Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

The Kashmir Azad Bodhi uses is from “Kwiratta Asad region Kashmir.”

4 Likes

How about the one @firehead is doing?

1 Like

That’s the same also that Bodhi uses.

3 Likes

@CocoaCoir can you expand a bit on the differences between the two.

I do not know much about the one from the recent coop as I was saving them for breeding purposes and to compare them. There is much information on the Kashmir Azad. There is also a lolab valley that is out there with dwarf phenos.

3 Likes

Dont buy those old ass packs dude. All i got to say. The lore of those old bodhi packs are not worth the probability of shit germ rates.

11 Likes

I agree. I have a pack of Blood Orange from years ago that I simply don’t want to plant because I know the germ rates are going to suck despite being stored in a stable dry vault

4 Likes

Yea don’t bother with the old packs unless they’re selling them cheap as fuck. Most of the old beans I’ve tried to pop have had really bad germ rates. Just recently germed 16 Green Lotus beans and only 3 made it up. Before this, I popped over 30 Prayer Tower Sativa beans and only got 3 plants lol. They’re not worth the high prices that people are asking, even if they were “stored properly”. Old ass packs should be like $20 instead of the $100+ that people try to get.

22 Likes

They both equal 7 :grin:

6 Likes

True :fire:

1 Like

Feel free to DM me if you want to trade for that. I like a challange even if the odds are not good.

Recently popped the last seed from my oldest Bodhi strain, an 8-10 year old pack i got from GLG or JBC.
Apollo 11 f4. If things go well i will update in a few months.
The other 10-11 seedlings i accidentally killed or our dog ate them when i first got the pack years ago.
This last seed sat in the fridge, waiting for the right time.
This photo was taken a week ago. Today the seedling already has a sweet pineapple juice stem-rub.

44 Likes

I’ve never had any issues with old packs I’ve stored since they were current. Including snow lotus stuff. Always a gamble buying any seeds off old content from a 3rd/4th party though…
Still have SL packs and Appy stuff I put in fridge from +10 years ago and unless they are pale seeds they are 90% germ rate

11 Likes

Keepers > Keeping seeds in storage.
:100:

14 Likes

True but each person has diff. needs for what makes a keeper.
Think of a pack of Bodhi seeds like a music record w 10-12 songs. It’s fun to explore and decide for myself what songs vibe w me. It may not be the “hits” that the mass market likes.

12 Likes

Doesn’t all of this talk add up to definitely planting those old seeds to try and get something for your money? Sure, they might not all pop open and grow, but some of them will. What better time than right now? Later on they will have even less of a chance.
Well, if you’re out of hope for those old packs, send them all my way.
But, on the other hand, I would be cautious about buying old packs. But, I would if I had the money to gamble and it was something I was into.

8 Likes

Yes it means I need to plant my oldest stuff first instead of the shiny new one that just caught my short attention span :rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

Cant find those keepers if you dont pop em.

6 Likes

Pop em til you drop

3 Likes

Off topic, kinda on topic, idk

I have a almost done oreos x 88g13hp and i took a tester bud let it dry stuck in a fan guard for a couple days. When i put it up to dry it was sticky but not much smell, after a couple days drying it bloomed into a very pungent chocolate and cream smell/taste. I’ve never had a plant develop such scent change while drying, definitely something new. I’m excited for the entire plant to finish. If you like chocolate n cream this is a real one.

11 Likes

Oreoz is good hybrid fodder

Vigor and bag appeal and high is there
Terps are OK but can come out like you said

People sleep on how it stands up as a parent

7 Likes