Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

Interesting…Great share!!

1 Like

Well, Hello There!!! #GrowWhatYouLove

27 Likes

I lived in pacifica for a while. Nice spot. That whole town felt like it was perpetually locked in the 20th century. Like everything just froze around 1996.

Rented a little 1950s suburban house on the edge of a canyon. The house was falling apart but the view of the ocean and the canyon was crazy. Pacifica has the most amazing ocean sunsets.

I had a sweet greenhouse for my prop 215 grow in this back yard. The first bodhi plants I grew were a cut of white lotus from another prop 215 collective. I remember it being similar to The White.

That yard was one of my all time favorite smoke spots.

watch out for pacifica cops though.
They drive around in robocop’s matte black ford taurus, I think it went to their heads.

The squad car numbers and police decals are gloss black on matte black paint. totally unreadable. no light bar, hidden flashers in the headlights and the grill. They think they’re real sneaky.

22 Likes

And it was ‘winter’ the entire time you were there…yes?
Pacifica has no summer.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I grew up in San Francisco so I love the fog.
There would be some nice sunny days, but by afternoon the fog bank blew in around 4:30 every day, and the nights are always cold and extremely windy.

The coastal weather and the terrain are pretty harsh in pacifica. My greenhouse eventually got destroyed by the wind during an ocean storm. The whole thing blew over that back fence and disappeard into the canyon.

There’s that old quote supposedly by Mark Twain
“the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco”

coincidentally the homemade bong in that photo was named Mark Twain because it looks so old timey.

13 Likes

I’m a south bay kid so I notice that marine layer shit.
I could leave my house at 95F and get to Pacifica one hour later and it would be 58F and windy as hell. Great beach when the big storms roll in, just don’t get too close to the water…

3 Likes

GLG really hooked it up.

29 Likes

That Sublime - Lime Grape Soda Skunk, is something I missed out on…when they were doing the free-bee, i was trying to stay conservative, so I consolidated my order down to a couple/few strains…but then the next day, I was like “I need to get the others I wanted too”, so i ended up placing another order (1 day apart), with the total bill well over the $150 minimum, or whatever it was at the time… GLG couldn’t do the math since the orders were placed separately - ughh. I always kick myself in the but for that one.

Now, I jump in, and buy on the first round - any & all the strains I want…I’ve noticed a lot of strains sell out quick (especially the desirable ones)… hot damn, I’m happy to see all the home growers out there, but some are just (Hoarding) buying out 5-10 packs at a time, leaving the rest of us struggling for the scraps…No big deal tho - I’ve had some good hookups along the way (also, some skimpy ones too - you know how it goes). Karma is a package in my mailbox. They can’t always be BOMB deliveries - I guess it’s a check & balance system. I believe credit should go where credit is due…and nice to have some generous members.

Perhaps when I do my own first breeding project, I can determine what’s fair when releasing packs…as of now - I’m a long time supporter only, I want my funds going where they are needed most…

4 Likes

I am running Sublime (along side Sweaty Unicorn) currently. It is only 2ish weeks old but it is coming along lovely. Popped 1 seed from the GLG freebie pack and it was a female (I had it DNA tested).

I can already sense the grape/purple in it… I’ll message you some of my notes once I get into flower/harvest if you are interested.

22 Likes

I like those leaves.

3 Likes

Lemon Thai F3 from Bodhi’s old release. Looks a little ragged because the rest of the plant is seeded. Smells like musky/incense/sour lemon soap. 'bout 10 weeks

VG

43 Likes

Sunshine Daydream - Bubbashine F2

64 Likes

What smells and flavors are you getting from that?

2 Likes

I know that people were saying Lavender lemonade wasn’t zkittles and that zkittlz was the drop but look at this

19 Likes

Yes I posted earlier in the thread that that is his breakdown for the seed to sale drop which he did the zkittles x the ll is lemon tree x Wookie 15 @CocoaCoir

10 Likes

I can see why it’s confusing, I was confused too… but I think DesertHeartGardens is correct.

6 Likes

^^ Sometimes people can make mistakes on social media posts yes, like this.

I see now. Thank you!

Funny that Bodhi just released Razzberry Goji x LL which is very similar to this razz orgasm.

11 Likes

I really want to fall in love with Lavender Lemonade, like Bodhi’s other lines. I want to grow something that looks amazing in the California sun, and smokes the way I like. I’m trying to decide between popping a couple Lavender Limeades or a couple Garlic Mints x LL. I’m leaning toward Garlic Lemonade. What are your thoughts?

9 Likes

Why not both?

6 Likes

I was thinking Garlicade.

3 Likes