns. Sunshine Queen was around 18%, recent harvested cross of her was only 15% though…Mendo Sunshine has been the most disappointing for rosin production, not sure if its the dominating terpenes in my selection (artificial grape - rubber) it has short stalks, with tacky kief, have been getting 10-15% and the tastes are rancid butter, the grape just disperses…Recently harvested a Mendo Sunshine x Booty pheno that was dead on blue raspberry sour candy but the return was 10% :zzz:

Still searching for that 30% gusher :writing_hand:

15 Likes