Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

Yea, I’ve noticed my “11” seeds actually look like 13 to me as well. Not complaining one bit lol. I picked those as well. Sounds delish. And if they’re anything like my kali mists in terms of a “freebie”…quality wise, I’ll be more than happy. Hoping to get to some of the og kush crosses sooner than later this year and that’s one I definitely want to plant…of course along with all the other og crosses I want to plant :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Picked up an 8r of Space Monkey from the dispo the other day. Grown by SunMed. Saw it on the menu and instantly had to have it lol

Buzz starts off with a nice euphoric uplift and then after a few minutes settles down into a nice chill stone, but has this non-racy awake aspect to it. Gives me the munchies pretty good too

Smell is kind of an earthy gas. The smell is heavenly. Even just smelling it gives me good vibes, similar to smelling clean clothes out of the dryer. Refreshing might be the word I’m looking for.

Taste is smooth and earthy, with this ever so subtle hint of jolly rancher that finishes off with a more hashy flavor. Def liking this one.

25 Likes

3 Red Eye Jedi and 1 Black Triangle at week 4ish

35 Likes

My Space Monkey and my own crosses thereof have been strong Cedar/Pine as well as Lemons with my nose, extremely loud.
Can be a bit tingling and rushy when vaped but not White Knuckles inducing. A real fave on this hill!

19 Likes

I recently got a pack from Bodhi an it was a hash plant cross thank god.

Does anyone know much lavender taste is in his wookie crosses? I would like to get more from him but I absolutely hate lavender with a passion & I’ve noticed the wookie has lavender in its genetics.

1 Like

His wookie 15 dad throws out a lot of cedary and piny terps with some soapyness sometimes. I never tasted lavender so i dont know what it tastes like. But, space monkey did throw some florally smelling phenos.

3 Likes

I didn’t notice any lavender influence in the Neroli 91 and Phone Home I ran. It was straight OG with no floral.

7 Likes

Here’s the last place to get Eureka. 5 packs left. It is meant for breeders to use it to add lemon to their strains.

6 Likes

Eureka and tripping unicorn are the two I’ve been eyeing up. No reason to think this won’t be dropped again, is there?

4 Likes

He didn’t give much information. It is meant for breeders so I wouldn’t count on it. It released only 120 packs. That’s as many packs as SS023.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Im confused? That bud is THCa bud it appears. Thats legal to buy at gas stations here in ohio i believe. Unless im missing something?

Nope :confused:

It contains more than 0.3% of d-9 THC so it is not legal to sell as hemp according to the 2018 Farm Bill.

Literally all bud with THC is THCa bud. The vast majority of THC you consume when you smoke is actually THCa that gets decarboxylated by the flame and it becomes THC before it reaches your lungs.

9 Likes

Learn something new everyday. Thanks!!!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Anything we can do to help each other learn always helps our community learn. :smiley:

Truthfully, I didn’t know jack shit about this topic until 2020 after I became a medical patient and got confused by the jar labels :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ive seen bunches of lab reports. Never really paid attention to the breakdown on the different compounds. Never really cared about the reports at all to be honest. I know the high and effects are not only dictated by thc numbers. I just recently seen THCa nugs at the gas station and started researching it. Same with delta 8.

Ahh yeah. That stuff. Sorry folks, but I’m gonna go off the Bodhi topic for a moment.

So technically the THCa flower you’re seeing in gas stations will all have below 0.3% THC (not THCa) and thus is legally classified as hemp. Our legislators accidentally messed up and sort of legalized it via loophole in the Farm Bill. When you see THCa flower being sold outside of dispensaries it is literally just normal cannabis, probably harvested early to ensure that it tests within the legal limit for hemp. Any hemp testing above 0.3% is illegal and must be destroyed. So it is legal cannabis that will get you high but it is probably not going to be the top shelf stuff because it was likely chopped before the plant was ready.

A few years ago I was ordering THCa flower online and having it delivered directly to my home. Some of it is really good. Some of it is not. None of it is amazing other than the fact that I was amazed at having weed delivered to me by USPS :joy:

Then there’s the delta-8 flower. That’s a whole different thing and it’s more complicated. See, delta-8-THC (gonna call it “D8” from here) is something that rarely occurs naturally in cannabis. It can be made naturally by the plant but most strains don’t seem to make D8 and the ones that do make it only produce small quantities. So most of the D8 products being sold are actually derived from CBD that was chemically manipulated to turn it into D8. It’s essentially a synthetic cannabinoid when it’s sold this way. Currently there is no oversight for this stuff. I worry that the processes used to make synthetic D8 are going to have harmful byproducts or side-effects for the user.

9 Likes

Has anyone started anything from the new drop?

3 Likes

Don’t expect it to be re-dropped by Bodhi. But it may get a few packs available as seedbanks have orders not payed-for and it’ll maybe reappear 1 pack at a time.

5 Likes

Check out @SubzeroIceKold :seedling:

He just started 5.3, Zunga Zeng, and the Master Kush x Strawberry Milk freebie!

7 Likes